[MOD] Familiar Music Replacement (Alpha/Pilot/WIP etc.)

+
[MOD] Familiar Music Replacement (Alpha/Pilot/WIP etc.)

Lazylink to Nexus page for download

This mod was created with the tools created by and with help from user @Yog-Sothoth88. This mod would not had been possible without him, he really deserves all the credit.

What does the mod do?
It replaces music in the game with tunes from Witcher 1 and Witcher 2. So far only three songs have been added/replaced, more to come of course!

Future Plans
To replace combat and night time music with TW1/TW2 themes as well

Knows Issues
Since much of the music in the Witcher 3 is layered, meaning some of the tunes is split into multiple music files that are playing at the same time, simply replacing the main sound creates some oddities. I either need to locate the other minor sounds that are playing and silence them or simply find a better more suitable song to replace that isn't as layered.

Open for suggestions!
If you feel a certain song should be added, please do not hesitate to say so and also what original song should be replaced by it. If you are not happy with the current replacements and think the current songs added by this mod are better suited elsewhere in the game, please let me know as well and I will consider your suggestion. If you know the ID of the .wem file you want replaced, even better! (Listening trough them all to find the precise tune you are looking for is really the biggest headache, even though the "soundbanksinfo.xml" gives some hints.)

I hope you will like it, just keep in mind it's a bit rough in it's current state. Just wanted to upload it now as I will be very busy the coming week.

Patch notes.

Version 0.10
Added an optional file containing TW1 Kaer Morhen replacement

Version 0.11
Added "A Tavern of Riverbank" from The Witcher 2, uploaded optional file without Oxenfurt replacement.

Version 0.20
Added the TW1 Vizima Castle theme
Added three more tavern replacements
Added a new main file containing only the tavern replacements

Version 0.30
Added "An Army Lying in Wait" from The Witcher 2
Added "Watering hole in the Harbour" from The Witcher 2 as a tavern theme
Fixed most major issues where songs would play on top of eachother
Fixed so that added songs will now longer stop too early

Version 0.33
Added the combat themes "Howl of the White Wolf", "Last Battle" and "Bounty Hunters"

Version 0.40
Added "The Dike" from the original Witcher
Added "Vergen by Night" from the Witcher 2
Added "Road to Vizima" from the original Witcher
Added "Path of the Kingslayer" from the Witcher 2 as a combat theme
Added a file without any combat recplaments

Version 0.50
Added "Dead City" from the original Witcher
Added "The Riverlands" from the original Witcher
Added "An Ominus Place" from the original Witcher
Added "The Order" from the original Witcher
Added "The Wild Hunt" from The Witcher 2 as a combat theme
Added "Liberating the Prison Barge" from the Witcher 2 as a combat theme
Added "Believe" from the original Witcher as a credits theme

Version 0.60
Added "Blue Mountains" from the Witcher 2
Added "Dwarven Stone by Dwarven Stone" from the Witcher 2
Added "Lakeside" from the original Witcher
Added "Crypt" from the original Witcher
Added "The Hunt for the Cockatrice" from the original Witcher
Added "Ambush" as a combat theme from the orignal Witcher
Added "Rescuing Shani" as a combat theme from the original Witcher

Version 0.70
Added "Dusk of a Northern Kingdom" from the original Witcher (edited version by Ultimate Immersion)
Added "Conspiracies Within Vizima" from the original Witcher
Added "Swamp" from the original Witcher
Added "Ghouls" from the original Witcher as a combat theme
Added "Kayran" from the Witcher 2 as a combat theme

Last edited:
That's awesome.

Regarding your future plans. Do you know if it's possible to give each tavern a unique theme/song? Same question regarding Gwent. Does it have to be always the same music or is it possible to vary it depending who we play or where we play? (I guess it should be possible as the gwent music in Toussaint differs from the rest of the game)

As for personel wish:

I would love to hear the song "Aen Seidhe" more often than the 3mins we hear it in the 100+ hours of Witcher 3.. I'm pretty sure this song is only played in the last room of the cave in which we find the sunstone. There are similar versions of that song being used in elven caves, but without the vocals.
Would be great if you could replace the music played in Beauclair (city) or maybe the vineyard if it has unique music (can't remember if that's the case) If it's not too much work of course as it is a very specific wish.

Regarding your future plans. Do you know if it's possible to give each tavern a unique theme/song? Same question regarding Gwent.

It seems most taverns are looping the gwent soundtrack. Though Dandelion's cabaret seems to be always playing the same tune so I'm looking into replacing it with this.

I'm looking into replacing it with this.

Can you also make version with this music in taverns?

Well I'm stupid am I not?

Sorry :D

---------- Updated at 08:37 PM ----------

Also, the Flotsam music could be played in White Orchard? Would be nice especially from the start.

Slowly riding your horse and listening to this.

Though I wanna put this in somewhere (but not sure what should be replaced)
I also envision it somewhere in skellige, myb in an skellige (top right island)

but given the name, it could also be used in the battle of KM i think

also, I *cough* "demand" *cough* Last Battle from W1

also, a tutorial video could be helpful

Ah, what a confusing song same... since it's one of the first combat themes in the game. xP

Nilfgaard camps in south-east Velen?

[video=youtube;sVI-DRMZW_8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVI-DRMZW_8[/video]

---------- Updated at 06:37 PM ----------

Faroe Isle theme:

[video=youtube;wLH68g-ySaA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLH68g-ySaA[/video]

Top Bottom