Media, News & Previews Thread

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but is it a standard of design or an accessory.

Now? It's pretty much a toy. But now isn't 2077.

By 2077 I fully expect that to be standard and probably talking to your shooting glasses.

If we have the tactical tech now, kind of silly to pretend we won't have a better version of it in the future. Especially something so useful as an ammo counter.

This is how we ended up with laser sights, Red Dots, rail systems, etc.

Why not ammo count too?

This as well, probably, but I can see future weapons having an ammo indicator a la M41A Pulse Rifle.

Also, if you're cybernetically connected to your weapon an ammo counter would be pretty standard I would think.

OK, I'm little confused. When did this whole concept about "attributes and skills being the same thing in the game" has started, because I don't recall devs ever saying anything of sort. In the demo they had showcased the attributes, which are starting stats that you select in character creator, which determine your character strengths and weaknesses (Strength, Constitution, Intelligence, Reflex, Tech and Cool) represented with the numbers from 1 to 10. Skills and attributes are definitely a separate thing, since in the demo they had shown some skills like Hacking and Engineering, with V having hacking skill too low to open the door through computer system, so she had to use Engineering skill to open an access to vent instead.

As for the ammo counter, it was also shown in the demo that it is displayed via subdermal grip, which seemed to be an optional implant, so I think they are going for giving players an option to customize their UI in-game through cyberware upgrades.

OK, I'm little confused. When did this whole concept about "attributes and skills being the same thing in the game" has started, because I don't recall devs ever saying anything of sort.

Nobody's said anything about it. Waiting for that info hopefully somewhere not too far in the future.

Having already waited for 5+ years.

OK, I'm little confused. When did this whole concept about "attributes and skills being the same thing in the game" has started, because I don't recall devs ever saying anything of sort. In the demo they had showcased the attributes, which are starting stats that you select in character creator, which determine your character strengths and weaknesses (Strength, Constitution, Intelligence, Reflex, Tech and Cool) represented with the numbers from 1 to 10. Skills and attributes are definitely a separate thing, since in the demo they had shown some skills like Hacking and Engineering, with V having hacking skill too low to open the door through computer system, so she had to use Engineering skill to open an access to vent instead.

As for the ammo counter, it was also shown in the demo that it is displayed via subdermal grip, which seemed to be an optional implant, so I think they are going for giving players an option to customize their UI in-game through cyberware upgrades.
The question isn't whether attributes and skills are the same thing.

The question is whether skills and perks are the same thing.

Is character progression tied exclusively to a perk tree (maybe a few attribute bumps here and there, but those are probably rare)? Or will we ALSO have skills, a la engineering, weapon handling, persuasion, what have you.

As Kofe said, we are just waiting. Hopefully not too long.

The question is whether skills and perks are the same thing.
Agreed that "perks" were mentioned by several sources and neglected by others. It's clear that skills are in. It's clear that stats are in, and we know what the six stats are. Perks kinda seem like they are too. My best guess is they are separate things, but 'm not 100% on that.

If the are separate things ... I would think skills are tied to active abilities (i.e. you can't hack without a hacking skill) whereas perks would be more passive abilities (i.e. something that makes you better at sneaking around generally, etc). Something like that is what I think may be coming. But it's not clear at all from the info we have now ... and I would not bet money on it.

I saw on the front page that GameInformer said the game play blew them away. Is there a demo out? I come from a time when there would be a demo CD with the gamer magazine you purchased. I know that hasn't been a thing for a while But I was curious about this demo and why we haven't seen it.

No, it hasn't been made public. There's a lot that is known about it through journalists who attended a private showing of the demo during E3, though.
Plenty of preview articles and videos collected in E3 News & Previews Thread.

PS. I'm going to merge this into another similar thread.

Imo, people would've freaked out whatever happened, they just want to see the game, and journalists reactions, being hyped and all didn't helped at all

Last time they showed gameplay people ranted about the downgrade so I wont blame them.

I think a good number of people are likely to panic around just about anything, and I don't think seeing game play would have curtailed much of the perspective panic.

On the other hand showing game play to the mass market that is sloppy will cause panic, and if it looks nicer in the demo than it does on a console then people will freak out at launch about deceptive practices, both of those scenarios are worse than any panic that just not showing the demo might cause.

Last edited:
Based on what's said about it, I'm not sure if I want to see the E3 demo.

It's really frustrating... Most of what's said about the game sounds really good. I even saw a quote on another site saying that while you can travel around the city with the metro (or some such), you can also interact with the fellow passengers. I've suggested that interaction for years... Now obviously it's not on my account, but very good news in that regard nonetheless.

But the thing that bothers me to no end is the purported FPS combat and the lack of explanation on the character systems and their impact to the game. How the character systems work through gameplay is my chief concern and hope for the whole game as they are the all encompassing guidelines that dictate how the package as a whole feels. For example, Dying Light 2 promises lots of reactivity, which is really good, but I can't get interested - like at all - in parkour zombie bashing for the main draw and activity of the game.

What do you mean by ''character systems and their impact to the game'' or gameplay ?

If this world going to be diverse then there should be more than one body type in the game because in Witcher 3 most people had the same body type but in Cyberpunk 2077 because this world is a mixture of many things.

So that means that their are people coming from different backgrounds so they will have different upbringing and have different jobs so that means there should be more diverse especially in the character creator there should buff,chubby,slim and fit all in the world.

What do you mean by ''character systems and their impact to the game'' or gameplay ?

I’m not sure what you are asking.

Character systems as in stats, skills, perks, abilities... what ever’s there to define the characters level of aptitude at the various actions and acitivities and social standings.

hadn't seen this interview before. It's from E3, but a kinda cool discussion about player builds and level design at one point.
Nor had I.
Given his comments about combat I guess we'll have to expect some sort of bullet dodging, super effective body armor, or massive hit points in order to make melee combat a viable option.
Pity.

Nor had I.
Given his comments about combat I guess we'll have to expect some sort of bullet dodging, super effective body armor, or massive hit points in order to make melee combat a viable option.
Pity.
Yeah, we already kind of know the health system isn't going to work like the PnP, and it's not going to be super realistic. Seems more grounded than, say, CoD, but still.

Not sure if I'd call it a pity. It just lets more people enjoy their favorite playstyle.

I just have hopes CDPR will go all the way (as far as practical of course) in breaking the mold.

They're already making CP2077 an RPG first, shooter second. Doing truly fantastic work with an open world and SPECTACULAR stuff with the number and variety of NPCs populating the city (I'm very very curious how that managed that). I'd just like to see them take it totally the way CP2020 does. No "superpowers", "Hollywood" tropes, hit point sponges, or the other assorted stuff we see in 99.9% of games.

YES, CP2077 is a game, but that doesn't mean the typical BS game mechanics need to be used (when avoidable).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom