Now reading [books]

+
High time to dig this up.

My current reading project is David Baldacci's The Christmas Train. Baldacci is mostly known for his thrillers and crime stories, but this one is a different kind of story of a man taking a train across the States during Christmas.

Excellent so far -- not that that is surprising.

Speaking of books, I'm currently on book five of Harry Potter. Beginning of chapter 13, I think. Maybe 14. The last chapter I read was about spew stuff, ron working as hard as a house elf, and hermoine gobbling down food at the speed of light surrender now or prepare to fight, that's right then running off to the library.

I'll remember what chapter I'm at when I pick it up again cause book marker.

Colin Creevey's lil brother walking in with Hagrid's coat and telling his brother that he fell in the lake or peeves throwing water balloons at already soaking wet students woulda been perfect for the movie.

I love Harry Potter books! Can't even remember how many times I have read them.

I have sort of two books in (very slow) progress at the moment. One is "The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck" by Mark Mason and other one is "The Fool's Errand, Tawny Man 1" by Robin Hobb.

Tawny Man is a sequel for the Farseer trilogy and that is one of the best fantasy books I have ever read.

Subtle Art has kinda clickbait name, but I like it. It's actually many words of wisdom in a small package.

I picked up John Le Carré's Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy having never read him before and am very, very surprised. He doesn't write like a thriller writer at all. There's a lot of warmth and shading to the characters and it feels less like a genre work than simply a very well-written and engaging novel.

I'm currently reading through The Fires of Heaven, book 5 of The Wheel of Time Series. I've also read two sci-fi novels these past two months, namely Children of Time by Adrian Tchaikovsky and Blindsight by Peter Watts.
Every now and then I dip into Robert E. Howard's Conan stories.

I'm currently reading through The Fires of Heaven, book 5 of The Wheel of Time Series. I've also read two sci-fi novels these past two months, namely Children of Time by Adrian Tchaikovsky and Blindsight by Peter Watts.
Every now and then I dip into Robert E. Howard's Conan stories.
I finished WoT 8 The Path od Dagers today :)

Finished two Agatha Christie novels -- 4:50 from Paddington and By the Pricking of my Thumbs, of which the latter was super dark even for Christie -- and now it's time for a classic I've already read a dozen times: The Hobbit. I've never read it in English before.

I'm always reading several books. I alternate what I want to read based on how tired I am and what my mood is.

Monster Hunter Guardian - Larry Correia - Urban fantasy recreational reading

Star Wars RPG Revised Expanded and Updated - Womp Rat Press - Working up a game for my son and I to play

Tales from the Loop RPG Rules - Fria Ligan - Working up a game for my son and I to play (yes, 2 RPGs, because why not?)

Galway, 1900 - 1949: A Photographic History of Life in the Town of Galway, Saratoga County, New York - Research for the above, because we live near here and we're going to set the RPG in the town where we live, but in the 80's. There's an atomic research institute at the edge of town, so that is a suitable "weird things" generator.

The RISC-V Reader: An Open Architecture Atlas - Patterson & Waterman - because RISC-V is neato.

The Complete Hammer's Slammers: Volume 2 - David Drake - Military SF

Guns, Germs and Steel - Jared Diamond - Because one should always be reading some history.
Post automatically merged:

Mossad: The Greatest Missions of the Israeli Secret Service by Michael Bar-Zohar, Nissim Mishal
Have a look at Sabotage: The Mission to Destroy Hitler's Atomic Bomb, by Neal Bascomb.

It's billed as Young Adult literature (I think he has a crunchier version of the same story called Winter Palace or something like that), but it caught my eye and was quite interesting.

i am also reading this:

Angry White Pyjamas: A Scrawny Oxford Poet Takes Lessons From The Tokyo Riot Police Paperback by Robert Twigger

"This is a fascinating account of a year on the Aikido Yoshinkan Senshusei course, mostly populated by Kidotai – riot police. Each member of the riot police must be a minimum black belt in another martial art before embarking on the year of training that will take them from white belt to black belt and beyond in Aikido."

Neo Cyberpunk: The Anthology. Editors: Matthew A. Goodwin, Anna Mocikat, Marlin Seigman

I have read almost entire anthology featuring stories from more than ten authors. This has been surprisingly good collection of stories in sense of covering topics in a manner where which is up to date and in a manner where subjects are often familiar to readers in a way or another from our world.

Characters in these short stories tend to have surprising depth and make sense in the world. Reader may not like them, nor that is always even intended and that's the point, they work as characters. For stories I have read so far, extra credit in that regard for receptionist in Anna Mocikat's story We are the Good Guys. How much can be achieved with just a few words.

The Crow Girl by Erik Axl Sund.

If books had age ratings, this one would be 18 (M); the story is beyond extremely dark, the main antagonist is far beyond sick and twisted due to mental scars and issues, and the general themes being addressed are super vile.

I'm about 1/7 in (the book has 767 pages) and it keeps getting worse. However, as it is fiction I cannot help but be curious where it is all going.

"Insanely creepy psycho/thriller that places the thin veneer of normality under the microscope" is a comment from a Danish magazine or other media, and it is highly accurate.

I'm currently reading 'Lord of the flies'. I recently finished reading Chapter 5 - Beast from water. Next chapter Beast from air. It's an interesting book so far.

I need to continue Harry Potter Goblet of fire. I'm at Chapter 15 Beauxbaton and Durmstrang.

I recently started to re-read the Metro-series and I'm about half way through Metro 2033.
One of my favourite books ever.

Decided to acquaint himself with King's work and began at the beginning of his bibliography, with Kerry.
As far as I know, he had a period of drug and alcohol addiction, and during this time he also wrote books. I want to see this line, before and after, that's why I started over

Top Bottom