[MOD - advice needed] Replacing W3 head with W2 head

+

If you guys could manage to import this hairstyle it would be awesome!
:pride:

..just tried uncooking the .w2mesh file for the vanilla W3 hairstyle to see how the W2 rivian ponytail can be split up to match the style...needless to say, the FBX format for 1.31 can't be read by Blender (it crashes the program) and neither by Visual Studio (necessary to convert to a .DAE format).. :|

EDIT: using older ModKit and 1.22 uncooked game files to extract .w2mesh files works and cooking with ModKit 1.2 for custom material and textures support...darn it CDPR!

Last edited:
Concrats man :) This looks awesome. This beard fits too beautiful with that Witcher 2 face. So charismatic. Is that beard style is mod or is it from DLC?

And @fereno is right.

Same hairstyle looks horrible in witcher 3. Reminds me some old long haird musicians with Guitar :D

The beardstyle is just the vanilla "setbeard(0,4)" style but with the Grey Hair and beard mod I keep referencing (Holgar's)

yeap, it kinda did but honestly I personally don't mind waited a long while to see W2 Geralt in-game so having been able to come so far is ..i don't have words for this ... i simply HATE how vanilla Geralt looks in W3

All we now need is grimy/dark lighting mod now :D Atleast I need it.

I noticed that when using the "Hairworks on everything except Geralt" mod some hairworks hairstrands are still visible in addition to the non hairworks-hair. So i was wondering if it would be possible to attach the hairworks-ponytail (only the tail) to the rest of your ponytail-hairstyle somehow.

I noticed that when using the "Hairworks on everything except Geralt" mod some hairworks hairstrands are still visible in addition to the non hairworks-hair. So i was wondering if it would be possible to attach the hairworks-ponytail (only the tail) to the rest of your ponytail-hairstyle somehow.

nope :D can't do anything about hairworks

Have they fixed the texture transparency issue?

I'm away from my main pc, so I can't find out for myself to at the moment.

Have they fixed the texture transparency issue?

I'm away from my main pc, so I can't find out for myself to at the moment.

I don't know honestly..custom materials seem to be fixed so i guess transparent textures should be too..they were on the top of the whislist

---------- Updated at 04:12 PM ----------

@Mezziaz: looking better ? :)

Last edited:
Looks great! Just one question - are these hairstyle "compatible" with vanilla Geralt W3 head?

Clipping's still an issuee though but yeah..it is what it is..

RE W3 vanilla Geralt: should be but I'm not sure if they line up good :p Try them out and post a picture or two will you? ;) file's up on the Nexus

Top Bottom