Mini-map while driving needs to be zoomed out

+
I have no idea why this thread doesn't have 100 million vote ups.

I figured I was missing an obvious setting after crashing for the thousandth time, until I found this thread.

Please fix this, driving at high speeds and not knowing when you have to turn until it is 200 milliseconds away sucks.

i posted something similar about customisable hud instead of zooming the map i was wanting the ability to move elements around so that i could put the minimap in the bottom centre of the screen so that you don't lose valuable seconds constantly glancing up only to crash into a vehicle or miss the turn completely.

If the mini map cannot be zoomed out, then at least change it so the arrow representing the player vehicle is positioned at the very bottom of the square, maximising the amount of visible space in front of you. This alone would give players much more time to react to upcoming turns. It's not like you need to see what's behind the player arrow - it's all just wasted HUD space since the area in front is what's important.

That or show the path in the game world, like saints row does. And it makes even more sense in this game since we have cybernetics installed in our head, actually very surprised there isnt anything like that. People wont need external gps if they have a gps in their head.

The other thing that can help is no auto panning when driving in the car, dont know if there is currently an option to turn that off. But the auto panning messes with my ability to figure out where to go as well.

Another idea is also automatic driving or pressing an action button so that the vehicle adapts to the road, as was done in The Witcher 3. Frankly, I do not understand how in a world with implants and cutting-edge technology this has not happened option . We hope that in future updates the community will be heard to implement these improvements.

By the way, in Watch Dogs it is very well implemented.

Last edited:
After patch 1.04 and upgrade to the latest NVidia drivers all is fine except.... THIS.

Actually driving in this game is something what is totally screwed up. I am just after finishing GTA5 again, so I have really good comparison. Of course comparing GTA5 to Cyberpunk is not 100% fair I must admit but anyway, CD Projekt should have learned something from these guys. Obviously it took to the Rock Star to achieve this level of playability 3 releases of TPP version of the game, so their engine is polished as fuck on that side, I agree - but this is where you guys should get lesson from, right? They did it right, so you are able to drive at high speed without any problem. Why? Because the min-imap has correct level of view sight so you can plan ahead your route. Second thing is the position of the mini-map. In GTA we have it in the left-bottom corner and surprisingly this detail does a MUCH. It's because usually your vehicle is in the bottom of your screen, so naturally your eyesight is focused on that part of the screen, so the quick look on the left bottom side is much faster than moving it to the right-top. I know, it's all about milliseconds but in such a gameplay it matters, and frankly it matters A LOT, unless you want to drive at 15Mph speed. You have to take into account also other distractors, like for instance phone calls during drive. So again, correct view sight, correct position of the mini-map AND last but not least better auto-route planning, which at the moment also is pretty weak, should fix the issue.

I hope CD Projekt, you read this from time to time.

Besides that, cheers! Good game anyway...

Top Bottom