[MOD WIP] Extended View Distance (Less Fog)

+
Ambient occlusion is great. Can you make version with ONLY AO but without fog removal in all zones - just as it in vanilla version ? Just like you did for Toussaint.

Sure I can do that. I'll work on it soon.

---------- Updated at 12:59 AM ----------

Added a version with vanilla lighting and fog with AO modifications to nexus. Use with any of my Toussaint AO mods if you want an almost vanilla experience everywhere.

Firstly, thank you very much for this mod.

Made wanna play the entire game again (again ;-).

I would like to request a version without the AO changes and just the fog reduction, so pre 1.11 basically, as good as it looks, think it's having an affect on my FPS.

Thanks

Firstly, thank you very much for this mod.

Made wanna play the entire game again (again ;-).

I would like to request a version without the AO changes and just the fog reduction, so pre 1.11 basically, as good as it looks, think it's having an affect on my FPS.

Thanks

Added a version without the AO changes. Also added a version with less blue Fog in Toussaint.

Hey, I asked this on the Nexus page but I fear you may have missed it under the very long discussion threads above it that happened around the same time.

I'm just seeking clarification on the Toussaint AO files. Script Merger is showing a conflict between modAmbientOcclusionToussant* and the main mod. Is this anything to be concerned about?

Because your description (both the main long description and the file description) does NOT say that the main mod adds AO to Toussaint, which is why I thought I should download both the main mod and a Toussaint mod of my choosing. The description for the main file says, "Added foliage ambient occlusion in Velen/Novigrad, Skellige, Kaer Morhen, and White Orchard." Toussaint is not mentioned. So, is the description mistaken and the main file DOES include AO changes to Toussaint? If the description is correct and AO is not included in Toussaint with the main mod then why is Script Merger showing a conflict?

Thanks!

If you're using modExtendedViewDistanceAsmo (edits some Toussaint envs to change character lighting), then that's normal. Just make sure to use modAOToussaintAsmo if you want the character lighting changes with AO. modAOToussaintAsmo gets a higher priority and overrides modExtendedViewDistanceAsmo Toussaint envs.

Sorry if this is getting confusing. This mod has gotten way bigger than I imagined and now have like 10+ versions, so it's getting harder to manage lol.

Made the water brighter, more reflective on the request of several people. I think it looks much better now.

Before:

After:

after the update 1.30 the game is stuck loading with modExtendedViewDistanceAlt, and modExtendedViewDistanceAsmoAlt, no other mods installed

solved, it seems a problem with save game files

Last edited:
I really enjoy this mod, but the one thing that I do not like about it is the changes made to water. A higher reflective quality to the water, I wouldn't mind that, take it or leave it, but the whiter water is something that breaks my immersion. It happens when you tilt the camera down far enough until Screen Space Reflections are no longer there. It's especially annoying in areas like White Orchard where water looks completely different depending on whether Screen Space Reflections are there or not.

If wonder if that could be easily changed. Probably not? But if so, please release a version of it that does have vanilla water.
But I can't be the only one who really enjoys the mod but dislikes that one feature.

I'd like to make a REQUEST.

Could someone maybe modify this mod so the water is reverted back to vanilla? This increases reflective properties of water, and makes water "whiter", which makes it look completely out of place and - dare I say - kind of bad when you tilt the camera down and screen space reflections cease.

The version of the mod I'd like to have changed is "modExtendedViewDistanceNonAO". The regular version, "modExtendedViewDistance", would also profit from having its water reverted back to vanilla.

If this gets no replies, I might just post a thread dedicated to this request. I know I'm not the only one who wants this.

I just uncooked this mod with quickbms, and I opened some files with modeditor.

Could someone please tell me what one needs to modify if I want to change the water back to vanilla?
It looks like every single location in the game has its own env file, which seem to govern all the possible values inside those environments.
There is a sub-collumn for water inside each file, and inside that are several subsubcollumns for different water parameters.

My guess is that I'd first need to find out what exact values I need, and for what, and then I'd probably have to edit them for every single .env file inside the mod. Am I right?

Last edited:
You could rename the current env files with 'BACKUP'. EX: env_skellige_brown.env to env_skellige_brownBACKUP.env. Then import the vanilla env and copy the m_water variable to the backup env. Do this for all the envs, then delete the vanilla files and rename the backups back to the original. Cook and install.

I can't seem to find some files. For example, in the folder "prologue" folder of the vanilla game, I can only find env_prolog_colors_cinematic_tonemapping, but not env_prolog_colors_v1_b_sunset.

I edited env_prolog_colors_cinematic_tonemapping so far, but there's values things that are not in the vanilla file. For example, under m_water, there's no "+" sign for underWaterFogIntensity. Your mod however does have such a category. There's also values some categories where the mod has more subcategories (such as for example 0,1,2,3,4 instead of just 0,1). I only changed what I could compare, and then saved.

I hope this is accurate and will work. I have no idea where to get the "missing" env files from though.

There are actually a lot of env files I can't find. I hope I didn't make any mistakes while uncooking. I used quickbms with the included script file from Nexus, and I just selected the "content" folder of the base game (by navigating to TW3 directory and then typing "content"). I thought that should uncook everything.

Last edited:
Just right click and copy the m_water variable. Copying each individual parameter inside the m_water variable would take too much time. Not sure why you aren't finding some env files. They should all be there.

Thank god you told me that. LMAO I would've literally copied every single value by hand!

I must've made a mistake somewhere. However I don't know how else I am supposed to uncook the game. Maybe I'm using the wrong "script file" included with it? It's from Nexus.

Top Bottom