OLD Card updates/changes from PTR

+
Why was Harald nerfed so badly??? 10 points of damage divided by 1 each. No continuous effects, no armor pen, or anything??? He's even worse than before. Fix him before release. 10 points is a pretty shabby play for a Gold leader.

Last edited:
GlassCards;n10034441 said:
Why was Harald nerfed so badly??? 10 points of damage divided by 1 each. No continuous effects, no armor pen, or anything??? He's even worse than before. Fix him before release. 10 points is a pretty shabby play for a Gold leader.

What should Dagon say?

stridecolossus;n10035201 said:
Any kind soul able to list changes for Scoiatel? I didn't have chance to play the PTR or watch any of the recent streams.

- There was an awesome change ( what a shocker ) to Schirru. He's 4 strength and spawns Scorch or Epidemic.

- Neophyte ( 10 strength ) is now another boring buff card ( randomly buffs 2 units in your hand by 1 ).

- Not sure if it's a bug, but if not, they destroyed Morenn and she's now a joke of an ambush card. 9 strength, she just flips over and deals 5 damage after the played unit resolves it's ability. Useless, you're better off using Milaen, which has different value than the one she was revealed with ( 4 strength, deals 6 damage to 2 units at the ends of a row ).

- Not a ST change, rather a placement change, but it's another slap ( however small ) for ambush play ( which isn't even viable, to begin with ). If you play a BMC ( now called Elven Saboteurs ) to the left of Toruviel, trying to set her up, the other 2 BMCs are now placed to the left of her too. Lovely...

- Milva now returns the 2 highest units to the deck, not to the hand ( not sure how i feel about that, i didn't test this card ).

A question: I skimmed through all the cards, and if i'm not mistaken, Yen-Con is 9, Triss-But is 8 ( still in Alzur's range ) and they don't have the"deathwish" anymore, is that correct? So, instead of fixing them, they made them even worse? :rolleyes:

Ι have to agree with most people here, when it comes to changes to old cards. Sure some cards became a bit more useful, many cards became useless or nowhere near how unique they were

But I quite like the new archetypes (Blood Moon, Full Moon, NR Cursed and Alchemy Nilfgaard) :)

Random thought: I'm guessing Dorregaray's change means that he might offer Roach. Rather useless, but could have two Roaches on the board. :p

RidiculousName;n10036791 said:
Random thought: I'm guessing Dorregaray's change means that he might offer Roach. Rather useless, but could have two Roaches on the board. :p

I wonder, if you put the 2 Roaches back in the deck, say with Assire, and then you play a gold card, do both of them appear on the board? Sounds fun! :D

bilbo.baggins;n10037201 said:
I wonder, if you put the 2 Roaches back in the deck, say with Assire, and then you play a gold card, do both of them appear on the board? Sounds fun! :D

I don't see why they wouldn't appear. I was even thinking about writing that myself. :D

Why did they destroy all the chances of creating a deathwisch deck? No more deathwisch decks in future? Cockatrice is useless now for this, Archespore no more reset, She-troll - this card is a joke or i cant understand it?

Of course they did not add a single new deathwisch card and with Brewess: Ritual, what do you want to revive? D´AO and that's all ...

DRK3

Forum veteran
Stormbuster;n10030781 said:
Of course. Imo, for a Kambi deck is way harder to conceal scripting (rigging) behind the RNG sintagm. Even if it is not so easy to play it can ruin the predefined "randomness" of games. I mean in how many games they can push for hiding kambi as the last card in the deck, and arrange all the others so that the player to not be unable to extract it. My probabilities calculations shows that there are less then 0.6% chances not to get the Kambi in hand, while using a discard/draw cards deck.

I played only Kambi so far...it is too damn funny to see all my opponents running to stack more and more points, just to see them vanishing in the end ....In , say 3 months, I didn't get more than 2-3 matches against another Kambi deck, so was really no need for them to nerf it other than have full control over matches.

I've been using Kambi as my main deck since January, and i cant get tired of scorching the entire field when the opponents thought they had it after being 100 pts ahead. However, i know that is only possible because of how rare Kambi is played. I've only also seen Kambi used against me less than 10 times, in almost a year! Still, even if the opponent know it's coming is hard to counter, only with good timing and getting card advantage.

And about the probabilities of not drawing that essential Kambi... last night, on 2 games on a row i didnt get it when i needed it the most... 1st time was the only card left on the deck, 2nd time there were 3 left...

I have no clue why they are nerfing to the ground just basicly every fun deck, kambi+muzzlie, no longer a thing, , fringilla +emhyr, doesnt work anymore, etc. this decks wasnt comptetive at all and they were just played by few player, so why touch them ?

The weirdest nerfs are in monsters. Dagon now spawn only rain or fog , no more Frost as he didint suck already! neklers were buffed to 4 but wont be pulled from ur deck any more in the next round . So their deathwish applies only on the round you are currently in. In other words nekkers are not viable anymore.

DRK3;n10043471 said:
And about the probabilities of not drawing that essential Kambi... last night, on 2 games on a row i didnt get it when i needed it the most... 1st time was the only card left on the deck, 2nd time there were 3 left...

Exactly my point. Noticed the same. I lost as well so many matches because of stacking golds and silvers as my last cards in the deck. After the immunity patch it became obvious that the cards drawing is somehow scripted.

And there lots of other aspects: I use Madman Lugos in this deck. Chance to have it in the first round is around 40% (in theory). In reality I am getting it in less then 20% of the games, esp. when is least useful. Or I mulligan a card, I get it back as the very next card I draw with a freaking high regularity. Coin ....my usual days are like only in 1-2 out of 10 games I start second. Would be a connection with the simple fact that a Kambi deck starting second means (an almost) drawn conclusion? ;)

So RIP Gwent. Long live HSwent.

I'm highly frustrated with the nerfs to some cards and the way that their Mill value was handled - like Kambi, for example - Hemdall was BUFFED, or as it is NERFED, to 20, but no full Mill value for the card. Like the Kambi decks were a thing...

Or the Archespore, which I find it later in the last patch to be really nice and useful with it's Reset every turn mechanic. Now it's 7 and it dies like a mofo when there is a weather on the board.

How do you make these decisions of what to Mill at full price and what not? It's so annoying.

No Nekker Carryover

I was thinking this rushed patch couldn't get any worse until I encountered this nonsense. Nekker deathwish doesn't trigger at the end of the round. Simple. You gotta kill them in order to summon the other.

I hope this is a bug and gonna be fixed like thousands of other bugs in this ridiculous patch.

Top Bottom