More variety by matchmaking change

+
So I already suggested filters for 1 or 2 factions, but this is a different idea. I have just played 5 straight games against monsters, I find it boring. Instead how about a change to the algorithm that seeks rotation. I.e if you play against monsters you cannot play them again for 3 games. Same with the other factions. The worst part is my favorite decks are weak against monsters so I either cannot play ranked or play my favorite decks. This needs to get fixed.

rrc

Forum veteran
IMHO, it should not be done. In higher ranks, probably only one or two factions are played the most, for example, may be MO and SK currently. So, if you shouldn't be matched against the same factions for 3 games, the MM time would get incredibly unacceptably long.

M3e0w

Forum regular
So, if you shouldn't be matched against the same factions for 3 games, the MM time would get incredibly unacceptably long.

The 3 turns thing is unimplementable nonesense, sonce you would, after the 1st 3 games, always know you can only face one of 2 different factions.

But anyway filters for factions 🤔, sounds like a terrible idea, but the people that would mostly suffer from it would be the ones playing the OP faction xD.
It's still a terrible idea, but I can't help but think it would be just in some way to see the Eredin fanboy club suffer 😈😈.

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
The 3 turns thing is unimplementable nonesense, sonce you would, after the 1st 3 games, always know you can only face one of 2 different factions.

But anyway filters for factions 🤔, sounds like a terrible idea, but the people that would mostly suffer from it would be the ones playing the OP faction xD.
It's still a terrible idea, but I can't help but think it would be just in some way to see the Eredin fanboy club suffer 😈😈.

I hear you. It is also worth noting that the player base seems a lot smaller compared to how it was after mid Winter update. I can tell by the leader board (and my rank,) that the base has shrunk.

At the same time I have to ask, don't you ever crave more variety. I have 2 fantastic anti monster decks. I play them and win between 60-70 percent of the time against them. The problem, is that it gets repetitive. To fix this I mix it up. Just today I made a NG deck that is really fun to play. It is great against NR and SK, decent against ST and weak to monsters. So when I play ranked and get 5 monsters in a row, it is fusterating. Not to mention, the decks are almost always the same. Part of this will get fixed with new cards and factions, but that isn't enough by itself. Even if it was just a game skip (i.e you play monsters so now you play anything else,) it would add a little variety.

I do agree match making could be a problem. One fix for this is to give greater rewards to players who play multifaction. Reduce MMR awards for playing the same faction more than x times per day. I know this is hard on new players, so make it apply only to ranks 1-10. Just a thought.

I hear you. It is also worth noting that the player base seems a lot smaller compared to how it was after mid Winter update. I can tell by the leader board (and my rank,) that the base has shrunk.

At the same time I have to ask, don't you ever crave more variety. I have 2 fantastic anti monster decks. I play them and win between 60-70 percent of the time against them. The problem, is that it gets repetitive. To fix this I mix it up. Just today I made a NG deck that is really fun to play. It is great against NR and SK, decent against ST and weak to monsters. So when I play ranked and get 5 monsters in a row, it is fusterating. Not to mention, the decks are almost always the same. Part of this will get fixed with new cards and factions, but that isn't enough by itself. Even if it was just a game skip (i.e you play monsters so now you play anything else,) it would add a little variety.

I do agree match making could be a problem. One fix for this is to give greater rewards to players who play multifaction. Reduce MMR awards for playing the same faction more than x times per day. I know this is hard on new players, so make it apply only to ranks 1-10. Just a thought.

I always thought it could make sense to "accept" the match before it begins. I hate the fact you often seem to draw the deck your hand doesn't work against.

Top Bottom