NG spy decks are stupidly good, NR is slowly getting the stick up the [bum]

+
Vaerynn;n9720471 said:
You also fail to address the synergy problem in NR which is by far my biggest grievance; Foltest is a perfect example of the lack of synergy, he buffs every unit by a power of 1, but please do tell, where is the synergy in that? For what reason would it be benefit NR units to have an extra 1 power? What functional role does this leader play in a NR deck? Oh, none? Imagine my shock.
I can think of one. Eskel. He's rendered utterly useless vs a Foltest deck. But... that's all I got. :D

Any news about when CDProject plans to make Norhtern Realms playable again? I am one of the best players in that game and only want to play NR but it´s masively underpowered since the last updates. Even an perfect player like me has ab bad win/lose ration against average players with average decks of any other party then NR. Will never spend in-game money if the balancing is bad as it is now.
So give some info when you plan the necessary changes? When turning on Gwent every day and nothing happens I´ll get used to not playing it with time and the game will end up like many before...deleted from PS4, forgotten, never downloaded again.

[B said:
Vaerynn[/B]]You also fail to address the synergy problem in NR which is by far my biggest grievance; Foltest is a perfect example of the lack of synergy, he buffs every unit by a power of 1, but please do tell, where is the synergy in that? For what reason would it be benefit NR units to have an extra 1 power? What functional role does this leader play in a NR deck? Oh, none? Imagine my shock.
What synergies Foltest does have? NR is a faction that often has more than 25 cards and that is the thing Foltest synergizes with. The more cards you have (and are also able to play during the game) the more value you get from Foltest.
And I belive that is much healthier than other leaders. You decide which leader you use after choosing your playstyle instead of having the playstyle determined by your leader.

Posts deleted. Please refrain from calling someone a troll, unless you are talking about:

:stoptrolling:

Well, NR just kept beating me six(!) times in a row rendering me completely unable to do anything with that ridiculous tempo swings like 3x siege supports into 3x flanking infantries.

Stay on topic, this s not about ; " but nr is more OP so ng is not". It annoys me that all the ng players refuse to see the bigger point and they dont come with specific arguments why its NOT op. The only argument i keep reading is; NG is not overpowered!? Northern realms is!!
And you guys have to see the bigger point. Like i mentioned a few times before; if a specific deck or few decks are insanely OVERpopulated like spydeck and northern realms it simply means they are both overpowered, or that there is somthing wrong with the alternatives. You guys just can NOT refuse to admit that 80% of the player base is currently playing nr boost, ng spy or bran/ restore.
At least these decks are trashing everything else in lower ratings.
At the moment i just think cards that make you swap cards with your deck or resurrection cards or cards that give you a choice between cards are making these decks to strong.
what i mean is that even when you get a bad draw, you still have plenty of cards to get the exact cards you want anyways. This makes it nearly impossible to play cards you dont need

BartjeBink;n9726751 said:
Stay on topic, this s not about ; " but nr is more OP so ng is not". It annoys me that all the ng players refuse to see the bigger point and they dont come with specific arguments why its NOT op. The only argument i keep reading is; NG is not overpowered!? Northern realms is!!
And you guys have to see the bigger point. Like i mentioned a few times before; if a specific deck or few decks are insanely OVERpopulated like spydeck and northern realms it simply means they are both overpowered, or that there is somthing wrong with the alternatives. You guys just can NOT refuse to admit that 80% of the player base is currently playing nr boost, ng spy or bran/ restore.
At least these decks are trashing everything else in lower ratings.
At the moment i just think cards that make you swap cards with your deck or resurrection cards or cards that give you a choice between cards are making these decks to strong.
what i mean is that even when you get a bad draw, you still have plenty of cards to get the exact cards you want anyways. This makes it nearly impossible to play cards you dont need
Power is relative. It's clear that SK, Monsters, and NR all outpace NG.

Resurrection is fine as a mechanic. The problem arises when it combos with strengthen mechanics (which basically have no counter unlike boost mechanics), and there's not many cards that allow interaction with the GY to disrupt the strategy. With both of those facts, Resurrection becomes hands down the go-to mechanic. I can strengthen all of my units, they get wiped/eliminated, and I get to bring them back (sometimes stronger)! And there's not much an opponent can do about it.

Spies are in a similar boat as Resurrection, to be honest. However, they have lower play values, and instead of strengthen either boost or deal damage. That's a massive difference from Strengthen. Boost and damage can be countered. But like Resurrection, it's nearly impossible to interact with spy mechanics. You can't stop someone from playing a spy on your side of the board, and can't really do much once it's there. Because of the lower play values and the boost rather than strengthen, NG is 3-4 in faction placement.

I'd put it - SK > Mon > NR > NG > Sco. With NR, NG, and Sco all fairly close.

FG15-ISH7EG;n9724151 said:
What synergies Foltest does have? NR is a faction that often has more than 25 cards and that is the thing Foltest synergizes with. The more cards you have (and are also able to play during the game) the more value you get from Foltest.
And I belive that is much healthier than other leaders. You decide which leader you use after choosing your playstyle instead of having the playstyle determined by your leader.

So, Foltest does not benefit NR units; he benefits how many cards you play. Brilliant. Do you see the problem with this (especially as a leader)?
Aside from that, the glaring consistency problem that you will encounter is beyond reasonable when you are creating a competitive deck; you are required to actually... you know... consitently win games.

NR does have a synergy problem. And it should be looked into. This game is at the stage where some decks need to be more refined and others are just about right for now. I only ask that you do not dumb everything down - factions should have identities. In fact, they need them. And having fun, powerful plays is also good, but everyone needs access to them in one form or another.

NG is fine. Honestly, Monsters and Skellige are superior decks. And complaining about an inferior deck just seems silly.

Last edited:
Vaerynn;n9727381 said:
NG is fine. Honestly, Monsters and Skellige are superior decks. And complaining about an inferior deck just seems silly.
So much this. NG could use some slight tweaks to reveal play and Emhyr, but that's about it. Monsters and SK definitely need a tone down. I still can't believe that a faction based on resurrection has so many mechanics that outright strengthen units. If Trololololl or Impera Brigade or Vhriheed Officers had Strengthen rather than boost, there would be an absolute riot. And those factions can't resurrect on the level that SK can.

Whether NG is overpowered or not isn't really up for debate at this point when the pro ladder leadboard clearly shows NG is the best.

Juuto;n9730931 said:
Whether NG is overpowered or not isn't really up for debate at this point when the pro ladder leadboard clearly shows NG is the best.
Practicing your trolling statements?

Maerd;n9730951 said:

If bringing up facts is trolling, I guess that's exactly what I'm doing. It's a bit ridiculous for people to be debating the power of a deck while completely ignoring the data that we have.

BartjeBink;n9719771 said:
Just face it, if a specific deck is overpopulated, its overpowered.

This simply isn't true. Popular does not equal overpowered. It is true that in competitive games people want to win. Therefore people gravitate towards things that they perceive will help them win. There is however a substantial difference between perception and reality.

arubino99;n9727301 said:
Power is relative. It's clear that SK, Monsters, and NR all outpace NG.
This is pure comedy. People reach 1500+ fMMR with NG while struggling to get to even 1400 with NR. Confirmed. NG is FINE, NR is so much better.

4RM3D;n9724331 said:
Posts deleted. Please refrain from calling someone a troll [...]
Maerd;n9730951 said:

*stares*

:mean:

Please take note; these one-liner statements without content, only meant to taunt the user, are not appreciated, no matter their original intent.

For all the only NR players that suffer from the current imabalanced NR cards there might be a tactic that is more out of the box thinking but may work. As long as there is no competitive NR deck possible due to the overpowered NG, Monsters, SK decks, you can do the following:

Built the best NR deck possible for you and start a ranked game. If you draw perfect cards, give it a try and play normally. As soon as only one card is not drwan perfectly just.....WAIT....from the beginning with 12 cards let for each draw the timer go down to 1 second and place your card in the last second. Go for a coffee, play on your cell phone, go to the toilet whil waiting...and let the opponent have the longest possible game. So the price for winning with overpowered decks rises. As you, with your current NR deck, have only a very small chance to win, you don´t have to care if you make 5 games a day or 20. Your win/lose ration will be bad anyway. So with that WAIT-TACTIC you have the chance, that the connection breaks during the game and you get a win or the opponent does not have time to wait anymore. And also, if more and more NR deck players follow that tactic, soon everybody who gets NR deck as opponent knows what awaits him and maybe quits imediately. This tactic is surely the better way to get a positive win/lose ratio for NR at the moment then "playing" the game.

EgalEgal12345;n9731901 said:
So the price for winning with overpowered decks rises.

If you are going to use tactics like that, why even bother playing the game at all? Furthermore, players will usually try to use the best tools available to beat the game. That's just the way people are and there is nothing wrong with that. But you, you are just acting like a sore loser. You cannot keep playing the same deck over and over while ignoring the ever-changing meta. So, here is some advice:

I do as you advise and improvise and overcome...and using that Wait-tactic is quite effective as I saw the last tests. People at least start sending messages to me when they realize what´s going on and so I can give some of my frustration back to them. Gives me the fun factor back in the game :)

Devs should make EMISSARY doomed. Every1 in ranked is just bouncing EMISSARYs 8 times, making every their bronze card 20+str worth, its just too way overpowered and needs to be fixed before season ends.

Top Bottom