[MOD - advice needed] Replacing W3 head with W2 head

+
If the front flying hair is a W3 bone then jsut delete any weightpaint onit...
If ist from the W2 Mesh so just select dem delete der vertecies

If the front flying hair is a W3 bone then jsut delete any weightpaint onit...
If ist from the W2 Mesh so just select dem delete der vertecies

it's this guy here (it's from the W3 mesh..the W2 mesh doesn't have it in so it needs to go OUT) :D

I tried deleting the meshes but I'll leave the meshes and remove the vertices now..see if that works ;)

Problem is they made 4 meshes for this hairstyle:
- the shaved sides: WORKS
- the head crown: WORKS
- the ponytail: WORKS
- this hairbang: don't need it & can't get rid of it :p

Have you tried making a custom texture that is blank and then making a custom path to it via the xml?

---------- Updated at 02:40 AM ----------

Wait modkit is broken, so you can't do that... (I think)

@marvelmaster: Thanks, that worked ;) @-The_Crasher- not with custom textures but tried a lot of xml and mesh hacking..

.............vertex colors can't be viewed from Blender so I don't know how the hell to edit the color to make it a tad more grey..might leave it as-is

EDIT: although they seem to change color with the light more than the skin...it looks a lot more grey here:

BUT it doesn't match the color tone of the beards....

Last edited:
I can edit some textures. And I'll try to make an alpha channel for them; but tomorrow, since it's 4:00am where I'm at. :)

By the way, I did a retexture of the Kaer Morhen armour to make it more E3 2013-ish, here it is if anyone is interested:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/be8nesu3x38poet/2013 tex.rar?dl=0

managed to find the "Vertex Paint" mode in Blender :p so I can paint over the meshes...made them a tad darker but still doesn't match the beards..

It's all trial & error at this stage I guess.. I'll try some more stuff once I get some time..off to work now. Cheers!

..managed to have another go at this hairstyle and I think it's now blending in fine with the beards. I've adjusted the hairstyle tone to work with the Grey beads mod here http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1379/? so it might look odd with the vanilla ones but that's that :

...and this is where I think I'll leave this mod for a while. It's been one intense week, learned a lot so @marvelmaster @-The_Crasher- @cemkey @amfibyia89 THANK YOU for all the assistance and advice.

Last edited:
@-The_Crasher-
Thanks for sharing the armor. Doesn't seem to work for me though. Does this retexture the Hearts of Stone Viper armor or the starting armor from the base game?

It's a retexture of the kaer morhen armour, but the maker of The Legendary Viper made a mod which makes both armours use the same textures.

---------- Updated at 11:19 AM ----------

I made an the diffuse hair texture have an alpha channel, so the hair will be less blocky:

Top Bottom