[MODS] A small collection of personal mods

+

Guest 3841499

Hasn't Asmo's WorldEnv been integrated into Extended View Distance mod? I also assume that GeraltLOD mod is designed only for Vanilla Geralt model...

Guest 3841499

Geralt LOD and Signs is still a very useful mod, but I wish someone could teach me or just separate the Signs part. Could someone let me know if Geralt LOD mod's LOD's apply ONLY to vanilla Geralt model? Is there a way to somehow prioritize/de-prioritize Geralt models mods (like Lore-Friendly Witcher or personal favorite - The Butcher of Blaviken) and make this mod load thoe custom models' LOD's instead of vanilla ones???

Guest 3841499

Are there actual working links to updated versions of this mod author? All the links lead to the same exact thread and the only available download is old_mods. Then he mentions heavily updated versions, but where are they?

Guest 3841499

Some of these mods were made in 2015... The game went through several updates afterwards. Do you think it is wise to use mods made for pre-B&W versions of the game, dating back to 2015? Is there a list of files that were replaced/changed? Particle FX and FX are the ones I am interested in, but unsure if I should use the modded ones from 2015...

MonarchX it shouldnt matter. I am using multiple mods made for game version 1.08 on my game version 1.22. Even have some of the xml data files from blob.bundle files that are from 1.08 in my 1.22 game. Its mainly script files and textures that get patched or fixed for the new updates of the game.

Guest 3841499

I wish I knew for sure because something causes me to have CTD's in Toussaint and I figured that maybe its files from this mod... I went through the rest of the game without a single crash with identical settings and mods. I mean literally 0 crashes, but Toussaint crashes every few hours, sometimes more often, sometimes less. It's still quite playable, but I have no idea what causes those crashes. Its something specific to Toussaint, the way it was optimized.

I also don't think Increased Draw Distance works all that well in Toussaint, if at all, especially for NPC's because they pop-up 20 feet in front of Geralt... Toussaint barely has any light sources that can cast shadows. It seems as if they downgraded it big-time for the sake of extended VIEW distance and grass. Not having shadows is just so lame... DJ Kovrik tried every way possible, but nothing worked.

That guy who created the FRC3 or FCR3 mod, the game designer, told me that there is a way to enable shadows through script. "There's a SetCastingShadows function in scripts which allows to enable shadow casting for components with meshes" . Where do I even look for that? In what scripts?

Top Bottom