Mike Pondsmith as a voice actor in the game?

+
Pearlmans role was cool.... but an equivalent to 3-Dogs role would be so much better for Mike I think....

If they make Mike into a voice on the radio, they better give him more lines than the five(?) Three Dog had. I didn't listen to him much because of him repeating himself constantly.

If they make Mike into a voice on the radio, they better give him more lines than the five(?) Three Dog had. I didn't listen to him much because of him repeating himself constantly.

Admittedly, I was hoping he would have a radio role closer to Forthright M.C. (Chuck D.) or The Funktipus (George Clinton) from San Andreas...

I was making the comparison to three dog merely to illustrate the Radio DJ, that also happens to be a fixer who gives you missions....

Maximum Mike has the voice of angel soaked in bourbon and chocolate... and I want to hear him talk as much as I can...

I think it would be cool if he was the narrator for the story/the "GM" for your game. Although a cameo as an NPC would also be cool.

It would be cool on so many levels. We should start a petition :)
And Mike DOES have a great voice. I'm jealous.

(Google Translator)

Mike has a nice voice and I agree with others that it should be in the game.

But there is a small "but". I hope the game will be available in several languages​​, including Polish! If when we hear his voice in the game, it's only in English! Well, unless he learns the Polish, Russian, German, French, Spanish, Turkish, Czech ... Chinese. And maybe more. :D

And here's my little idea:

I do not know Cyberpunk world. I do not know what character we play. However, I can imagine how radio can work in the future. Radio for cyborgs could be part cyborg body. Operated and controlled by the mind, and a voice would be heard in his head.

Cyborg with a radio in the head, he could call the radio studio, as listeners call phone today.

Mike would be a radio DJ. But not only proclaiming repeated phrases. We could make a call to this radio, whenever we want, and then choose the dialogue. Mike's voice on the radio at the same time would be the narrator, commentator and one of the characters in the game.

Would look like this:

- We turn on the radio. We hear the music and the voice of Mike, who simply talking about something, What do you mean radio. Weather "We have a beautiful day" events, a joke, something about music, etc. .. We'll hear on the radio the other to call and talk about their problems, sometimes silly, sometimes funny, sometimes serious.

Our talks with the radio may even be part of the story, but not necessary.

He sets such an atmosphere in every video that it feels like a perfect voice for narrator in between story chapters for example.

As far as dubbing the game goes, and I don't mean to be insensitive or insulting here, I don't think the company should waste their time and money on that. It's 2013. Everyone should learn English. It is the world language, and it is the basis for the projected future language of our planet, Panglish. Even Blader Runner already had an example of that, the Cityspeak.

I'm all for conserving each and every language of each and every country in their original form, especially the rare ones. However, I just think there's no excuse not to learn also the language the world speaks.

In Finland, when I was a kid in the 80's and early 90's, we were inundated with cartoons, movies, games and TV-series, many of which weren't subtitled, and only a few of which were dubbed. People who got into that world with an open mind ended up very fluent in the language. Nowadays our kids are deprived of this "language bath" by horribly dubbed kids TV shows and movies.

Learning a language is quite possible even as an adult. I only recently met a Russian girl, in her late 20's or early 30's, who had studied and practiced speaking Finnish for no more than six months, and she spoke it amazingly well. Finnish being quite a bit harder as a language to learn than English. English is everywhere, you just need to be willing to learn it. I mean, our "second official language" (as they have told me) is Swedish. I hate Swedish. Do I know how to speak or read it? Barely. If you see learning a certain language (such as in this case Swedish) completely and utterly pointless, you won't learn it. I also studied Russian for five years. Ja ne govorju po russki. What a waste of time that was. :)

In any case, if Projekt RED has the time and money to dub the game, I've personally got no objections, but it shouldn't affect the level of the English content in any way. That's just my honest opinion, a single opinion among many, and I'm sorry if anyone is offended by it.

I think it should be a cameo of sorts, not a major role such as a narrator or radio announcer. He may have a cool voice but he's not a professional voice actor.

Oh absolutely! He's an awesome dude and has a godlike voice. Wouldn't mind at all to hear him in-game. At least he could do a small cameo?

As far as dubbing the game goes, and I don't mean to be insensitive or insulting here, I don't think the company should waste their time and money on that. It's 2013. Everyone should learn English. It is the world language, and it is the basis for the projected future language of our planet, Panglish. Even Blader Runner already had an example of that, the Cityspeak.

(Google Translator)

In that case, the game will be only in Polish, if you dont want to translate. So learn Polish.

I see no reason to learn English. Because at the end will be only Chinese.

Yeah, they need to localize the same languages they had for TW2. I played both TW1 and TW2 with Polish VO's, and loved it.

In that case, the game will be only in Polish, if you dont want to translate. So learn Polish.

Yes, well... It will be in English, because Projekt RED wants to actually make some profit.

I see no reason to learn English. Because at the end will be only Chinese.

Well, first of all, we will all be dead before that "end" comes, so it doesn't affect us in any way. Secondly, you see no reason to learn the language the world speaks? Wouldn't games not being dubbed into Polish be such a reason? Well, to each their own. I still maintain that if they make a game aimed at the world market, dubbing it, or translating the textual content, shouldn't lower the level of the language for the main audience, which is English, or in any other way eat the resources the company has, which would be better spent making the game be of better quality.

(GT)

If a game does not have Polish dubbing I did not buy it. The game is not food. I do not need to have.

Edit:
However, Cyberpunk is typically American and English will be the best, for obvious reasons. Which of course does not change the fact that the game should be translated into other languages​​.

In the case of The Witcher, it's different. Polish, or Russian are more suitable.

In summary:
1) English is obvious as the main language of the Cyberpunk 2077.
2) But the translations must be.
3) Mike's voice is really cool and fit in well in the game.
4) But there is no chance to be in the game in other language versions.
5) I do not agree with the philosophy of C. Macleod.

Top Bottom