New voice-actor for Geralt in the Witcher 2?

+
New voice-actor for Geralt in the Witcher 2?

I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered somwhere else already, but has Geralt gotten a new voice actor in the new game? I believe the one who did the voice in the the first game was named Doug Cockle or something likke that...In the new trailer, I thought the voice resembled the old one, but it wasn't precisely the same at all times, I believe? I really liked the old voice for Geralt. So, can anyone confirm or deny if there is a new voice actor or not?

There is no official statement yet who will be the voice actor for Geralt, if it's Doug C.o.c.k.l.e again or somebody else.

Braag

Forum veteran
PetraSilie said:
There is no official statement yet who will be the voice actor for Geralt, if it's Doug C.o.c.k.l.e again or somebody else.
That surname is pretty hilarious :p ah, I'm a terrible person.On topic, listening to Geralts voice in the gameplay videos he sounded identical to the first game.

Yeah, I thought it sounds exactly like Doug C. too. I'm wondering if people are hearing another voice somewhere that they mistake for Geralt's dialogue or what, because I didn't notice any difference at all...

Haha, I have to remember to put periods between the letters in that name! :DOn topic though, I too thought that it sounded pretty much like Doug in the trailer/videos; but then again, it never hurts to get some real confirmation...

Braag

Forum veteran
haha, cut him some slack guys. At least his surname is manly. Imagine if your surname was Boner, wouldn't that be awesome.

LMAO! Boner. :pI think it might be Mr C.o.ckle, but, like NINNISINNI97, I notice there's something slightly different to the voice. Every now and then it doesn't sound like him. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Personally, I think it sounds exactly like the first guy. However, he is probably more comfortable in the role, and might be now able to "emote" Geralt a little more. To me it sounds like the difference in acting with Shepard from Mass Effect 1 to Mass Effect 2.

Is is the same voice actor for sure, even in the trailer. But in the gameplay part from the conference, when talking to the town guards, some lines had a weird intonation, though it may the room acoustic or him having a cold ::)

All I can say is, if it isn't Doug C, the new voice actor is doing a mighty fine job! :) I like what CHAOSAPIANT said; maybe he's being more emotive this time around, which would be fantastic. In TW1 Geralt had lost his memory and it was understandable that he didn't invest his emotions into many scenarios, however it would make sense for some feelings to come back to him, after all he went trough with Triss/Shani/Dandelion/Zoltan in the first one. Geralt is not a heartless bastard, the books demonstrate this, so I look forward to having a bit more of a human side to him.

Edk said:
The voice actor is the same, watch the gameplay demonstrarion.
Yes, I hadn't seen that when I posted this. But from what can be heard in the demonstration, it certainly sounds very muc´h like Doug. *Phew* Thank God! ;D

Top Bottom