No Walking On Mouse+Keyboard?

+
Hey, I like the game. But it's unplayable without a walking toggle for a roleplaying player like me. It's a master piece but not including a walking toggle is so disappointing I literally couldn't play it. I want to enjoy it properly so I was digging around in files and found a workaround.

Go into this folder in your Cyberpunk 2077\r6\config and add this to your config InputUserMappings
<button id="IK_LShift" val="1.5" overridableUI="forward"/>

and change the <button id="IK_W" val="1.0" overridableUI="forward"/>

to

0.6 or something

Not really a solution see below.
do we add that or change it i dont get it.

Well actually not much, I am just testing it.

It just remaps the sprint key to walk and gives it higher speed then makes default walking itself slower. Basically makes your default speed into walking. But it removes sprint from the game idk how to fix it.

I'm trying so hard. I want to play this god damn game I took my holiday for this. I love it. But I refuse to play it without a walking toggle.

In that config you set the W key to like half the speed 0.5 and then add another key mapped to walking and give it like 5.0 speed (though I think its capped - Why btw? Why cap anything uncap it for modders cdprj pls). So might as well put it at 1.0 because I think thats the maximum. So it would look like something like this:

<mapping name="LeftY_Axis" type="Axis" >
<button id="IK_Pad_LeftAxisY" />
<button id="IK_W" val="0.6" overridableUI="forward"/>
<button id="IK_LShift" val="1.0" overridableUI="forward"/>
<button id="IK_S" val="-0.6" overridableUI="back"/>
</mapping>

The end result is you walk by default slowly and run when you press shift. Though you no longer have sprint. So I guess it doesn't really solve anything.

I guess I'll just keep trying. Would help if we knew what kind of options we can pass through here.

You also have to remap the A/D keys to the same value or you'll move sideways faster.

So close. This could have worked. But the default jog speed are capped it seems. It doesn't increase the speed above the maximum value which I think is 1.0. Shame.
You can just add

<button id="IK_Alt" val="0.6" overridableUI="forward"/>

and leave everything else default
so it look something like this:

<button id="IK_W" val="1.0" overridableUI="forward"/>
<button id="IK_S" val="-1.0" overridableUI="back"/>
</mapping>

The result is you can walk by pressing only left Alt key. Running and sprinting is still working with W and Shift.

Yeah, unfortunately removing sprint isn't much of a work around since it's so necessary.

A+ for effort though. Good solution oriented thinking. Forums need more of you.

Somehow I got it to work now. I got the sprinting to work + keeping default walking speed to slow. But now there is another issue. I can't bloody change directions while sprinting ...................................................................

Also if you want to keep your jog you gonna have to make another key specifically for jogging otherwise its either sprint/walk-slowly.

Damn so close...
Post automatically merged:

do we add that or change it i dont get it.

Hold on I'll have a better solution soon. But yeah just add+change like Nero said if you want to try it.

Somehow I got it to work now. I got the sprinting to work + keeping default walking speed to slow. But now there is another issue. I can't bloody change directions while sprinting ...................................................................

Also if you want to keep your jog you gonna have to make another key specifically for jogging otherwise its either sprint/walk-slowly.

Damn so close...

I'm asking because I have no idea if it's feasible for us... definitely for CDPR but for us... no idea.

Any way to link it to mouse wheel scrolling? Scroll up, go faster and vice versa? Shift to toggle sprint.

If you get it working you'll be today's hero. Not necessarily my thing, just walking with jog and sprinting in general.

You can just add

</mapping>

The result is you can walk by pressing only left Alt key. Running and sprinting is still working with W and Shift.

Actually that might have worked better. For some reason my sprint was broken when I tried doing that. I'll try again.

You can just add

</mapping>

i try that but left alt still open menu wheels for me.what did ı miss?

I'm asking because I have no idea if it's feasible for us... definitely for CDPR but for us... no idea.

Any way to link it to mouse wheel scrolling? Scroll up, go faster and vice versa? Shift to toggle sprint.

If you get it working you'll be today's hero. Not necessarily my thing, just walking with jog and sprinting in general.

I don't think we can get it to work with the mouse wheel because all we can do is change the xml values. Also I think the order of the key binds is important I just set it to 0.6 on my Alt and it wasn't working since the 1.0 one was ahead.

i try that but left alt still open menu wheels for me.what did ı miss?

Did you put it at the bottom? Needs to be at the bottom.

You can just add

</mapping>

Nice mate this is it. This is also the first thing I tried but I had my IK_Alt at the top and it was taking the 1.0 value for some reason and wasnt mapping it properly. It looks like the order matters? Or maybe it was because I haven't unbidden the key in the menu when I was trying that. Anyway I got it to the bottom and it works. Seems like this is the solution.

Nicely done bro.

Yeah, I'd also suggest setting walking speed to 0.4 as 0.6 is just barely slower than jogging. 0.5 is decent but still feel like you're power walking or something.

EDIT: Nevemind that. Since while using this you automatically walk when pressing left alt you can still press w for an extra speed boost but if you only press left alt by itself 0.4 is a little slow.

So to summarize the Neros solution.

1. Go into the game and unbind/rebind the key you want to use for your walk toggle if its bind to something else, like Alt for example.

2. Then go into Cyberpunk 2077\r6\config and edit InputUserMappings.xml file.

3. Find the section <mapping name="LeftY_Axis" type="Axis" > at the top and add this at the bottom
<button id="IK_Alt" val="0.6" overridableUI="forward"/> or the value can be whatever you want. It's the speed of your character 1.0 = full. It should look something like this:

</mapping>

4. Enjoy your new walking toggle on PC.

Last edited:

1. Go into the game and unbind/rebind the key you want to use for your walk toggle if its bind to something else, like Alt for example.

2. Then go into Cyberpunk 2077\r6\config and edit InputUserMappings.xml file.

3. Find the section <mapping name="LeftY_Axis" type="Axis" > at the top and add this at the bottom
<button id="IK_Alt" val="0.4" overridableUI="forward"/> or the value can be whatever you want. It's the speed of your character 1.0 = full. It should look something like this:

<button id="IK_Alt" val="0.4" overridableUI="forward"/>
</mapping>

4. Enjoy your new walking toggle on PC.

You guys should share this on the subreddit as well! Thanks!

Good job getting a temporary solution figured out fellow gamers. The desperation of nerds truly knows no limits. I salute you all.

Wish the key didn't have to be held but at least it's something workable.

dude it works perfectly... thanks for everything i can finally play this game
and pls share this cause everyone suffer from this nonsense

have a great day!

I turns out you can do the same thing with car acceleration. If you add

<button id="IK_Alt" val="0.5" overridableUI="vehicleAccelerate"/>

to the section <mapping name="Acceleration_Axis" type="Axis" >
so it looks like this
<mapping name="Acceleration_Axis" type="Axis" >
<button id="IK_Pad_RightTrigger" />
<button id="IK_W" val="1.0" overridableUI="vehicleAccelerate"/>
<button id="IK_Alt" val="0.5" overridableUI="vehicleAccelerate"/>
</mapping>
You can accelerate much smoother with alt key.

-snip-

I tried this solution and now it seems my is character slightly pulled on the right when walking forward, which means I can't walk in straight line anymore.

Edit: Oh never mind, I'm a goof, I wasn't putting this in the right section. Ahah.

Edit 2: It works! Good job ♥

Last edited:
Top Bottom