Not enough effective counters against spam decks

+
Ok, so as it is clear now in few days with new expansion, there will be more spam cards added, but none new anti-spam counters. There is really many counters aginst big units (poisons, heatwave, geralt, and many many others) , but only two against spam (Gerwin and Lambert) , and on top of that both of them in practice unplayable - bricks when you don't encounter spam decks, and not so great even if You encounter spam. For example they can't do anything against elves spam, young draids spam, or kaedweni revenants spam because they just can't kill them. And filling decks with triss and lecreate only to have reasonable chances against spam is also not a good solution because they can be bricks in other matchups, especially if we play a lot of control units. And that is whi I think that we need better spam decks counters, or boost for existing ones. But to be fair: any ideas how to do it without making spam decks unplayable in the same time?

Last edited:
I agree that current cards generally favor wide strategies and would like to see better balance. I would also like more creative approaches than stronger versions of Gerwinand Lambert. The MO card Keltullis (destroy the weakest unit of the side with the most units) is a neat concept, but too expensive and prone to backfire. Some ideas I had would be a trap with power, “the next enemy spawn or create effect fails to trigger”, a unit with ability “if more than one copy of an enemy unit exists, destroy the copy with highest power”, an artifact with the power, “create three copies of a do nothing artifact in the corresponding opposing row”, a row effect, “no unit may be played, spawned, or moved to this row for two turns”, or even an artifact, “whenever your opponent spawns a unit, create a duplicate of that unit in this row”.

I agree that current cards generally favor wide strategies and would like to see better balance. I would also like more creative approaches than stronger versions of Gerwinand Lambert. The MO card Keltullis (destroy the weakest unit of the side with the most units) is a neat concept, but too expensive and prone to backfire. Some ideas I had would be a trap with power, “the next enemy spawn or create effect fails to trigger”, a unit with ability “if more than one copy of an enemy unit exists, destroy the copy with highest power”, an artifact with the power, “create three copies of a do nothing artifact in the corresponding opposing row”, a row effect, “no unit may be played, spawned, or moved to this row for two turns”, or even an artifact, “whenever your opponent spawns a unit, create a duplicate of that unit in this row”.

Hmmm I was thinking about something like a unit limit in Lambert- if there is more than 5 copie's of the unit, deal 4 domage to them; If less - 2 dmg. That will geave a fair balance: spam deck will be able to play around Lambert by being aware of units limit, and Lambert will be able to blast spamming hard units

Hmmm I was thinking about something like a unit limit in Lambert- if there is more than 5 copie's of the unit, deal 4 domage to them; If less - 2 dmg. That will geave a fair balance: spam deck will be able to play around Lambert by being aware of units limit, and Lambert will be able to blast spamming hard units
Yeah I tried my Witcher deck which runs Lambert, and I played some games against the new NG Spy and new NR spam deck and it was just a fruitless exercise. Swipe would be just as effective and cheaper.

Heck, the new Spy Mage is better at removal than Lambert and costs 4 provisions!

well, stammelfords, forktail... Triss Lacerate does a painfull good job.
I played a lot of deadeye ambush last season and received a lot of punishment from Wild Boar ots and of course Triss L. even Weavess into lacerate hurts.
I don't agree.

Sj8407

Forum regular
Yeah I tried my Witcher deck which runs Lambert, and I played some games against the new NG Spy and new NR spam deck and it was just a fruitless exercise. Swipe would be just as effective and cheaper.

Heck, the new Spy Mage is better at removal than Lambert and costs 4 provisions!

I agree that something should be done about counters to swarming decks - But honestly I have no idea how to balance it without making swarming decks usless from the one hand, and without
well, stammelfords, forktail... Triss Lacerate does a painfull good job.
I played a lot of deadeye ambush last season and received a lot of punishment from Wild Boar ots and of course Triss L. even Weavess into lacerate hurts.
I don't agree.

Lecreate is not a solution - it only punishes row stacking players, but it not solving problem of spam. For example new etheral card: very hard to counter spamming engine, with lecreate You are unable to win

Top Bottom