[Mod Request] Process Herbs

+
[Mod Request] Process Herbs

I wonder if it's possible to give unused alchemy herbs/items purpose instead of being sold to merchants, somewhat like a reverse dismantle system.
As you progress in the game, you end up stockpiling common herbs, since all you need to refill all bombs and potions is Alcohest or similar alcohols.

My initial thought is something could happen when you Drop a certain amount of a herb, like they could be processed into different alchemy items.

A few White Myrtle Petals example drops:
1 for 1 Dog Tallow.
2 for 1 Celandine.
4 for 1 Water Essence.
8 for 2 Lesser Red Mutagen.

The resulting items here are just poor examples; I bet much smarter rules for processing can be set up that make more sense within the Witcher lore.
The first Witcher games categorized alchemy items by their base ingredients (aether, vitriol, etc) so perhaps this can help determine the drop system.

It starts from the bottom, giving you as many of that resulting item as it can, then repeats for the level above, until all White Myrtle Petals are dropped.
A benefit of doubling up with 1,2,4,8,16,etc. is you can for instance drop 7 White Myrtle Petals, for one of each resulting item(s) above it, in one drop.
Since nothing unique results for 16 in example, when dropping 17 the player would in this case receive 2x 2 Lesser Red Mutagen + 1x 1 Dog Tallow.

Anyways, just a thought; hooking into the item Drop seems the simplest mod solution if possible, requiring pretty much no UI tweaks.
Perhaps a few tutorial pages or book items could list some of those processing results, with the rest left open for players to discover.

Last edited:
There is a mod called Preparations(?) which requires you to have herbs in order to refill your potions, bombs etc. So there you go for stockpiling herbs, wont happen with this mod :D

Top Bottom