[MOD] Super Turbo Lighting Mod

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
last one ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Looks great. I also prefer the DOF instead of seeing the horrendous low-res textures in the background of the vanilla game. Plus it was heavily present in the Sword of Destiny trailer as well, so I think that essenthy is on the right track to getting the game closer to that point of reference. Thanks again for all the hard work! :cheers3:

Looks phenomenal, but what about the white orchard area, it's been modified or not ?

Last edited:
Looks very good but it is way oversaturated and kinda blurry.

True. But pay attention that everything behind the river is blurry. It's just doesn't seem normal.

Actually the distance blur effect from VGX trailer was my favorite. And this blur reminds me that. Everything in that screens looks amazing. But there is 1 last thing really missing in every STLM 2 screen. The bright light which we see in 35 min demo. I do not think this is something we can do with saturation. It looks like @essenthy need to tweak lighting in engine. But overall perfect job.

Does the dof can be disabled manually by us somewhere? If so that would fix the problem some people have with it. Great work anyway ! Can't wait to play with it !

Actually the distance blur effect from VGX trailer was my favorite. And this blur reminds me that. Everything in that screens looks amazing. But there is 1 last thing really missing in every STLM 2 screen. The bright light which we see in 35 min demo. I do not think this is something we can do with saturation. It looks like @essenthy need to tweak lighting in engine. But overall perfect job.

that " bright light screen " image quality cant be achieved with colors, i found out how to do that, but i couldn't implement it fully

basically the higher light power is, the brighter the image is , but there are many ways to increase it, its not just one source, so its very complicated , there are variable that are inter connected, meaning in Redkit for W3, if they increase something that has variable dependencies, they will also increase automatically and with a proper precise scaling

and thats something really hard, and i would say pretty much impossible to do with hands editing numbers, maybe if i had a proper knowledge about how those variable work i could do it

also you cant just increase light power for free turning up numbers, because everything that has any kind of brightness will get brighter and start to bloom, for example geralt face will become extremely exposed and pretty much white ( same for the sky, sun ect .. ) to the point where the image will become just plain white

so if you increase light power, you have to reduce exposure of every single object that has any kind of bright point that react to light, be it a texture or anythings else, wich is obviously impossible to do by hand, so what i did is i increase light power until a certain point where white stuff start to get over exposed and shine, wich mean you'll see some stuff being over exposed, and being too white, but thats the sacrifice to get a decent bright image

but i made sure that it dosnt happen in cut scene, thats the most important thing

also at this point am wondering if that 37mn demo wasnt color corrected after being captured, its extremely easy to get that same tone in sony vegas for example with color and tone correction, but in game its another story

you can also notice how the UI is very desaturated at some point, and well UI is not something that is affected by in game color mapping, unless you do some full screen post processing

---------- Updated at 11:25 AM ----------

Does the dof can be disabled manually by us somewhere? If so that would fix the problem some people have with it. Great work anyway ! Can't wait to play with it !

yes you can just disable dof in game, i only increased dof for skellige and kaer morhen, rest of the zones have defaut dof

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply essenthy. Well I guess nobody can complaint about the mod that's certain now^^ Be sure to allow us to make some donation when you release your mod ! You deserve it!

I can't understand why Projekts didn't leave top lightning for super mega powerful systems or even for future
Because it is a renderer thing. Not an option you can enable or disable. To have the lighting of the 35min demo you need a different rendering engine-method.
They completely changed the renderer since they had no other choice. And we don't know if some day it will be reintroduced.

Now stay on topic, no need to derail the thread and no need for console bashing because these kind of posts get removed very fast.

Its very good, Projekt is definitely hiding the full graphical potential of this game.

I'm not sure even they realized how powerfull that new engine really is while developping TW3, just too many new cool stuff to play with and a deadline to keep, i guess we will see the full extend of his capabilities in cyberpunk :)

In the meantime, thank you @essenthy for doing that, just killed the first ghouls, save ready :)

Seeing how oversaturated all the green is now, im think just gonna stick with the old version STLM that i found somewhere for v1.10 and is working even with 1.11 for me. Well, i am gonna try the new version out anyway so we'll see. THX essenthy

Seeing how oversaturated all the green is now, im think just gonna stick with the old version STLM that i found somewhere for v1.10 and is working even with 1.11 for me. Well, i am gonna try the new version out anyway so we'll see. THX essenthy
I agree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom