Mouse stutter

+
Mouse stutter

So I had a rat 7 gaming mouse for months and ran witcher 3 just fine. Started having issues with it so I've been using a cheap HP mouse for a few months and it worked just fine. I finally got a new gaming mouse, the Logitech G502. It works fine in every game .....except Witcher 3. Even from the main menu every time I try to move the mouse the whole thing stutters. I can get the cursor over to whatever option I need to select but the stutter is horrible. Same thing occurs in game. I've tried all the DPI settings on the mouse and it has no impact.
Any ideas?

I have been playing with PS4 DualShock 4 controller and I love it. I just couldn't get used to the mouse/keyboard interface for this game. Here's the article that gave me all the information I needed to know for running this controller on PC. It's super easy to set up and it has been 100% trouble free for me.

Isn't there an option in the option menu for hardware cursor? Maybe this is causing issues for you? I just use an Xbox One Controller for The Withcer 3, it is the easiest alternative for a plug & play gamepad on the Windows platform, but I have the same G502 mouse and I just tested if I got the same stutters but I didn't. Make sure that there isn't something else plugged in that may be recognized by the game, like a joystick or a racing wheel etc. Next would be to try a different USB port, preferably a port directly to the motherboard. For reference mine is plugged into a USB 2.0 port behind the computer. You could also try to update the mouse firmware and/or USB driver. I think mine is updated, but I don't use the Logitech Gaming Software because it had issues with my keyboard.

Thanks for your response.
I just got the mouse yesterday.....hadn't played Witcher 3 in a couple of weeks. I just recalled that I updated my AMD drivers yesterday and hadn't tried the new mouse with the old drivers for my 390x's. That might be the problem.
Nothing else was plugged in and I tried a few different USB 2.0 and 3.0 port on the board and had the same problem.
Will trouble shoot later today.

If all else fails, just remove any 3rd-party drivers for the mouse. It should run perfectly fine as plug-and-play. You won't lose any sensitivity, just macros or special customization functions for some of the buttons.

Top Bottom