[Mega SPOILERS] Immersion Destroyer.

+
I really hope that CDPR recognizes now how badly needed a new and better ending is ( not quests after ending....)
So many players in many forums saying the same things like we do, and only a few of them are posting here.
Every day more posts about it because many players slowly finishing the game now and are not happy too.

And i have read a few times the same like i said...they can not play the game again because the horrible ending....

btw, why no dev post about it..they must know whats going on...

They want this game to be a killer of skyrim and it is till you finish the main story, sadly after that i felt like i just finish some linear game and not the biggest open world game so far. A lot of people really like that, they don't want to explore and see the changes in the world after you defeated the Wild Hunt. I never expected from CDPR to make an open world game with no post-ending gameplay, but maybe they have some good reason. It's a shame because the story is great, the world is amazing but the endings and the post-ending gameplay just ruin almost everything for me, like i said before in this thread it feels like they did not have enough time to finish the game.

I really hope that CDPR recognizes now how badly needed a new and better ending is ( not quests after ending....)
So many players in many forums saying the same things like we do, and only a few of them are posting here.
Every day more posts about it because many players slowly finishing the game now and are not happy too.

And i have read a few times the same like i said...they can not play the game again because the horrible ending....

btw, why no dev post about it..they must know whats going on...

I agree, I HOPE they do something to address this!

To me, now that I have seen them with my own eyes, the static end/old Dandelion VO, well it feels MUCH more like a "shortcut" (the good southern US term is half-assed) than it did when it was 'explained', before I experienced it.

It feels like CDPR decided it would take TOO long to get it all RIGHT and the benefits wouldn't be enough to out weigh the costs/delays that it would take. I honestly think they MEANT to do it but, TIME wasn't on their side. They got behind, delayed...then delayed again...they couldn't push back the release date again so, you get pictures and a VO...

Fine then charge us money for it i know its hard but then charge us money tink relly meny people would buy it serious the game feels so desperate

You said you only do if if you can do it right so take you time and do and then put a price on it

I'm thinking they're busy with the two expansions that total to up to 30 hours of extra content. The epilogue tells us what happened, we know what the future has in store for various characters. And for those that we don't? CD Projekt might have plans for them in the future, we dunno. Or maybe they don't, and we can imagine what we want. We don't know what ultimately happens to Frodo at the end of the Lord of the Rings, we don't need to know what happens to every character at the end of The Witcher.

---------- Updated at 07:46 PM ----------

Okay just going to comment on this post. Which just seems to have taken the first comment where someone has given a reason for them not doing anything and gone with it.

That scenario was not what the majority of people have been asking for with this entire post. Hate to ask this, but did you actually read the thread? I think not.

What people are asking for, and sure some people did say it would be cool to experience an after end game state, but not the majority. The majority of people want the characters back in the game and concurred that a post Epilogue state of the game which would literally have not required any change, except the characters implementation.

Okay, now to move onto the presentation of facts and what we as a player base were asking for compared to this:

1) Every NPC would have to react... No, Every character does not know what happened in Skellige after the Epilogue, and only Ciri, Geralt and Avallac'h knew as well as probably Yen/Triss...
2) They need different scenarios, only three, and that's in the case of the Epilogue, without the post Epilogue, literally no work.
3) Entire area's need to change dramatically. Nope, post the Epilogue, the zones are still in a war-time state, the war is not over yet. The war ends, which entails these massive changes post the Storyboard, after the Epilogue. If you didn't do the Epilogue, nothing has changed because the story hasn't ended at all.

Sure, there is never such a thing as "JUST" adding something, but there is a thing as improving something to make it more enjoyable, rewarding and making your fans happy as well as satisfied with the end of the game. As well as being able to still feel immersed in the game world for DLC content, continuing their game.

I really hope that you make an effort to discuss this, and next time actually read the thread.

Because, for almost 250+ pages of this thread it has been discussed, the options you have and what would have been really, the best way to implement this change and it seems you have taken the one option no-one realistically expected and said, "Oh yes, we can't do this because... Or it would be extremely difficult to do this because..." when we already know these reasons and thus didn't make that a realistic option in the first place, more of a shiny dream enjoyed by some players...

The fact is that ending the game after the Epilogue was realistic and the best option to really conclude, Geralt's story. Your story board acts as a form of insurance for the player, to know that their character will enjoy said future, well also in the right time to have all the side quests still available, active and relevant, as well as all the characters deployed in the game world.

------------

I just wanted to add that I don't mean to be picky here or in any way aggressive, as I'm sure it reads, it's in my nature to pick apart arguments or words. But, I have literally been reading this thread since the first reply all the way through to now and have seen countless people come and give their opinion, opinions of feelings of the end of the game and then opinions and really interesting discussions about how CDPR could incorporate a solution realistically and achieve-ably. To have all that discussion take place and then to have a RED post literally addressing the only opinion we really didn't expect to happen, as being Extremely hard, and the way the post is made, as being not really an option in their eyes, is really disappointing nor does it feel like all the feedback has been thought about or taken in at all.

Just replay the game? Why should they waste their time on this when all you have to do is simply load and older save or restart.

I'm thinking they're busy with the two expansions that total to up to 30 hours of extra content. The epilogue tells us what happened, we know what the future has in store for various characters. And for those that we don't? CD Projekt might have plans for them in the future, we dunno. Or maybe they don't, and we can imagine what we want. We don't know what ultimately happens to Frodo at the end of the Lord of the Rings, we don't need to know what happens to every character at the end of The Witcher.

---------- Updated at 07:46 PM ----------

Just replay the game? Why should they waste their time on this when all you have to do is simply load and older save or restart.

Replay the game and get that shitty Epilogue movie once again? Nice!
I wasted over 150 hours on this one and before that we had 2 games. It's meant to be the biggest RPG game, and everything is OK but the fact that there's no post-game which shows us the world's state is pretty damn stupid. Basically, It could be just another linear game and nothing'd change at all, only one/two pictures in slideshow is all we got for our choices. It is the most important part of the series. They planned to give us opportunity to make the decisions which will "lead to something" but instead we get THAT. If they really wanted to make a good realisation of the idea where the players are given the freedom of choice which will lead us to something, they didn't succeed. Also, It just feels unfinished.
TLOTR is a movie and we can't influence on the plot, and the story is also good and very well finished. So it is a bad comparison, don't see how these are related to eact other.

Last edited:
We don't know what ultimately happens to Frodo at the end of the Lord of the Rings...

Yeah but wouldn't it be cool if enough people wanted to see another 30-90 min of Sam and his brood playing around the garden or Merry and Pip's eventual adventures...AND...Peter Jackson said, 'Oh, what the hell, ok..." I bet you dollars to donuts if a kickstarter popped out $150 mil in a week to get the project started, Peter Jackson and New Line Cinema would but filming the NEXT week!

SO, what is wrong with asking? If its a paid expansion and someone don't want it...good on'em. The key is, ALWAYS ask for what you want...at least you make the other person tell you NO. If you don't ask at all, they get to say NO by saying nothing at all.

I'll admit, it is my gut feeling that CDPR will opt for option 2 anyway but no harm in trying!

---------- Updated at 04:05 PM ----------

Should I use Spoiler Tags in this Thread or can I post open questions without fear of drawing the ire of other posters (and the MODs)?

Last edited:
Should I use Spoiler Tags in this Thread or can I post open questions without fear of drawing the ire of other posters (and the MODs)?
Don't worry, you may not use spoiler tags here because the thread itself has a name Spoiler. No one will punish you. :D

Ok, been thinking on this...

What we have now, the empty worlld of Geralt, CDPR says the reason for this empty post game world is, 'there are too many optional endings. It is not feasible monetarily OR in the dedication of programming hours to justify having the end game world reflect the one that the player made happen through his/her choices in the story.' That's paraphrased from an earlier post in this thread. HERE -> http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...on-Destroyer?p=1726855&viewfull=1#post1726855

So, to make things neat and simple, they gave us an PRE-end game world that is empty of main story characters and void of any real feel for what the game was/is to us.

So, lets brainstorm this: (I'll spoiller tag all the possible endings, just in case):

This is a work in progress so help me if I miss one:
Romance options:
Yen
Triss
Neither(either by choice or making BAD choices)

Ciri's Fate:
Witcher
Empress
Gone

War Results: (I am real sketchy on all the options here)
Redanien Total Victory; Radovid
Redanien Victory; Sigismund Dijkstra w/Free Temeria(Roche)
Nilfgaardian Total Victory: Empress Ciri

Is that about it? That would be 36 options(if I remember how to multiply multiple variables).

Anyway, if you take all these options and put them in a poll; "If you could pick, which one of these endings you would pick?"

Then take the top two and give CDRP focus on just those two end-game choice! If they let the voice of the peoples decide and offer the two as paid expansions, they would reflect an ending choice that most would want/did get and it would make it possible for them to focus all their efforts on making it a living post end game OPEN WORLD!!! That's what I thought they wanted. Anyway, I could handle that as an option because I do believe the RED I referenced, hell, 8 optional endings would be too many to consider let alone 36!

Honestly, depending on how long it took, they could slowly release the top 3- 5 vote getters and it would bet, that would make 90% of the people happy AND get us a complete ending for the game.

It wouldn't be perfect but, I think it would be a hell of a lot better than what we have now!

NOTE: The above idea is just a thought, an attempt to think of an out for everyone. I KNOW this is WAY less important than bug fixes and stability issues but the RED above asked for us to keep offering up ideas...this is one that I think would work on the short term AND give us some finality in the long run too.

---------- Updated at 07:22 PM ----------

Don't worry, you may not use spoiler tags here because the thread itself has a name Spoiler. No one will punish you. :D

Damn, too late! :S

Damn, too late! :S
No worries!
You got actually a good idea there but what do you think they will do? Add 5-10 or more hours content including Ciri, Yen/Triss? Just make some side-quests missions with them? Make a movie of cutscenes with them? I don't really know what it will be and maybe it maybe all together in one content (which I hope they will put at Expansion Pass, I don't think that pass deserves this price with only 2 dlc storylines, I wish they could put something there too).
I just really hope I will get same emotions I got from the main story like when Geralt found Ciri, when she said "I like when you smile", drinking with Lambert and Eskel and saying "I love you, Lambert" and more and more.

Last edited:
No worries!
You got actually a good idea there but what do you think they will do? Add 5-10 or more hours content including Ciri, Yen/Triss? Just make some side-quests missions with them? Make a movie of cutscenes with them? I don't really know what it will be and maybe it maybe all together in one content (which I hope they will put at Expansion Pass, I don't think that pass deserves this price with only 2 dlc storylines, I wish they could put something there too).
I just really hope I will get same emotions I got from the main story like when Geralt found Ciri, when she said "I like when you smile", drinking with Lambert and Eskel and saying "I love you, Lambert" and more and more.

You know, the way I would want it done, if you go with the best possible ending(IMO only), Yen and Geralt preparing to leave for their new home with Ciri as Geralt's witcher student in tow. They have to go out first to clear out the old estate that Yen has picked out...she would know about it from her travels. Would seems simple enough until Geralt and Citi discovers the estate sits near the ruins of an old library, one of the first places Avallac'h had researched at when he first arrived here!

So, why would Yen be interested in the sage's studies? What would she be hiding and what is her motivation...clearly it would have to be pretty serious stuff, LVL 40+ creatures and special gear drops! They would discover Yen might be trying to learn more about Ciri's gift and following the sage's early steps...it would seem nefarious to Geralt but in the end she would finally share that she is just looking out for Ciri, trying to shield her from another elven sage that has come onto the scene. They would enlist the service of several old friends(step right up and spin the wheel!) and in the middle of the expansion the two witchers would have to split up! That would give us a chance to play Ciri on a full quest solo!

For the fun of it, a need for Geralt and Yen to visit and consult with Triss about something could arise...this would give the fans of that sort of thing a chance to see the claws come out a bit...I won't think of trying to guess how that part of the story would go but, it would offer some interesting make-up-time for Yen and Geralt upon their return home to met up with Ciri...and all of this stuff would offer a lot of conversations along the way.

In the end, the 'family' would have to combine their strength to overcome the new sage and beat down his minions...for the win.

When its all done you would have everyone that survived in the main story where they would be a year later. The would be static, limited interaction but they would be in the world with the player...in the POST war world...and it would feel more populated and less empty when know where everyone is.

Besides, that would give all kinds of jumping off points for future DLC as well fan-made content creation. "Go talk with Triss and get an item..." type stuff :)

Does any of that make any sense? I am on meds right now and still kinda emotional from finishing the game last night late :D

You know, the way I would want it done, if you go with the best possible ending(IMO only), Yen and Geralt preparing to leave for their new home with Ciri as Geralt's witcher student in tow. They have to go out first to clear out the old estate that Yen has picked out...she would know about it from her travels. Would seems simple enough until Geralt and Citi discovers the estate sits near the ruins of an old library, one of the first places Avallac'h had researched at when he first arrived here!

So, why would Yen be interested in the sage's studies? What would she be hiding and what is her motivation...clearly it would have to be pretty serious stuff, LVL 40+ creatures and special gear drops! They would discover Yen might be trying to learn more about Ciri's gift and following the sage's early steps...it would seem nefarious to Geralt but in the end she would finally share that she is just looking out for Ciri, trying to shield her from another elven sage that has come onto the scene. They would enlist the service of several old friends(step right up and spin the wheel!) and in the middle of the expansion the two witchers would have to split up! That would give us a chance to play Ciri on a full quest solo!

For the fun of it, a need for Geralt and Yen to visit and consult with Triss about something could arise...this would give the fans of that sort of thing a chance to see the claws come out a bit...I won't think of trying to guess how that part of the story would go but, it would offer some interesting make-up-time for Yen and Geralt upon their return home to met up with Ciri...and all of this stuff would offer a lot of conversations along the way.

In the end, the 'family' would have to combine their strength to overcome the new sage and beat down his minions...for the win.

When its all done you would have everyone that survived in the main story where they would be a year later. The would be static, limited interaction but they would be in the world with the player...in the POST war world...and it would feel more populated and less empty when know where everyone is.

Besides, that would give all kinds of jumping off points for future DLC as well fan-made content creation. "Go talk with Triss and get an item..." type stuff :)

Does any of that make any sense? I am on meds right now and still kinda emotional from finishing the game last night late :D

This is a really good idea. Im just hoping someone from CDPR is still following this thread. We need this poll to get huge to hopefully motivate them to put this into action.
FOR NEW PEOPLE GO TO PAGE 46 AND VOTE ON THE POLL

So I"m gonna just say I haven't played in awhile, I might go back and do the DLC quest (Mining with Missing Miner free DLC quest in skellige) and get the horse armors, but other than NEW content, nah... just gonna have to wait for a significant expansion or dlc :(

I'm thinking they're busy with the two expansions that total to up to 30 hours of extra content
I can only speak for me, but im not interested and i will not buy the season pass etc until the ending is fixed..
Many players are just angry now. And the numbers are rising every day. Just look here,Steam and other Gaming Forums.
Why should they want 30h extra content if they dont want to play this game again because the ending destroys the game completely ?
i must ask, what's more important ?
Make the Witcher 3 the game it should be and make fans happy and more profit, or release some content the players do not want "now" because they don't want to play it again in this state ?

Well, i would delay the seasonpass stuff, because other things are more important now. My opinion.
Or one Team for season pass Stuff, one Team working on addon....
I would Pay for an Expansion/Addon because i know it costs money and working time but the witcher deserves it.
But i don't want to wait years or for the EE to start my second playthrough...

Btw, just to make things clear. i'm not talking about some Quests after the Ending ...No need and that will change nothing.

Last edited:
All that sudden disapperance of npcs just totally brakes immersion after the end of main quest. Honestly, I don't need CDPR guys to make new content (although that would be perfect) set after epilogue with ciri living in kaer morhen etc. Just don't delete this npcs from the game omg! I want to meet them, see them and talk to them even if they have completely nothing new to say. That's all...

You've made an absolutely amazing game (especially for polish novels fans) and yet it feels kinda broken right after the end :(

Last edited:
You've made an absolutely amazing game (especially for polish novels fans) and yet it feels kinda broken right after the end :(

This seems to be the feeling thats starting to swell. It is getting CRAZY ass review scores from the major gaming sites because the reviewer plays MAYBE the first 30 hours over a long weekend. If a writer were to dedicate a weekend and play the game until about the, "Now or Never" quest...I can only speak for myself...I was totally blown A WAY at that point!

Does anyone really think that a dedicated game reviewer and writer who has to turn out new articles several times a month and is juggling reviews on a half dozen or more games would have been able to finish TW3 by now? If they are able to play hard 3 hours a day on it(cause thats all the spare time they have to 'play' what they want)...it would take them almost two months to finish it at that rate.

No, as more people see the abysmal effort CDPR put into the 'thought' of an ending of this game, the ground will swell with dissatisfaction. Hell, I WAS going to buy a copy of this for my wife but...after I finished, she saw how upset and pissed I became. Neither of us want to live in the house if she had the same response!

What needs to happen is some one needs to get the attention of IGN or one of the other BIG review sites and send them a save file from RIGHT before the end so they can see what we are talking about. I bet you money they will all threaten to drop the total review score when they see. THAT will cost them sales and when you threaten them with the loss of future monies...that is the only thing that motivates the management.

That last part is meant to be ONLY management...I truely believe in my heart of hearts, the development team knows this was a shoddy, half-assed way of ending the series. They weren't given an option, a senior production manager just said, "have it done by the last week in April, thats the gold date and its out the door!" I bet there are even a few devs reading this thread and are as pissed about it as we are...I hope anyway.

Yes I agree. I had about 85 hours playtime when I finished witcher 3 and I was planning on doing all the side quests and contracts after finishing the main story but then after I finished and didn't find any main characters, I got so empty feeling and didn't want to play anymore.

I really hope they fix this. I would even pay if they added all the important characters after the ending and you could talk about what is happening after the ending and play gwent with them. It would also be really nice if like every 5 or so levels you gain they get new dialogue.

Top Bottom