[mod] The Well Stacked Mod

+
[mod] The Well Stacked Mod

Download Link: http://rapidshare.com/files/112899178/wellstackedmod.rar.htmlBefore anyone says, yes this a little bit of a cheat, but it's good for those who suffer inventory management issues, like myself...The Read Me:The Well Stacked ModCreator: DarmothE-mail: RiverRat85@comcast.netDescription:I got tired of running out of inventory room... so I created a little mod that increased the stack size of most stackable items to 999.Included are:potionsOilsBombsDrinksFoodIngredients (Alchemical)Ingredients (Valuable, IE Wolf Pelts, Basilisk Hide, ect)Misc items such as flint and Salamander broachesScrolls and BooksInstallation:Extract baseitems.2da to your \The Witcher\Data\Override folder. If you do not yet have an override folder, create one. Uninstalling is as simple as deleting baseitems.2da from your override folder.Testing:I have tested this mod throughout most of the game and have found no problems with it so far. Please post in the [RELEASE] thread or email me if you have problems. I believe I worked out any crashing that may have occured when following the original author's instructions as to how to make such a mod.Compatibility:This should work fine with anything EXCEPT other mods that alter the baseitems.2da file.Credits:UnBIF Tool http://csimbi.googlepages.com/unbiftonnir01 from the Witcher forums, for telling me about the fileAnd finally the author of the original mod, or rather the 'how to' document on witcher.wikia.comDisclaimer:If you wish to use this mod in another, please contact me first.History:v1.0 (5/5/08) Initial release.

Good mod. :)On a similar theme, has anyone looked at the possibility of being able to use the innkeeper's inventary, as your own?I hated not being able to pick up all the weapons to sell them.

Zues said:
Good mod. :)On a similar theme, has anyone looked at the possibility of being able to use the innkeeper's inventary, as your own?I hated not being able to pick up all the weapons to sell them.
Don't know... That's a little above my head right now.You might, be able to change the stack size on weapon from 1 to another number. But I haven't tried that, as I don't know if weapons would really stack since they are always equipped. Not sure about the stability either. The original .2da changes also altered 'ammunition' for the various archers/crossbow men and creatures with a ranged attack... this in turned may have been responsible for crashing when the archespore fired a 'thorn' at you.

Corylea said:
I just tried this today, and it works great -- thanks for making it!
Yay! I'm always glad to know someone enjoys my little tinkering. :DI may play around with a few other variables and see if I can do anything else.

Tierce said:
Probably the most useful mod I've used so far. Way to go.
Thank you much. Glad you enjoy it. 8)After reaching chapter V last night, I discovered this feels even more useful, given the limited access to the stash.

MadZookeeper said:
Any way to stack those rings?
I've tried... I've got some mixed results. Oddly they seem to stack when they're equipped for me. But don't seem to in just the inventory. Seems to work that way with talismans too.

I posted else where too... Sorry for my slow reply. You need to change the numbers under the "stacking" column. You'll want to make sure that word wrapping is off, otherwise it may be a littler hard to tell what you're changing. Although I've been told you can use Excel to open the file, I just used note pad.

Using your mod and loving it so far. Its mainly for carrying more ingredients, which is great.One question though, and this is somewhat OT, is there a difference between placing your file in data\override as opposed to data\_2da00 ?

Hm, maybe the game reads the data folder and so it never minds where you place it???This mod is a replacer and you should place there the texture in the Data folder instead of data/textures:http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=15546.0Well this is a good mod. ;DThe 2da files are looking like files of Black & White 2. I have set there the army limit very high.^^Is it possible ot enable also Depht of Field for the game because you see it only by dialoges right? Or is this by the FX files?

Slightly off topic, but important:There are reports that using this mod with the EE will cause technical problems and break the plot. It would be advisable not to use it until the OP releases a compatible version.

ST_Ghost is right, as always...this mod will mess up the EE. It doesn't seem to know how to differentiate between the main inventory and the alchemy bag and stuff winds up all over the place, usually where you can't use it, and quest items vanish. I have no idea why this would happen---maybe CDP changed the labels on things?--but it does cause problems.I used this mod all the time and would love to have it back. Is there anyone out there who wants to update it for the EE?

I really enjoyed using this mod during the unenhanced game I played through. Now that the EE is out, would love to play it again and would REALLY LOVE to have this mod once more!!

saidean said:
I really enjoyed using this mod during the unenhanced game I played through. Now that the EE is out, would love to play it again and would REALLY LOVE to have this mod once more!!
Count me as voting yes on this .. its one of the best mods IMO

Top Bottom