MIDWINTER UPDATE - CARD REVEALS (SKELLIGE)

+
KDean11;n9929561 said:
Can't wait to play Hym, imagine denying your opponent a silver unit.
Spawn means create a copy. Therefore the opponent would still have that silver unit...

Ulfhedinn is apparently Vabjorn on steroids. Hazard and Damage SK will be a thing then. Like Skellige wasn't powerful enough...

KDean11;n9929561 said:
Can't wait to play Hym, imagine denying your opponent a silver unit. And it doesn't say random so you will be able to choose which one to spawn. And the fact you can also choose to play a curse unit from your deck makes this card great.
Isengrim Outlaw doesn't say random either but it was clarified it picks from a pool of 3 random silver specials/silver ST units.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Love the new SK Gold Werewolf - reminds me of the good ol' days where Harald's Leader Power was damaging all units and would do extra damage to already damaged units, this new card is very similar.

Not convinced by the other bronzes and silvers that were just revealed though.

Those Beastmasters seem pretty solid. So many bears... it's unbearably difficult to resist the temptation to make a pun about them.

I have a feeling Ulfhedinn is going to see a lot of use... Axemen and Overdose for example sound like good friends of him. Perhaps Harald will rise again.

All I have to say is this Beastmasters better be Doomed. They and their preposterous animation. An easy 19 points Bronze with Restore, which you can combo with Dorregaray and Ekimmara for a double effect - please doom them ASAP.

Geralt: Yrden with Axemen + the new Wolfie sounds like a fun. Without Yrden and in something like today's meta... oh boy...

Just Asking.
Beastsmaster are Tuirseach but does not have the Veteran hability,
Is it an oversight?

Otherwise they are more likely Vildkaarl (Svalblod), no?

RidiculousName;n9958461 said:
Giant Boar has got to be one of my favourite premiums. Those piglets are adorable!

I'll have to build a SK deck just so I can use that card.

Plausible to combine it in a deck with Olaf, having 2 strong finishers in a stale, short round 3 ;)

RidiculousName;n9958461 said:
Giant Boar has got to be one of my favourite premiums. Those piglets are adorable!

I'll have to build a SK deck just so I can use that card.

I don't now if i'll play SK any time soon but, yes, the piglets are really adorable and single handedly erased from my mind the premium Parasite's uglines!

To be honest I am not impressed by new SK 's cards.However, I will be waiting to see If I am wrong or not.

Last edited:
I wonder why Yoana neither has nor provides Armor. Would make perfect sense.
Anyway, with all the potentially huge units that SK has she might gain super high value against things like weather - or the new Iorveth.

Clan Corsair doesn't seem to have many options for resurrecting: a ship, another ship or the new ship. :p

Clan corsair, new ship, axeman.... in general seems that axeman archetype got a lot of support.

I liked Yoana a lot in Witcher 3, so I'm glad to see her in Gwent as well. Especially in combination with cards like Skirmishers she will sometimes be able to generate a lot of value (in other situations of course she will not be that great). Definitely I card I'll give a try.

Don't idea if Corsair will come along with a change to Freya. It seems likely though. It would make sense to me that Freya doesn't resurrect machines.
We'll see.

RidiculousName;n9985031 said:
Clan Corsair doesn't seem to have many options for resurrecting: a ship, another ship or the new ship. :p

Whale Harpooner? 3+8 Power + Damage + Moving...seems good for (for example) an Axeman deck. I hate Harpooner with my Consume deck...my Vrans hate it too:cheers:

bojerbela;n9988241 said:
Whale Harpooner? 3+8 Power + Damage + Moving...seems good for (for example) an Axeman deck. I hate Harpooner with my Consume deck...my Vrans hate it too:cheers:

Exactly. So right now it has 3 possible targets - and who knows, maybe the last reveal will introduce SK players to one more Machine to resurrect.
We'll see.

Top Bottom