Not getting Quickhacks from Access Points

+
Watched an interesting video. Since those that are affected by this bug can no longer get suicide or the more advanced hacks that are not sold in shops. There is another way to farm them in pacifica.

Good to know there are other avenues available to get quick hacks via loot on net runners and not just from data mining.

Watched an interesting video. Since those that are affected by this bug can no longer get suicide or the more advanced hacks that are not sold in shops. There is another way to farm them in pacifica.

Yeah, but we want the legendary ones for their passive effects ;)

And without having 20 INT, this was the only way to get legendary ones: hacking.

Well, you can get legendary system-reset from a quest.

I unlocked datamine virtuoso ages ago, and still not one quickhack from countless datamine access points. They have to fix this or what's the point.(pun fully intended)

Video is out of date.

If you kill them while stationary, they will always drop the exact same loot - the same old/worn netrunning suits, street tactical-fiber high-tops + uncommon quickhack components and the short circuit quickhack + epic quickhack components. As of 1.1, they will also have the exact same mods in them.

They have to change position to drop different items so good luck trying to fish them around pixel hunting for a suicide quickhack.
Post automatically merged:

I skipped the gift quest on getting ping it didnt help at all. I had to do Kold Mirage as later it gives a pretty good quickhack as a mission reward. System reset which can be upgraded to legendary if you have the skill point, so at least I have one legendary in my deck...

I finally got around to testing "The Gift" and I think its a red herring.

Loaded a level 2 save from where you get into the car with Jackie and go see Vic for the first time. Except I just bailed out of the car and ran to Kabuki market instead.

Theres an Int 4 access point on ground level behind a locked door (4 technical required).

So I did the following:

1) save scummed this access point until I got a quickhack. I got uncommon whistle.
2) ran upstairs to get the quest marked Ping quickhack for "The Gift". Ran back downstairs and save scummed until I got a quickhack. I got uncommon reboot optics.
3) equipped the quest marked Ping and save scummed the access point again. I got uncommon weapon glitch.
4) ran back upstairs, hit the no int access point in the netrunner shop for "The Gift", ran back down. save scummed. Got weapon glitch again.
5) Completed "The Gift" by uploading Ping to the camera. Back downstairs. Save scummed. Got uncommon cyberware malfunction.

So I don't think any part of the quest has anything related to this bug. Not the quest marked Ping (whether or not you have it equipped). Not hitting up the zero int access point in the netrunner shop. Doesn't matter if you complete the quest or not. I can still get quickhacks from access points on this character.

Last edited:
Has any one who sent in a ticket received a reply yet?

It's been almost a month since I sent in mine. Still no reply.

Has any one who sent in a ticket received a reply yet?

It's been almost a month since I sent in mine. Still no reply.
Yes, I got a reply today:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us and for your report!

We are aware of the issue and we're looking into it.

I apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused.

Regards

-------------

I hope they are working on it and release a fix soon.

Yes, I got a reply today:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us and for your report!

We are aware of the issue and we're looking into it.

I apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused.

Regards

-------------

I hope they are working on it and release a fix soon.
I never gotten any answer.. :/ But my report was, that the Gift case is the problem.. I already reported it at the beginning of January, where most thought it was because of the "green ping" from the quest.

Yeah, this is why talking about game bugs on the forum, agreeing on a test method and verifying each others findings is a good idea. Ideally, before you submit a bug report.

Submitting unverified, incomplete and/or inaccurate information just makes bug squishing more difficult and take longer.

Yeah, this is why talking about game bugs on the forum, agreeing on a test method and verifying each others findings is a good idea. Ideally, before you submit a bug report.

Submitting unverified, incomplete and/or inaccurate information just makes bug squishing more difficult and take longer.
Well, no one knows the reason behind this bug. We only know, it was not the green-ping from the quest..

Thats probably also the reasons it didnt get fix in 1.10 or 1.11, as CDPR has to find the root problem of that cause.

I skipped the gift quest on getting ping it didnt help at all. I had to do Kold Mirage as later it gives a pretty good quickhack as a mission reward. System reset which can be upgraded to legendary if you have the skill point, so at least I have one legendary in my deck...

i skipped both them quest and i was getting a few hacks but nothing good and ill do the kold mirage one to see if that helps at all, another bug thats just come up for me i cannot craft any hacks now lol dont know why,im level 32 before the 2 new updates that they tossed up i was able to craft hacks with no issues but now lol im like wth

i skipped both them quest and i was getting a few hacks but nothing good and ill do the kold mirage one to see if that helps at all, another bug thats just come up for me i cannot craft any hacks now lol dont know why,im level 32 before the 2 new updates that they tossed up i was able to craft hacks with no issues but now lol im like wth

The patches are making the game worst for me, I didnt have any major issues until 1.06. Am now running a melee (katana) build would help with a legendary short circuit but am killing almost everything with 1-2 shots so doesnt really matter at this stage.

The patches are making the game worst for me, I didnt have any major issues until 1.06. Am now running a melee (katana) build would help with a legendary short circuit but am killing almost everything with 1-2 shots so doesnt really matter at this stage.

I'm going to have to agree with this. I did have graphical glitches when driving fast cars, and a couple animation glitches--but nothing game breaking. Right up until the quickhack bug that is.

same with me after the hotfix it has made the game mental ...for example now,each time i do a gig job from a fixer it comes up with a call from the previous job i just finished ! so far the jobs from padre have been glitched and some from the badlands to and some from dino..hopefully the new patch fixes all the issues but not holding my breath

I'm not sure this issue is related to the ping quest. At least not in a simple way. I started playing on patch 1.06. Doing this quest was one of first activities in my playthrough. After that I was able to getting quickhacks for next 80 hours of playtime, common ones, rare and epics. I noticed a problem when i levled up my intelligence up to 12 and learned Datamine Virtuoso but it is not a perk that cause a problem. I checked previous saves and even on my charackter at 11 INT I had that same issue. I was backtracking a bit more and finnally got save file where everything was fine. 84:41 hours in playtime to be precise. Next save file after this one was already corrupted - 86:22.

I compared both saves:

- no new patches and no changes in files.
- no additional points i spent in INT tree.
- same level(25)
- I did two side jobs in between: gig: wokako's favourite and dont lose your mind (delamin's quest). No progress in the main story line
- same cyberdeck, same quickhacks installed in it

I used cheat engine and added more points to raise up my attributes and some perks.

When I learned Datamine Virtuoso in my previous save file it worked fine. Almost everytime I hacked acces point at level 10 i got one of legendaries. 3 out of 4 time in average.

Corrupted file: not able to get any of these legendaries in any way. I was trying to learn perks in particular order after reset my tree or learn every perks except Datamine Virtuso or choose only couple of perks. Always the same result - no quickhacks.
I also removed ping (quest item) from my inventory then reset again and added perks. No helped.

My conclusion is that it must be something random but no clue what it could be.

Last edited:
Alright, first time posting. Playing on Xbox Series X. Had about 24 hours into my first playthrough before I started noticing some issues related to access points, datamine virtuoso, and looting quickhacks from said access points. I will admit, I did not keep a detailed record of things up until finding this thread and deciding to start my first playthrough over to see if I cannot help even slightly by giving my before and after details.

In my playthrough, before starting it over, I was level 18 and had my INT at 12. I got Datamine Virtuoso 1 and 2 at the same time. As soon as I started doing access points, I would notice a blank space beneath the Legendary components text. I would check my inventory, but see no new quickhacks. I would check my crafting specs, and every so often I would suddenly have a handful of green and blue crafting specs for some basic quickhacks. After I would craft said quickhacks the specs would disappear only to return randomly in the future. When I would go to a vendor and try to sell things, it was only at this point that my inventory would be bursting with sellable quickhacks. (Mind you this was all after having completed THE GIFT quest, hours of playtime past completing it.)

To conclude this first post regarding my experience with my first initial playthrough on Xbox, it seem my issue started around the time I got Datamine Virtuoso 1 and 2. The issues I experienced were not seeing quickhacks in my inventory after assumedly having acquired them from access points, when I was seeing a blank space below the legendary components for my rewards from the access point. It was only upon going to a vendor that I would see the looted quickhacks.

I have just restarted my initial playthrough and will update this post as I hit the general milestones for this glitch, i.e. THE GIFT, Datamine Virtuoso, and the quest Ping quickhack from THE GIFT.

I hope anything I've said sounds slightly familiar to anyone so at least we can continue to dig into this as a community.

-GURUCHAO

The first thing I am going to do as soon as I get out of "bed" in the game is going to complete THE GIFT. I figure getting that aspect of this out of the way as quickly as possible is the best first course of action.

Alright, first time posting. Playing on Xbox Series X. Had about 24 hours into my first playthrough before I started noticing some issues related to access points, datamine virtuoso, and looting quickhacks from said access points. I will admit, I did not keep a detailed record of things up until finding this thread and deciding to start my first playthrough over to see if I cannot help even slightly by giving my before and after details.

In my playthrough, before starting it over, I was level 18 and had my INT at 12. I got Datamine Virtuoso 1 and 2 at the same time. As soon as I started doing access points, I would notice a blank space beneath the Legendary components text. I would check my inventory, but see no new quickhacks. I would check my crafting specs, and every so often I would suddenly have a handful of green and blue crafting specs for some basic quickhacks. After I would craft said quickhacks the specs would disappear only to return randomly in the future. When I would go to a vendor and try to sell things, it was only at this point that my inventory would be bursting with sellable quickhacks. (Mind you this was all after having completed THE GIFT quest, hours of playtime past completing it.)

To conclude this first post regarding my experience with my first initial playthrough on Xbox, it seem my issue started around the time I got Datamine Virtuoso 1 and 2. The issues I experienced were not seeing quickhacks in my inventory after assumedly having acquired them from access points, when I was seeing a blank space below the legendary components for my rewards from the access point. It was only upon going to a vendor that I would see the looted quickhacks.

I have just restarted my initial playthrough and will update this post as I hit the general milestones for this glitch, i.e. THE GIFT, Datamine Virtuoso, and the quest Ping quickhack from THE GIFT.

I hope anything I've said sounds slightly familiar to anyone so at least we can continue to dig into this as a community.

-GURUCHAO

The first thing I am going to do as soon as I get out of "bed" in the game is going to complete THE GIFT. I figure getting that aspect of this out of the way as quickly as possible is the best first course of action.

Just finished THE GIFT. Ping still shows up with an exclamation point in my inventory.

Last edited:
I don't believe Ping is causing it. It's something else, and I think only a future update will fix it unfortunately.

Do you get the blue load out screen when you hack access points on either your bugged character or new character? Check out this video to see what it looks like if not sure...

So I just took it upon myself to test that same access point. The rooftop one in that video. My current character is Level 11, Street Cred 15, 12 intelligence, with a 7 in quick hacking. I have Datamine Virtuoso.

First attempt at the Rooftop access point and I pulled a legendary Suicide.
Second attempt, Legendary Ping.
Third attempt, no quickhack.
Fourth attempt, Legendary Overheat.
Fifth attempt,

It was late when I started testing this so I was only willing to do 5 attempts, but will do more over the next few days and make sure to keep track of my results.

You are lucky, my V is lvl 33 but I have not been able to get any quickhacks from an access point so far. At first I thought it was just luck, but now I think that there must be a bug in there since even per chance I should have gotten at least one by now.

I really hope this gets fixed with patch 1.2. I really enjoy the game and my first playthrough has so far lasted over 100 hours, but the glitch has soured the overal experience a bit. The only way I've been able to get those epic and legendary quickhacks, has been by crafting them, and that means spending perk points. You also need to have an intelligence of 20 to be able to craft legendary quickhacks, so if you are experiencing the glitch, you have no choice but to max your intelligence.

I think in fact maybe we should tell when the 1st saved was created, me it was at launch for example, so the save had all patches, maybe something broke between patches, and now it's fixed on new saves

Top Bottom