NG+ rebalance

+
NG+ rebalance

Hi all, i recently started an NG+ after a while of no playing, and noticed that the base of ng+ is no longer lv30, but whatever your imported character is, which is great!

However, i also feel like im earning a lot less exp and levelling way more slowly from quests. Was this also rebalanced with a patch? Or am i remembering wrong and imagining things?

Thx!

No one noticed this? Must be just my impression then... In any case, all the better for levelling more slowly, leads to being overlevveled less for quests :)

Don't quests have a set level no matter your level? Basically +30 from regular game. So yeah, if you start with a level 40 character you ain't gonna receive almost any experience from quests until you catch up to a -5 range (that's when you start earning full experience).

No one noticed this? Must be just my impression then... In any case, all the better for levelling more slowly, leads to being overlevveled less for quests :)

nope I'm noticing the opposite.

in new game, the first 10 levels are 1000xp apart, next 10 are 1500, and the rest are 2000xp. in NG+ all the levels are 2000xp apart, but you receive double xp for the first 20 levels. Consequently for the second lot of 10 levels in ng+ you level up 50% quicker.

---------- Updated at 07:45 PM ----------

Don't quests have a set level no matter your level? Basically +30 from regular game. So yeah, if you start with a level 40 character you ain't gonna receive almost any experience from quests until you catch up to a -5 range (that's when you start earning full experience).

This is changed. You now start at level 30 or the level you finished NG, whichever is higher.

Last edited:
nope I'm noticing the opposite.

in new game, the first 10 levels are 1000xp apart, next 10 are 1500, and the rest are 2000xp. in NG+ all the levels are 2000xp apart, but you receive double xp for the first 20 levels. Consequently for the second lot of 10 levels in ng+ you level up 50% quicker.

Ah right, I forgot that 1-10 you only need 1000exp and 10-20 you only need 1500 exp. That'll be it.

in NG+ all the levels are 2000xp apart, but you receive double xp for the first 20 levels. Consequently for the second lot of 10 levels in ng+ you level up 50% quicker.
Ah. That explains why in NG+, I suddenly received 1000 XP for a main quest and was able to level up pretty quickly - during maybe 12 hours of playing, I gained six levels so that Geralt now is at level 59. I thought levelling up was a bit quicker than in my first playthrough but the amount of XP explains why that is... although the current level still corresponds to the one Geralt had during the first playthrough: I did the Bloody Baron's quest up to the point when the game tells you that you have to search for Anna - which you can't because you need to do Wandering in the Dark first and Ladies of the Woods as well. In my first playthrough, Geralt was level 6 when I sent him to see Keira. Now, in NG+, he's level 59, started out with level 53. So basically the levels seem to be the same. I'm wondering if I can get him to level 60 before sending him to see Keira... he should be able to handle contracts that are level 61 or 62, I guess :)

I'm wondering if I can get him to level 60 before sending him to see Keira... he should be able to handle contracts that are level 61 or 62, I guess :)

With all the skills and superior potions unlocked in NG, it's very much easier. The one thing that is harder is Ciri battles (other than Caranthir), she does the same damage in ng+ as ng, so enemies are damage sponges.

But Ciri's battles aren't that hard to begin with - at least not on "Sword and Story" difficulty :) I fought the werewolf recently and it's a lot easier than fighting a werewolf with Geralt even though she doesn't have any signs that she can use.

But Ciri's battles aren't that hard to begin with - at least not on "Sword and Story" difficulty :) I fought the werewolf recently and it's a lot easier than fighting a werewolf with Geralt even though she doesn't have any signs that she can use.

Ciri does have cursed oil (if you brewed it) which does make this encounter a bit easier than what follows. Then again, I play on death march difficulty, ymmv.

Top Bottom