New CG Cinematic for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Shows Geralt “Killing Monsters”

+
question : who is the man talking to geralt next to him sitting on the other horse ( i don't reconize the voice perhaps a new caracter )

clst said:
question : who is the man talking to geralt next to him sitting on the other horse ( i don't reconize the voice perhaps a new caracter )
Vesemir

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Vesemir

vivaxardas said:
You don't really see any difference between adultery and killing of helpless wounded people? Why would anything you mention, make a person a monster? Yeah, at some point Ciri went off a deep end, but life straightened it out. And that woman was not Ciri, so Geralt did not really have any obligations to protect her. Ciri is a different case.

The Ciri element can be annoying sometimes, I wonder at moments what was Sapkowski thinking particularly in the Lady of the Lake, actually similar to this Geralt reacts to a raped girl because he sees Ciri in her, or saves Anguleme because he again sees Ciri , and then later he reflects that they don't look like Ciri, to be blunt a bit to much.

vivaxardas said:
You don't really see any difference between adultery and killing of helpless wounded people? Why would anything you mention, make a person a monster? Yeah, at some point Ciri went off a deep end, but life straightened it out. And that woman was not Ciri, so Geralt did not really have any obligations to protect her. Ciri is a different case.

But you go on and on how the woman should be punished, but what says life wont straighten out for her too?

Milva killed and slit the throat of god knows how many people even those beyond brokilons borders.
Regis was a bloodsucker, who straightened out of his habits after killing dozens of people for fun.

Maybe it wont, but you want punishment, and the concept of mercy or redemption flies over your head.

vivaxardas said:
Following to your law-and-order attitude life wouldnt have gotten any chance to straighten anything out. So why exactly is Ciri different? Because you know her story and see how circumstances drove her to her actions? Why don't you give the same consideration to the woman in the trailer?

MarcAuron said:
The Ciri element can be annoying sometimes, I wonder at moments what was Sapkowski thinking particularly in the Lady of the Lake, actually similar to this Geralt reacts to a raped girl because he sees Ciri in her, or saves Anguleme because he again sees Ciri , and then later he reflects that they don't look like Ciri, to be blunt a bit to much.

Well, you are right. If it is the case why Geralt interferes in this trailer, then it is not really rational on any level. But now I really want to have a choice in a game. I really do not want to be forced to behave like this just because he is pre-determined character.

A more interesting display of moral ambiquity would've been if Geralt had made a choice between killing the girl or not and thus ending her needless suffering (or witnessed someone else do that and give an opinion on the matter), and probably angering the soldiers by denying them having their cruel "fun" while punishing a criminal, rather than letting her (a murderer no less) off the hook by killing the soldiers. That would've of course denied a grandiose fight sequence, but who cares about that. Now it looks more like an act on impulse with no rhyme or reason, or thought behind it.

There's also no reason to believe she's not guilty. The narration says she is (and elaborates -- murder, cannibalism, looting) and there's nothing to suggest she isn't.

That said, it was a nice trailer. Not as good as the CG trailer for Witcher 2, but nice nonetheless.

Great trailer!

About so called "war crimes".
Unfortunately we don't see the context in the trailer, but the reality is the Nilvgaardian army just invaded the woman's homeland. We know from books about their "modern" strategy which is pretty much burning everything to the ground. So they took her home, her stock, killed her familly and friends and yet they accuse her of "war crimes" she comitted trying to survive. Yeah, what a law respectfull dudes...

Kofeiiniturpa said:
There's also no reason to believe she's not guilty. The narration says she is (and elaborates -- murder, cannibalism, looting) and there's nothing to suggest she isn't.
A nilfgaardian soldier says it, you mean.

Kofeiiniturpa said:
A more interesting display of moral ambiquity would've been if Geralt had made a choice between killing the girl or not and thus ending her needless suffering (or witnessed someone else do that and give an opinion on the matter), and probably angering the soldiers by denying them having their cruel "fun" while punishing a criminal, rather than letting her (a murderer no less) off the hook by killing the soldiers. That would've of course denied a grandiose fight sequence, but who cares about that. Now it looks more like an act on impulse with no rhyme or reason, or thought behind it.

That said, it was a nice trailer. Not as good as the CG trailer for Witcher 2, but nice nonetheless.

Yes, it was something I started with, by giving a real world example. It would make a bigger impact (as a real thing I witnessed) if he killed her to spare her suffering, while the soldiers may be even attacked him, if they were too unhappy about it.

vivaxardas said:
Well, you are right. If it is the case why Geralt interferes in this trailer, then it is not really rational on any level. But now I really want to have a choice in a game. I really do not want to be forced to behave like this just because he is pre-determined character.

Rational and logical planing are sometimes not Geralts strengths. I guess despite being a superhuman it makes him human.

Game choices will be present, as a diagonally opposite I want a Geralt that is closer to the books, W2 Geralt at moments gave me a headache, assuming the role of a character is a perfectly valid way of role-playing for me, but the choice element of variable Geralts is a must..

The element of meddling, and at moments never questioning things like Geralt often does in the W2 needs to be addressed, regardless how the individual player sees the
"what constitutes a RPG question," there is a small but important chance that the players could agree that "doing things the other way ," is a important part.

M4xw0lf said:
It's not necessarily an unbiased account of what actually happened.

What's the point of speculating and drawing conclusions from possible out of scene happenings that are never even hinted about, and that we will most likely never know? This, the trailer, is what we have.

Regarding giving real life examples, we've let a fair amount go through so far, but please could we draw a line here. No more references to real-life equivalents, no more comments that could be considered insulting against forum members or their countries.

Thanks.

Kofeiiniturpa said:
What's the point of speculating and drawing conclusions from possible out of scene happenings that are never even hinted about, and that we will most likely never know? This, the trailer, is what we have.
And in this trailer, we don't get an unbiased report on the story behind this scene, only the words of the Nilfgaardians who are about to lynch the woman.

dragonbird said:
Regarding giving real life examples, we've let a fair amount go through so far, but please could we draw a line here. No more references to real-life equivalents, no more comments that could be considered insulting against forum members or their countries.

Thanks.

Well, what about forum members' planets? I'm offended >:[

Top Bottom