[MOD - advice needed] Replacing W3 head with W2 head

+
I found it on a reddit post I stumbled upon, and there was an imgur album attached with a bunch of eurogamer screens.

This is a teeny bit off topic but there were these here too:

So if anyone is looking at making prerelease Eredin, there are some screens. And look at that, guys! Pre-Downgrade RedEngine!

For those who are wanting to make prerelease Eredin`s helmet, here is a hint: Vanilla`s shoulder pauldron is the crown.

---------- Updated at 12:11 PM ----------

Also, VGX Ciri had this hair:

---------- Updated at 12:12 PM ----------

You can see the whole album here:

https://imgur.com/a/oySlK#znwhaqe

Last edited:
Done!

---------- Updated at 11:57 AM ----------

By the way I found a screen of the vanilla Geralt head texture on TW2`s mesh, might be wrong but those scalp textures are so W2...

This might be the VGX head on account of the round pupils.

Thank you :D
Yeah, well I suspect we can get VGX Geralt by combining the W2 mesh with W3 textures :)

Been so long since I've used vanilla Geralt that I've forgotten how terrible his bearded facial texture is.

I don't understand why they decided to give him dark hair on his 5 o clock shadow, it looks so ugly and makes absolutely no sense since all of his hair is supposed to be white, or at the very least light grey.

We must not look in Blender mesh settings, and W3Edit from Sarcen after converting to w2mesh.

ok, I had a look but can't seem to come across any major differences. Aside from the fact that my mesh has only 1 LOD/material and the original has 2 LOD/materials, the parameters seem pretty much what's in the XML files I used when cooking the mod.

I've attached 2 meshes for the ponytail: one is the original w2mesh, the other one is the modded one. if you have time to glance through it, two pair of eyes are better than one I guess.

Attachments

• mesh_comparison.zip
    114.7 KB · Views: 56

thanks :D I've tried re-cooking now but for some reason the cooking fails when I try cooking with the .w2mesh fles and .xbm ones.. Did you identify any significant differences which could impact the transparency? (I'll go through your version of the modded w2mesh and compare it to mine with W3edit in the meantime)

@cemkey, ok found this:

since I can't cook the .w2mesh directly with ModKit I'm wondering if there's a way to cook this in via the XML files..gonna try some stuff out I guess :D

Last edited:
thanks I've tried re-cooking now but for some reason the cooking fails when I try cooking with the .w2mesh fles and .xbm ones.. Did you identify any significant differences which could impact the transparency? (I'll go through your version of the modded w2mesh and compare it to mine with W3edit in the meantime)
Need enableMask. And probably the material engine \ materials \ graphs \ pbr_hair_simple.w2mg. And maybe the second CMaterialInstance. Little things are important.
since I can't cook the .w2mesh directly with ModKit I'm wondering if there's a way to cook this in via the XML files..gonna try some stuff out I guess
And why can not you?

Need enableMask. And probably the material engine \ materials \ graphs \ pbr_hair_simple.w2mg. And maybe the second CMaterialInstance. Little things are important.

And why can not you?

Ok, trying it this way around:

Modkit only builds a metadatastore file of several KB in size...don't know why the heck this is..

Top Bottom