Minimum system requirement issues

+
I know. I was hoping the change would perhaps list in the dxdiag but it doesn't. Isn't there a way to change the amount of available dedicated memory in the bios? It's just a value correct? Technically i could put whatever value and it will try it's best to allocate that much but won't if it can't, right? If i couldn't try this, then i might as well try to confuse it into thinking that i do have 128 mb of dedicated memory...

I've had a couple of the problems that others are having so I thought I would just share some of the fixes that worked for me.First off, if you are having the minimum system requirements and you meet the system requirements then one thing to check is to use the device manager and look at your display adapters and make sure only your video cards show. I had installed UltraVNC which installs it's own software display adapter called the VNC Winhook and that's what The Witcher was using to bump up against on the sys requirements check. Removing that allowed me to get past that screen.Secondly, if you've had the crash where the game crashes to desktop on the Entering Vizima splash loading screen. I had this problem and it was because when I installed the game I had a bad memory DIMM in my computer. Even after I removed the DIMM, the loading screen still wouldn't finish. It was only after I reinstalled the game that I was able to get past this.Here's a link to someone who had a similar experience: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=5929.msg181065#msg181065Finally, I'm running XP but my buddy on Vista was seeing crashes all the time and everytime on fighting the first mage guy. He said he eliminated 99% of his problems by running in windowed mode. Hope that helps!THanks very much to the excellent technical support I received from Mobidoy. My opinion is that the game is pretty technically sound, most peeps just need to clean up their drivers\hardware like I did. Good luck everyone.

Thanx Flystroke.I will add this to the problems/solution sticky i have created :) Enjoy the game !!!

I'm getting the Warning! message also when I try to start the game. I've heard it's a great game, and I'd really like to play it. I believe my problem is with the processor speed, not the video card. Here is my info from DxDiag. If anyone can help me I'd be eternally grateful. ;D

From your dxdiag, i would say that your problem is in your sound card/ instalation... If i looked well, you dont have any sound acceleration enabled... Go have a look at it, if it doesn't work, look at the FAQ, follow the procedure, there are no other reason for it. Your sound device is set on Bluetooth Audio instead of your realtek chip....

Hmm... I've tried the solutions here, but none seem to work. I'm sure it's not a video card issue, but I'm at a loss as to what it could be. Atari sent us two copies to review but we haven't been able to play due to this bug. Here's the DxDiag...

PlainGames said:
Hmm... I've tried the solutions here, but none seem to work. I'm sure it's not a video card issue, but I'm at a loss as to what it could be. Atari sent us two copies to review but we haven't been able to play due to this bug. Here's the DxDiag...
Your problem is that there is not enought dedicate memory on your card... you need 128Mb.. Card name: NVIDIA GeForce Go 7200 Manufacturer: NVIDIA Chip type: GeForce Go 7200 DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_01D6&SUBSYS_30B7103C&REV_A1 Display Memory: 330 MB Dedicated Memory: 58 MBTill they change the behavior of the system check, you will have to find another computer to play on :(

hii've got problem that when i click play game from the start screen, i get an error , the system doesn't meet minimal requirements and the game shuts down. i know that the computer meets the requirements and have updated drives and i'm running XP. if any could lend a hand it would be appriciated.

I have put your post in the topic it belongs, please use the search function or read the faq before posting.Could you do a dxdiag log and attach it to your next reply please ?

duhast36 said:
[size=10pt]I[/size]'ve got problem that when [size=10pt]I[/size] click play game from the start screen, [size=10pt]I[/size] get an error , the system doesn't meet minimal requirements, and the game shuts down. [size=10pt]I[/size] know that the computer meets the requirements, and have updated drives and [size=10pt]I[/size]'m running XP. if anyONE could lend a hand, it would be apprEciated.
http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?action=search2Three pages of hits from the search.

hi Guyz!i've installed and updated Ver of DirectX 9C from FEB 2007 located on Microsoft DL center.it solved all of my problems.hope it helped you all!

Hi there.I've got the same problem than everybody here. Launched the game, saw the message, thought "bah, warnings..." and dismissed it, and then realised after a moment that the so-called "warning" was more like a fatal error. I pretty much tried in vain everything I could think of, or that I found on these forums.Funny thing is that my laptop should meet the requirements... [size=8pt](NwN2 worked fine, despite "having the same whatever system", btw)[/size]I've sent the dxdiag to zbigniew.wafflard [at] thewitcher.com as well.PS :I'd gladly tag myself as a game owner, but my gamesplanet.com cdkey is deemed invalid... Well, can't play the game anyway, so waiting for the support to send me a new one won't be a real bother. :p

oki i have looked at your dxdiag and, yup, you are meeting the requirement.... People that dont meet it is usualy a lack of dedicate memory, but you have 512mb of video memory so no probs there...I would suggest that you look at the FAQ (link in my sig) and follow the procedure to remove the proper way your display drivers and install the newest one !! Report back after

Cheers ! That was actually helpful.I knew that my drivers were outdated for some time already, but as every game was working just fine until now, and since I'm as lazy as one can get, I never bothered with unofficial drivers... [size=8pt]("If it works, leave it be" ::) )[/size]Well. I'm glad I did, the ngoHQ drivers worked like a charm. ;)

Enjoy the game... Maybe one day you will get out of Geralt world and come by to let us know you are still alive !!

hmm - game runs ok on my 18 month old Dell XPS M1710 (Core Duo T2600, 2 GB RAM, GeForce 7900 gtx 512 MB Ram).Not sure if that helps, but I thought I'd add it to the thread, for information

Bought the game today and I had the dedicated memory problem but found a solution in going out and buying a new computer... hope the games worth it and if it doesnt work when I finish installing it this time im gonna throw it out the f***in window :mad: :mad:

If u are running on XP u can still try the old NWN 2 fix trick in the windows registry.Just go to run type regedit.The registry editor will open;now go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{7FB01791-3F75-4BE0-A306-A0E9AA09ABA1}\ 0000; under that u have a binary value for HardwareInformation.MemorySize which is default 00 00 00 01.Set that to 00 00 00 08 which is the binary value for 128.Search some more there to see if u have any other binary keys with HardwareInformation.MemorySize description and uodate them the same way.Now try it.I hope it works not really tryed it with the witcher, but it worked perfectly with NWN2 which had the same requirements checker just before they released the patch for it....

Top Bottom