New Ending (SPOILER ALERT)

+
Another "sad" ending?
How surprising!!! o_O

I mean, I don't even think it's sad.

Misty will even call you out if you start complaining, pointing out that V gets to retire at age 30 and all they have to do is be more cautious.

She's also no longer suffering depression because her friend is alive again.

I feel like people overstate how bad the ending is.

My only big problem is that Johnny has to be destroyed, and I like him enough to not let him fade away.
The positive side of the story is that there are ways to really save V, so I prefer Don't Fear the Reaper ending where V probably will have a chance to find a cure.

Personally I think it makes perfect sense that Johnny has to go for V to be cured.

I mean, I don't even think it's sad.

Misty will even call you out if you start complaining, pointing out that V gets to retire at age 30 and all they have to do is be more cautious.

She's also no longer suffering depression because her friend is alive again.

I feel like people overstate how bad the ending is.

I believe that was @LeKill3rFou's point for putting quotation marks around sad. It's not actually a sad ending. If anything it's the most hopeful of the bunch. V gets to live on as V. Sure, people have moved on as the overwhelming majority of people would in real life but V still gets to live a comfy life.

Are ppl forgetting V only knows these ppl a couple weeks tops so they only know V the same length of time.

A hell of a coupla weeks and V can change their lives for good or bad but still.

Seems only rainbows an unicorns would've been enough to satisfy some folk an it would've been easy for CDPR to give ppl that especially considering launch, but I'm glad they never since it would've invalidated every ending in the base game as well as alternate endings to PL itself.

Giving SB another chance to fuck up felt good to my character that did it, now she gets to ride into the sunset with her new family an Judy, an i'll simply headcanon a cure if need be.

Getting cured an having a 9 to 5 sounds like a utter joke for any my chars tbh.

A joke? Perhaps.

But part of the story arc for my V is realizing, "Being a Night City Legend" is a completely insane and stupid dream.

I don't mean it in a "haha what a shit option the developers gave" joke i mean it from the perspective that I've not played one V who'd take that as a option, most of mine would say their a legend, made it if you will, and yes it was a insane, oft stupid and crazy run but honestly probably wouldn't change it.

I'll need to make a new char tbh an just try play someone who want's a normal, or the normal that world can offer, life.

I think the option's good tbh and just adds to the more variety of V's i can play from here on after i take a few existing toons through it and that's never a bad thing for me personally

I can see a enhance edition coming I think this DLC will destroy the alot of the good will they got back since launch. I think they did the players dirty. Not just ending. but the Songbird and Reed thing too.

How do you figure? It seems like a choice that comes organically from the situation.

Like the Templars vs. Mages.

How do you figure? It seems like a choice that comes organically from the situation.

Like the Templars vs. Mages.
I see it that way. But I know few people see and let down you couldn't work with both you know third option. me i'm more pissed about your friends that just trash to me. I get life goes on. But treating V like after what done for them. Plus not knowing really happened to them. I also know quite a few want the Meredith romance restored. This almost feel like aa slap to the face.

I see it that way. But I know few people see and let down you couldn't work with both you know third option. me i'm more pissed about your friends that just trash to me. I get life goes on. But treating V like after what done for them. Plus not knowing really happened to them. I also know quite a few want the Meredith romance restored. This almost feel like aa slap to the face.

Restored would imply that there ever was one. The thing about Meredith was you'd always be able to betray her and she gets killed. So of course they never planned a big questline with her.

Besides, if we want a Militech romance why not the President or Songbird (or Reed).

We never get much of a personality for Meredith Stout other than, "Kinky Corpo Witch."

Whelp, went the Reed route, not the ending just the route, an gotta admit, i really didn't like it.

Everything for one felt wrong, like picking to trust Arasaka wrong, i felt dirty, unclean, and the actual mission did nothing but add to that and pour on annoyance and frustration to boot, doubt i'll ever go this route again just like I'll never go the Arasaka route again but i got to see an experience an that's what it all about.

I won't get the ending because i told Meyers to go fuck herself an truth be told I'd a probably killed everyone of them there an then including Reed, but i couldn't do anything which i guess was intentional.

I'm just glad it's over tbh, god that was rubbish, not the story just what you need to do in the mission, it was boring AF an cheap AF tbh

actually the ending I saw was a good ending, V lived, but the screw over was losing everything which for some is a fate worse than death.

There was a way to save V mentioned during the hanoko arasaka ending, I am not sure what exactly was said, but I believe V said something about hanoko father and how he was able to survive and it was mentioned that he had a genetic match and lots of doctors and money and V didn't.
Basically he used Yorinobu body and implanted himself into his son with the relic.

Restored would imply that there ever was one. The thing about Meredith was you'd always be able to betray her and she gets killed. So of course they never planned a big questline with her.

Besides, if we want a Militech romance why not the President or Songbird (or Reed).

We never get much of a personality for Meredith Stout other than, "Kinky Corpo Witch."

Well I dont But I was told they admitted at one time she was full romance. Probabably the one both gender could get. But i liked seeing her underwater..

Last edited:
Another "sad" ending?
How surprising!!! o_O

Right!?

I'm surprised they made an ending where V survives at all. Yet, here we are and people are still complaining. People wanted a fairy tale ending apparently which would have been so out of place.
As far as I'm concerned, the darker an ending is, the better.
Post automatically merged:

That works for me ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I feel like people overlook that V still has Misty's love and friendship.

Ditto Vic.

They had a really rough time of it but they now have their friend. You learn who your real Chooms are because of this.

If you read any of the little notes and stuff sprinkled across the game you get the idea that there are NO happy endings. Literally every story of "we're just about get out, one more thing" ends tragically. Are you not familiar with cyberpunk? I don't just mean this game, I mean the genre in general. It's almost a rule in cyberpunk that nobody gets a truly happy ending. If that bothers you then you're playing in the wrong sandbox, Baby. This ending is literally better than anything we had business hoping for.

If you read any of the little notes and stuff sprinkled across the game you get the idea that there are NO happy endings. Literally every story of "we're just about get out, one more thing" ends tragically. Are you not familiar with cyberpunk? I don't just mean this game, I mean the genre in general. It's almost a rule in cyberpunk that nobody gets a truly happy ending. If that bothers you then you're playing in the wrong sandbox, Baby. This ending is literally better than anything we had business hoping for.
Um, not every cyberpunk story ends in tragedy. Even if many do, there are some that don't. I'm tired of this whole 'no happy endings allowed' bullshit when it comes to this genre. Tropes aren't concrete. You can deviate from a theme. And how about NOT talking down to those who don't like how this ending played out.

Um, not every cyberpunk story ends in tragedy. Even if many do, there are some that don't. I'm tired of this whole 'no happy endings allowed' bullshit when it comes to this genre. Tropes aren't concrete. You can deviate from a theme. And how about NOT talking down to those who don't like how this ending played out.

Rogue survived until 2077.

Kerry survived. He wasn't an Edgerunner but he went the distance.

Trace Santiago did well too.

Morgan got away.

Top Bottom