Make ST great again

+
It SHOULD be better than a neutral card that does the same or similar thing and cost the same. This has been a thing in gwent for a long time, until lately suddenly all the neutral cards are getting buffed to be better than faction cards. And CoF is also worse than RD, because it can only tutor ST units.o
Call of the forest should tutor any st card so we dont have to run oneiromancy to tutor the overpriced scenario in elves deck but that deck is uber power crept anyway so who cares

After current cards getting a rework/buff, there are also cards I wish were added, that would further support some of the archetypes.
I'll start with my favourite one - Traps/Elven swarm. Currently the archetype has a rather small pool of cards to choose from - few must-include traps, the payoff (Eldain+Vernossiel) and blanks filled with some elves and special cards. My intention is to present some cards that would offer more variety to the archetype.
While I'm aware that many players hate this archetype, I find it to be one of the most interesting to play and play against, as they offer a different style of gameplay. So I had to start with it :cool:

Aelirenn's Blade
Aelirenns Blade.png

I feel like traps archetype misses some higher provision cost trap. Especially one that could serve as some kind of an engine.
There's a little lore story behind the design of this card: the decreasing damage it deals is meant to represent the history of elven rallies made against humans - at first starting strong, each later becomes weaker and weaker, till it's just a lone, weak elf standing.

Riordain
Riordain.png

Idea behind this card is simple - allow player to gain value from already used traps, without committing Eldain. Riordain's value can range from 10 (Incinerating Trap, Pitfall Trap) to up to 16 points (Crushing Trap) with favorable conditions.

Shaerrawedd
Shaerrawedd.png

This card is meant to support more the Elven swarm than traps, but I believe it could find place in traps decks too, as an alternative and/or support to Feign Death.

Dh'oine Hunt
Dhoine Hunt.png

Older players might recognize the Ambush ability from the beta. I think that the archetype needs a trap that would benefit from opponent playing a low power/provisions unit.

Rally Support
Rally.png

Another ability that beta players should be familiar with. While in beta this ability wasn't too popular, due to being quite slow, I believe that in post-HC Gwent it can find its place.

Eldain's Chosen
Chosen.png

One of the weak points of traps decks is being forced to use a trap in earlier rounds, thus not getting "fuller" value from them (+3 from Eldain). Eldain's Chosen is a sort of protection against that situation, as well as a way to gain additional value from Feign Death and Shaerrawedd.

And that's it - six cards that in my opinion would greatly enhance the options for Traps-Elves decks.

Arts used:

Aerilenn's Blade
Elven Blade by Bogna Gawrońska
Taken from Gwent Open Beta client.

Riordain, Rally Support/Scoia'tael Adept, Eldain's Chosen
Riordain, Vrihedd Cadet, Elven Skirmisher by Marek Madej
Taken from Gwent KtS client.

Shaerrawedd
The Ruins of Shaerrawedd by Edward Barons

Dh'oine Hunt:
Elven commando by Jaromir Hrivnac

Last edited: