Now reading [books]

+

Guest 4668352

Simon Winchester s new book.png

Very Good, Jeeves! by P. G. Wodehouse. I already read another book from the same series (The Code of the Woosters), and, although the language is rather tricky, it was udderly hilarious.

This one seems, so far, equally entertaining.

The official sequel to War of The worlds

Massacre of Mankind by Stephen Baxter. Set 14 years after WotW the martians return in greater numbers and this time they attack all over the globe simultaneously.

These are my latest new books. Some people may think its prohibited literature, but it isn't actually. Its 80 years after the war and we should have right to access the truth what and why happened. I always liked nonfiction literature, bcos its never wasting of time, you always get some new informations. And why book from Albert Speer? He was an architect of third reich. I hope I will get some info about architecture. I really like that style of buildings from 30's in Germany. Unfortunately a lot of them was destroyed during bomb attacks in 1945. And if not, it was destroyed later in 50's or 80's during the denazification of Germany. But you know, you can erase those buildings, but you can't erase the history. It always was and always will be interesting source for documents, movies, books, games,...

Attachments

• IMG_1132.jpeg
    IMG_1132.jpeg
    585.8 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
The lady and her tiger by Patricia Derby (who is the lady) and Peter S. Beagle. Written in the 70s.

Nonfiction telling the story of Patricia as she works as an animal trainer, but not the traditional kind. She despises some of the practises used in the field, and always strives to treat animals as well as she can.

I'm starting the Ghost in the Shell comic, and I'm in awe at how good it is. I'm also starting to read the first novel in the Foundation series by Isaac Asimov, as I'm a big fan of the show.

"The Box" by Camilla Läckberg and Henrik Fexeus. Originally Swedish, but I'm reading a translated version.

It's a crime thriller about purposely failed illusions. The action started within the first few pages, which is uncommon, and the plot is very captivating. Two of the main characters are eccentric in their own ways, which adds quite a bit to the story.

I'm about two thirds through the book at the moment, and the plot is thickening fast.

Top Bottom