Minimap and healthbar etc

+
Minimap and healthbar etc

Hello, I just started playing TW3 and soon after I faced a problem, where my minimap, healthbar etc disappeared. And I can't find how could I turn them back on. Reloading saves, even to earlier ones wont help.

Thank you. And it requires reinstalling, then? As it doesn't recognize that I already have installed that game from GOG (with that installer). And neither I have any verify options available (light grey text).

---------- Updated at 01:05 PM ----------

Can you get into the game menu, period?

Game menu, yes, but not to HUD Configuration. Only thing that's "locked" in the menu.

Last edited:
I would still like to know if I should reinstall or the problem seems to be in something else? And if I did, could I use the same save files or they might be corrupt and I should start a new game?

if you dont know how to configure the hud chances are small that it was altered that way.

load a savegame then press pos1/home button then your hud will reappear, no way it dissappears without reason.

or maybe you installed a mod that screwed your hud up? there enough hud altering mods.

reinstalling is a bit drastic solution

1) that button doesn't work
2) that HUD sub-menu is "locked" for me (only thing in whole menu that is "locked")
3) I haven't installed any mods, not even that expansion pack (yet)

Delete everything in the directory containing your user.settings file (EXCEPT the gamesaves folder -- KEEP that). Validate the installation through GOG.

Seems weird that that's the only setting locked by default. Something must have gotten borked.

Delete everything in the directory containing your user.settings file (EXCEPT the gamesaves folder -- KEEP that). Validate the installation through GOG.

Seems weird that that's the only setting locked by default. Something must have gotten borked.

Tried that. Didn't help. And also, I'm unable to validate the installation (grayed out).

Hmm. Since you're not using any mods, I would ensure that you have all of the Free DLC installed (including stuff like the alternate looks, NG+, etc -- even if you don't intend to use it.)

If that has no effect, it certainly appears to be a problem somewhere in the installation. You should probably contact CDPR Support. I'd include some screenshots of the actual issue, saved game, and a dxdiag for this one.

Just a quick addendum. The greyed-out validation thing means that either:

1.) You're logged into GOG under the wrong account.

2.) The installation directory has been changed / moved, and GOG / Galaxy can't find it.

3.) There is some problem with your GOG account or game permissions somewhere.

You may want to backup your saves, uninstall, CCleaner the heck out of your Registry, then re-install under a folder name of your choosing (not defaults).

Last edited:
Will try to reinstall whole game (with the free DLC's I had, would be shame if I simply couldn't use them). If it wont help, I'm contacting CDPR Support.

Reinstalled via galaxy. So far, it works.. And another difference I've noticed, is that it's a lot easier to kill enemies. For some reason, some foes were pretty much immortal (like werewolves). After the reinstalling, I killed them easily.

Top Bottom