New Player need help

+

DRK3

Forum veteran
In the card crafting zone, what means Mill?

Milling is the process of transforming cards into scraps, which in turn are used to craft more cards.

If you use the auto-mill button on the deck builder, it will only mill your duplicate cards: so if you have 4x of a bronze card, it will mill 2 of those since 2 is the max you can put on a deck, or with golds, if you have more than 1 it will mill those.

You can also mill cards manually - its a popular method for beginners, to mill cards they dont want to build cards for a faction they use, but i would recommend against it.

In the card crafting zone, what means Mill?

Milling is the process of converting cards into resources that can be spend on crafting new cards or other things. The mill value indicates how many resources (ore/powder) you get. This value is always less than the amount you need to craft the card.

I summon her on the RANGED row and she doesnt activate the BRONZE CARD CREATION ability =(
She Creates from either player's current deck, meaning cards left in decks. If neither player has Bronze specials left in their deck (all have been played, discarded or banished), Triss doesn't do anything.

Some cards have the wording "... starting deck...", which means they will activate even if both players have zero cards left in the deck.

She Creates from either player's current deck, meaning cards left in decks. If neither player has Bronze specials left in their deck (all have been played, discarded or banished), Triss doesn't do anything.

Some cards have the wording "... starting deck...", which means they will activate even if both players have zero cards left in the deck.
makes sense, thanks!
Post automatically merged:

Hi again sir, can you tell me why every deck i see from scoiatels has a legendary card called Schirrú? How do you make a "combo" with that card? the card is good for what reason? Thanks sir.

I got only 1000 scraps so i wanna know if the card is good enough to craft already

Last edited:
can you tell me why every deck i see from scoiatels has a legendary card called Schirrú? How do you make a "combo" with that card? the card is good for what reason?
I don't play Scoia'tael, so I am not the best person to ask. From what I know he's used with cards that can damage opponent's card and/or buff him, so that he kills a lot of units.

rrc

Forum veteran
Hi again sir, can you tell me why every deck i see from scoiatels has a legendary card called Schirrú? How do you make a "combo" with that card? the card is good for what reason? Thanks sir.

I got only 1000 scraps so i wanna know if the card is good enough to craft already
Shirru kills every other unit who has the same power (including your own cards). He will need to be buffed in hand using Ithlene or Triss Butterfly or various other cards and need to align enemy cards and disalign your cards and all that to properly use him. I would not recommend that card to new players. Craft some easier to use cards like Ithlene if you want to invest in ST.

Shirru kills every other unit who has the same power (including your own cards). He will need to be buffed in hand using Ithlene or Triss Butterfly or various other cards and need to align enemy cards and disalign your cards and all that to properly use him. I would not recommend that card to new players. Craft some easier to use cards like Ithlene if you want to invest in ST.
Thanks Sir! I have 2 legendarys already!
Saesenthesis and one i picked from a LEGENDARY KEG, SASKIA, are they good too?

rrc

Forum veteran
Thanks Sir! I have 2 legendarys already!
Saesenthesis and one i picked from a LEGENDARY KEG, SASKIA, are they good too?
Saesenthesis is a very good card. Medium value and its immunity gives a great counter to Artifacts or any form of (manual) removals (susceptible to Scorch though). As for Saskia, if you could get her to stick, she is very powerful. But remember, for her to be really good, you have to have an elf, dwarf, and a dyrad at hand. So, you will have to build your entire deck around her. On top of that you should somehow give her immunity too (Paulie or Avallac). Also, you will want a long round to properly use her and it means a 10 round R3 and to achieve that you may need to win R1... :p

What I am trying to say is, all these good cards need to be built the entire deck around them and is hard to pilot it. For beginners it may be tricky. I am glad that you want to stick with ST (I am a main ST player). For beginners I would recommend cards like Milaen (straight forward 8 points card), Ithline (investment card which will be powerful in later rounds, for example with, Sheldon or Aglais), Milva (long round with a lot of ST cards will get her nice value), Morean (when not locking, 7 points value), Ciaran (general locking unit). If you want to go full elves, then Yaevin, Isengrim, Aeliren.

Saesenthesis is a very good card. Medium value and its immunity gives a great counter to Artifacts or any form of (manual) removals (susceptible to Scorch though). As for Saskia, if you could get her to stick, she is very powerful. But remember, for her to be really good, you have to have an elf, dwarf, and a dyrad at hand. So, you will have to build your entire deck around her. On top of that you should somehow give her immunity too (Paulie or Avallac). Also, you will want a long round to properly use her and it means a 10 round R3 and to achieve that you may need to win R1... :p

What I am trying to say is, all these good cards need to be built the entire deck around them and is hard to pilot it. For beginners it may be tricky. I am glad that you want to stick with ST (I am a main ST player). For beginners I would recommend cards like Milaen (straight forward 8 points card), Ithline (investment card which will be powerful in later rounds, for example with, Sheldon or Aglais), Milva (long round with a lot of ST cards will get her nice value), Morean (when not locking, 7 points value), Ciaran (general locking unit). If you want to go full elves, then Yaevin, Isengrim, Aeliren.
Thanks for the elaborate answer!
Atm i already played around 10 rankeds and never lost 1 yet! Always with SCOITAEL and BROUVER as leader.
Also, i got 1210 SCRAPS and 900 POWDER. Because i always save until i know wich best units i shall craft. I read all units you recomended. For now, in wich units i shall spend this SCRAPS? shall i craft Milaen (-200 scraps), Ithline (-800 scraps), and then save some for Aglais maybe? Or craft Ciaran straight away? Also i get +200 scraps if i desenchant the cards i got on the MILL SPARE CARDS

P.S: also im in a ARENA with 3 wins already, might give some more scraps or other rewads

P.S.S: Is there ranked seasons or seasons at all? If so, how long are they and when this one will end?

Last edited:

rrc

Forum veteran
Thanks for the elaborate answer!
Atm i already played around 10 rankeds and never lost 1 yet! Always with SCOITAEL and BROUVER as leader.
Also, i got 1210 SCRAPS and 900 POWDER. Because i always save until i know wich best units i shall craft. I read all units you recomended. For now, in wich units i shall spend this SCRAPS? shall i craft Milaen (-200 scraps), Ithline (-800 scraps), and then save some for Aglais maybe? Or craft Ciaran straight away? Also i get +200 scraps if i desenchant the cards i got on the MILL SPARE CARDS

P.S: also im in a ARENA with 3 wins already, might give some more scraps or other rewads

P.S.S: Is there ranked seasons or seasons at all? If so, how long are they and when this one will end?

Look at this this way. Milaen is a guaranteed 8 points with a 4 point offense. Not many cards can do 4 damage to a single unit. Ithlene is a guaranteed 8 points that can get you a max of 12 points (if used on Aglais or Sheldon). If you don't have them as target it is still 8 points guaranteed. Ithlene can be used on a round you don't care to win (R2 if you have won R1 with 8 or more cards or even R1 if the rest of your hand is very weak). Both are good cards. Since you have less scraps, I would advice going with Milaen as it fits ST more (with damage dealing). If you want to discuss more, please start a conversation or add me as a friend in gog and we can discuss there.

Look at this this way. Milaen is a guaranteed 8 points with a 4 point offense. Not many cards can do 4 damage to a single unit. Ithlene is a guaranteed 8 points that can get you a max of 12 points (if used on Aglais or Sheldon). If you don't have them as target it is still 8 points guaranteed. Ithlene can be used on a round you don't care to win (R2 if you have won R1 with 8 or more cards or even R1 if the rest of your hand is very weak). Both are good cards. Since you have less scraps, I would advice going with Milaen as it fits ST more (with damage dealing). If you want to discuss more, please start a conversation or add me as a friend in gog and we can discuss there.
Thanks, is your GOG name rrc? If so i will add you

Guys, i'm back unfortunaly, i have a card that i like a lot in my deck, and the card is GOLD and has a PURPLE TRIANGLE in the top left corner.
I have only 1 card and it's the basic one.
I have 1200 metioryte powder and i press the card and there's no CRAFT OPTION, if i RIGHT CLICK on the premium verion of it it says i got to craft if for 800 scraps but i dont want to craft it....i want to TRANSMUTE the basic one to PREMIUM but i dont find the button to it

rrc

Forum veteran
Guys, i'm back unfortunaly, i have a card that i like a lot in my deck, and the card is GOLD and has a PURPLE TRIANGLE in the top left corner.
I have only 1 card and it's the basic one.
I have 1200 metioryte powder and i press the card and there's no CRAFT OPTION, if i RIGHT CLICK on the premium verion of it it says i got to craft if for 800 scraps but i dont want to craft it....i want to TRANSMUTE the basic one to PREMIUM but i dont find the button to it
Should be a card from starter Deck. Those cards can't be transmutated or milled. If you want premium version, you will have to spend scraps and create anew. I have asked a question in Ask A Dev about this about how we may have to get premium version of starter Deck cards post Jan update. So, wait till the answer and then you can decide.

(BTW, which card is that?:cool:)

Should be a card from starter Deck. Those cards can't be transmutated or milled. If you want premium version, you will have to spend scraps and create anew. I have asked a question in Ask A Dev about this about how we may have to get premium version of starter Deck cards post Jan update. So, wait till the answer and then you can decide.

(BTW, which card is that?:cool:)
What you mean with Started Deck?
The card i was attempting to Premium was Sheldon Skaggs

What you mean with Started Deck?
Cards included in the starter decks everyone got when Homecoming went live. I'm pretty sure Sheldon is one such card.

If a card has the below icon (taken from a Skellige card, hence the purple background) next to its name in the full view, then it's a starter deck (base set) card.
Baseset.PNG

Top Bottom