Minimum system requirement issues

+
woot, awesome psd122, So this is a proof that if the faqs followed carefuly, the game has alot of chances to work. The system only needs to be top shape lol !!!

I had the same....I have vaio vgn-fe41e laptop (1.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Mobile T5500, 2GB DDR2, 120GB, GeForce Go 7400)For two weeks I was trying everything to run the game on Vista -it's impossibleThen I installed XP and now I play happily without any single crash lolI recommend it to all of you vista users ,go XpIt's not true that the newest video driver is always the bestI had constant crashes using the 163.s/thThen I installed 156.55 and it's doing magicThe only problem is to find the right XP drivers for a machine that is vista supported ,destined onlyyou have to be creative and read,search,read

I've got this super fancy smancy lappy that definitely meets the system requirements. (any other game runs fine, even Oblivion and NWN 2) I've gotten the Witcher a while ago and haven't been able to get it to even START in that time. All it does is say "System requirements are not met". And then nothing. Wow.I've tried pretty much everything described as a possible solution, but alas, all has failed.It's so super weird since I can install it on my (way less powerful) pc and then it works, only the game is too heavy for my system, that runs on XP.One of my classmates and meself tried to update/reinstall the damn drivers but that just turned into a frenzy of OMG WHAT JUST HAPPENED? Hah, it was funny up to a point where it became pretty ridiculous and we couldn't reinstall the old drivers because vista had other plans, lol.I'm gonna spit through this topic when I get home, and spend my evening trying to make it work or killing something fluffy.Argh, talk about trying to drive a girl nuts. I'll wait for the 1.2 patch and prayyyy that'll fix it, I need to play this game, haha.

Could you send a Dxdiag log DemonWolfYour super machine may have some other problems you dont even know about :)

It was meant in a slightly sarcastic way ;)I'm just really happy that I have it, and that it works better than my pc.Still, it definitely meets the system requirements for the Witcher, being dualcore and really awesome and all. ;)I'll try that when I get home, maybe that'll answer some questions. I've had some weird Vista problems before and it wasn't stable for a long time, untill I formatted the sh*t out of it and threw everything back on it, all fresh and newest version-ish so it should be doing fine, other games like Oblivion and NWN 2 didn't run before I did the format and re-install, so I'm pretty bummed about that. (If I'm not making sense, slap me) If I find a solution (I highly doubt it, hah) I'll post it here, but I think for now all I can do is try the dxdiag and some other stuff and wait for the 1.2 patch.*hops off*

[me=Mobidoy]*Slaps* Demonwolf... Just for the fun of it. If you know how to do an msinfo32 log, it would be even better... I will get much more info that way. [/me]KORRIGAN, Je suis francophone, si tu as besoin de soutient en francais, je vais t'y repondre.... Mais s'il te plait, part un nouveau message.Translation: I have told Korrigan that if he needs support but in french, he just need to start a new topic and i can answer him there. I dont want to mix topics with different language !

Hello everyone - I am new to the forum and I wish to the game...that is to say I bought it yesterday and have spent a night and day trying to get it to launch. I have read and re-read all system requirements and many posts here, my computer is two weeks old and most of the specs meet or surpass the requirments. I have downloaded the latest patch and microsoft hotfix and it simply will not launch. I get a message the "game has stopped working, windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is determined". I have tried to return the game to the store I bought it from, and of course they will not refund my money. I readily admit I do not possess the skills to make or force this thing to work, I just wanted to play a game that looked so great. Thanks in advance for letting me vent, I have enjoyed reading these boards, so much help can be found here for those of us who are clueless but reallllllly just wannnnna play. God bless.

Do you now how to make dxdiag and Msinfo32 logs ?? If so, do them and send them to any of the 3 emails you see in my signature... You and i will work together to get it to work.Also, under witch OS are you ? Look at the faq just in case you haven't, the link is in my sig too

Hey ppl,I'm a friend of demonwolf's and we tried to get the witcher to work... I don't have any problems with the witcher, but demonwolf still does. It jhust will not launch. Except for the driver update what else (besides emailing support with dxdiag file) could we try/do to get the game to start? It's getting realy annoying, she bought a game wichjust will not launch, not money well spent if you know what I meen. So could any of you summerize all the possible fixes for this problem?Thx

Hi, I just got the thing today and have spent all day trying to figure out how to get it to work. I used all the troubleshooting guides and nothing.Attached is my DxDiag. I just think its annoyingly long to put it in a post. I cannot describe how frustrated and angry i am right now, not to mention also considering whether or not to just buy and xbox 360 and not have any more problems again. I had similar problems with nwn 2 but i resolved those, however seeing as this game came out i am pretty much resigned to the fact that i will have to wait at least a good few weeks before anyone does anything about it. i hate the world.Mark "I hate having a game in my hands and not being able to play it" Aujla.

your problem is with your video card Dedicated Memory: 57 MB you need 128 MB to get the game to work.... or wait till they release a patch to remove the system requirement

Right. I don't know what else to do but wait then. But while i do that i have something for you to look at and see if maybe it helps getting past the check. This was how i got passed the NWN2 spec check. Some guy came up with it. I don't know if you can do something similar. I tried, my system technically should say 128 because i still have all that info in there. Have a look at it if you can.Thanks,MarkThis is from a nwn 2 blog:Quote: This was a long time coming, and of course, had to get here in a rather roundabout way. However, for those of you who can make use of it, here it is:What it IS is a workaround for the folks with video cards that have less than or equal to 128MB VRAM. You get a popup screen that informs you that you are not going to have the greatest performance with this configuration and it gives you an "OK" button to acknowledge this information. Then when you click "OK" the screen crashes you back to the desktop-- sorry!Well this takes care of that in most cases! Please read the directions carefully and if it still doesn't work, post and read here: 128MB Error (Help game wont load pt 2) where the discussion that brought this fix to light continues.Quote: Ra ShangoGame OwnerNWN 2Joined: 07 Nov 2006Posted: Friday, 10 November 2006 09:44AM****SOLUTION****A Great mind has discovered a way to trick your PC into believing you have a 128mb video card! I have a laptop with a Radeon x300 and thanks to this tip, it now works - I never get the 128mb error!The poster couldn't post here, but here is the original post:Click HereHis name is Shinwar and he deserves ALL the credit! GO SHINWAR! Here is a quote of the fix:Quote: The developers don't help us ,so I tried to solve this problem by myself. But for some reason,I could not post topics in Support Forums. So I can only post it Here.Now ,Follow meClick Start->Run,Type Regedit to enter Registry Editor.Then Find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \\ SYSTEM \\ CurrentControlSet \\ Control \\ VideoIn this class,you can find some sub class like {C84A0178 - 28C2- 4D98-ACC1 -486446A5E108}or others.Don't Worry,Find Binary values named"HardwareInformation .MemorySize"Double click it and Mod the Value to:00 00 00 08(Means 128MB Video RAM).Do it like this!You may find some Values also named"HardwareInformation .MemorySize "Edit them all!Then Type DXDIAG in RUN,you can find your Video RAM changed to 128MB!Then: Insert the disc & Play the Game![edit: fixed broken link to original post. Also you will note some changes to spelling, formatting and structure to directions. Those I made for ease of reading to follow for our frustrated and unhappy readers who are now anxiously reading the instructions with hope.]EnjoydunniteowlDON'T THANK ME, THANK SHINWAR when he gets online, or in a forum where the CD key isn't needed. He's here somewhere reading all this._________________The true Exposition Kung Fu Master waits 'til the end of the thread-- then strikes openly, clearly and without error or un-necessary insult--Wau Wei KulEdited By dunniteowl on 11/10/06 15:45Well, I tried all of that, but my computer still hasn't detected any change. I found a second file named HardwareInformation.memorysize, but instead of a binary type file it was a "REG_DWORD." When I double click it the value 4000000 data shows up, which I suppose is an indicator for the computer to see the memory size of the sound card. But I don't know what to change it to.

I dont have that dword on my system and my HardwareInformation.MemorySize is set to 00 00 00 10. try it out.....maybe. (reboot after changes tho)Then make a dxdiag and attacj it here

Didn't work... There was no change as far as i can see. isn't there some file i can just delete to get the check out of the way?I know this is a dumb question.

Nope, there are no files that have been found yet that could be modify to stop the system check...Can you make a dxdiag log and attach it to your next reply

Your video card doesn't have enought memory... Dedicated Memory: 57 MBYou need 128Mb to pass the system requirement check !

Top Bottom