Minimap Suck

+

Do You Like Minimap

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When i drive minimap is so small i literly feel forced to quick travel. i hate fact i dont know where i m going. Scrollable minimap, bigger minimap for cars.... i hope for anything
I m after my first ( not last) playthrough , and this 1 thing was most painful for me.

Yep some random "rng" side missions or mod support would be great for replayability but for me minimap is biggest problem

What do you guys think about it?

When i drive minimap is so small i literly feel forced to quick travel. i hate fact i dont know where i m going. Scrollable minimap, bigger minimap for cars.... i hope for anything
I m after my first ( not last) playthrough , and this 1 thing was most painful for me.

Yep some random "rng" side missions or mod support would be great for replayability but for me minimap is biggest problem

What do you guys think about it?
Would be nice to have a setting that allows us to change the minimap scaling (is that the correct word?) and size.

The Night City is one of the best aspects of the game, but the way the minimap works, forces us to look at it almost constantly while driving, instead of enjoying the view. Please, Reds, introduce minimap scaling relative to vehicle velocity. And secondly - maybe add street-level path display, something like during street racing.

I totaly agree, we need a minimap zoom out feature badly, would save so many immersive breakers, when having to go out into world map, just to see that fast travel is right beside you, not being able to close the world map fast, with a one button click is also an annoyance, otherwise great fucking game! :)
Post automatically merged:

The Night City is one of the best aspects of the game, but the way the minimap works, forces us to look at it almost constantly while driving, instead of enjoying the view. Please, Reds, introduce minimap scaling relative to vehicle velocity. And secondly - maybe add street-level path display, something like during street racing.
Yeah its kinda fun, we can see everything in our hood, but not apex :p

Last edited:
100% right.
You'd expect it to have the option to zoom in or out manually or automatically zoom out depending on speed as a real-world sat-nav does.

The minimap is my mumber 1 issue with the game right now. It's totally driving me up the wall... because it keeps causing me to drive up walls.

Last edited:
You would think by the year 2077 there would be a gps navigation system built in to your retinas. I wish they made the ui elements more immersive. Plenty of instances where we get a HUD system message: Flatlining, downloading funds, overheating, virus detection and etc yet the Minimap, quest icons and subtitles are such eye sores. Doesn't fit the consistency. I want to enjoy the world without UI clutter!!

Last edited:
The most annoying thing is that it turns off whenever you enter a new area or you get some notification... stay on at all time!

Oh good this thread is already here so I don't have to make one. Yes, the minimap should absolutely zoom out as you increase speed in a vehicle. I too miss turns endlessly because there's no hud for navigation (I'm on the fence about having this feature) and the minimap is zoomed in too close to catch a turn before you're in the intersection.

Minimap is less of a problem than the car navigator. The issue is that when you are driving at high speed, you can't see the next turn on the minimap in time, before you have already passed it and have to do U-turn.

The minimap scale should maybe turn bigger when you are driving, or there should be some sorta warning when there is a turn ahead.

You mean Micromap

Dont know why they didnt add visual indicators on the actual roads. Or signals that pop up (Mafia Series) to let you know direction

Having a GPS guide via our implants would be great. They already auto-translate why can't it display a path to follow?

Top Bottom