Movies / TV Shows!

+
Well this is happening.... Looks like it could actually be fun. :)

I had the exact same reaction reading about it the other day, first wondering och whats the point... then I saw the cast. Looking forward to it now.

@web-head91; Aye, it was a good day they decided to bring Jason back, I'm naturally expecting another trilogy of frantic betrayal, interspersed with new & unexpected methods to kill annoying people with whatever normally harmless everyday object happens to be at hand. ;)

I guess Shane 'Hawkins' Black directing this allows for a tiny wee little bit of hope that this could actually turn into a proper continuation from where the classic first one and to an extent, the second one left off.

---------- Updated at 02:58 PM ----------

On that note - for anyone not aware, the real ending to Predator 2:

I saw Deadpool today and it was actually really good. I was hoping it would be funny, since I've been looking forward to it since it was announced, but I was also trying to lower my expectations so I wouldn't be disappointed. But it surprised me and turned out to be a really fun film.

I'm looking forward to Deadpool 2. I hope there's Wolverine in it :')

I saw Deadpool today and it was actually really good. I was hoping it would be funny, since I've been looking forward to it since it was announced, but I was also trying to lower my expectations so I wouldn't be disappointed. But it surprised me and turned out to be a really fun film.

I'm looking forward to Deadpool 2. I hope there's Wolverine in it :')

Dammit! My local cinema is currently undergoing renovations, so I'll probably have to wait for it to come out on Blu-Ray.

Dammit! My local cinema is currently undergoing renovations, so I'll probably have to wait for it to come out on Blu-Ray.

Oh that sucks! Buuut at least it means you'll have less time to wait between Deadpool 1 and 2? :p Assuming they are going to make a second one, which I'm guessing they will.

Oh that sucks! Buuut at least it means you'll have less time to wait between Deadpool 1 and 2? :p Assuming they are going to make a second one, which I'm guessing they will.

Well Deadpool should be out on Blu-Ray around April or May I'd estimate. Deadpool 2 (if it gets made) will probably be out next year I'd say.

Well Deadpool should be out on Blu-Ray around April or May I'd estimate. Deadpool 2 (if it gets made) will probably be out next year I'd say.

Those few months can still make a difference :p

When I went to see Deadpool I also saw a trailer for the Shannara Chronicles. Weirdly I'd already watched the first episode today, and thought it was a okay, but too full of fantasy cliches for me. But the movie trailer made it look better.... maybe I'll give it another go, but it just seemed a bit... bland.

Those few months can still make a difference :p

When I went to see Deadpool I also saw a trailer for the Shannara Chronicles. Weirdly I'd already watched the first episode today, and thought it was a okay, but too full of fantasy cliches for me. But the movie trailer made it look better.... maybe I'll give it another go, but it just seemed a bit... bland.

Yeah I've seen a couple of trailers for that as well and it looks a bit bland to me too. I think it will probably get a couple of seasons then go the way of Defiance which is unfortunate as we don't have any really good fantasy shows on TV anymore.

Yeah I've seen a couple of trailers for that as well and it looks a bit bland to me as well. I think it will probably get a couple of seasons then go the way of Defiance which is unfortunate as we don't have any really good fantasy shows on TV anymore.

Who knows. It's on MTV so if it's anything like Teen Wolf it will be dragged out until it's dying.

Yeah I agree at the lack of good fantasy shows. I think the problem is that a lot of the good fantasy stories either don't translate well to TV so making them would be difficult, or the TV show makers don't want to take risks on shows that go outside the box, so it just means we're stuck with more of the same old crap. (Ironically what happened with Deadpool until somebody leaked a clip of the movie and people went nuts over it so the damn thing finally got made)

Who knows. It's on MTV so if it's anything like Teen Wolf it will be dragged out until it's dying.

Yeah I agree at the lack of good fantasy shows. I think the problem is that a lot of the good fantasy stories either don't translate well to TV so making them would be difficult, or the TV show makers don't want to take risks on shows that go outside the box, so it just means we're stuck with more of the same old crap. (Ironically what happened with Deadpool until somebody leaked a clip of the movie and people went nuts over it so the damn thing finally got made)

Yeah, all you see is just the constant re-hashing of old ideas and TV companies don't seem to understand that once you use an idea and do it really well, you can't use that idea again as everyone has already seen it before.

Yeah, all you see is just the constant re-hashing of old ideas and TV companies don't seem to understand that once you use an idea and do it really well, you can't use that idea again as everyone has already seen it before.

Very true. It's why whenever I see a story that is heavily inspired by Tolkein I'm like.... I might as well be watching Lord of the Rings instead of this bad copy. I've read so many fantastic fantasy books that would make wonderful TV shows, and yet we're still getting stuff like the Warcraft movie, the Shannara Chronicles TV show and the Shadowhunters TV show (none of which seem to be doing anything particularly new) and the Shadowhunters show only got made because the movie was a massive failure.

Very true. It's why whenever I see a story that is heavily inspired by Tolkein I'm like.... I might as well be watching Lord of the Rings instead of this bad copy. I've read so many fantastic fantasy books that would make wonderful TV shows, and yet we're still getting stuff like the Warcraft movie, the Shannara Chronicles TV show and the Shadowhunters TV show (none of which seem to be doing anything particularly new) and the Shadowhunters show only got made because the movie was a massive failure.

Aye, and whenever they do adapt books they always seem to lack stuff from the source material or outright change it which pisses off most of your viewers. True, there's a few exceptions, but most of the time it turns out to be a failure.

Aye, and whenever they do adapt books they always seem to lack stuff from the source material or outright change it which pisses off most of your viewers. True, there's a few exceptions, but most of the time it turns out to be a failure.

I just tried googling 'best fantasy shows' and THIS http://www.buzzfeed.com/suzefigs/ranking-the-31-best-fantasysci-fi-shows-on-tv-rig-9ynr#.rr3Wx24xx is the best Buzzfeed could do. I know for a fact this list is absolutely inaccurate, because it gave Teen Wolf a good rating. That show is terrible and I only managed to tolerate it by hate-watching it and complaining about how awful it was.

I might give Sleepy Hollow a try though....

I just tried googling 'best fantasy shows' and THIS http://www.buzzfeed.com/suzefigs/ranking-the-31-best-fantasysci-fi-shows-on-tv-rig-9ynr#.rr3Wx24xx is the best Buzzfeed could do. I know for a fact this list is absolutely inaccurate, because it gave Teen Wolf a good rating. That show is terrible and I only managed to tolerate it by hate-watching it and complaining about how awful it was.

I might give Sleepy Hollow a try though....

Yeah, there's a lot of bizarre shows on that list. Not one of them look interesting, oh, and the modern Doctor Who an A++? What are they smoking?

Yeah, there's a lot of bizarre shows on that list. Not one of them look interesting, oh, and the modern Doctor Who an A++? What are they smoking?

Lol ikr. Current Doctor Who is terrible, the lead writer needs to be fired.

Actually I ended up giving the show 'Lucifer' a try - it's starring Tom Ellis who you'll recognise if you ever watched Miranda:

He's really good in Lucifer (just as he was in Miranda) and although the show's writing isn't anything spectacular, it seems pretty interesting so far.

Vikings premier was decent, setting up the season for all sorts of betrayal. Seems Hirst finally settled on which side of the fence Rollo sits. It's about time, I guess. I've lost interest in him due to the back and forth character development. Maybe he'll actually be more interesting now.

I dunno if anybody else saw the walking dead last night, but this youtube clip perfectly expresses my thoughts about one scene.

[video=youtube;-ySKNzi1bLM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ySKNzi1bLM&spfreload=10[/video]

Top Bottom