Older Release Date and General Speculation Thread.

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lisbeth_Salander;n8468550 said:
What have I done. RIP in piece animalfather 19XX - 2017.

Oh, I ban him periodically when he goes nuttier than usual. Even for here. He's practically USED to it by now.

Sadly, I can't ban him for having a more popular icon than I. I think. <Frantically checks Rules>. Dammit!

Sardukhar;n8470110 said:
Sadly, I can't ban him for having a more popular icon than I. I think. . Dammit!
You can ban yourself for daring getting higher than CDPR's community manager and Mike.

Jokes aside, if the forum's getting more and more popular, bloated with more and more discussion, then it should be good for CP2077 marketing, more souls covered in announcement strike. Very cyberpunky, CDPR.
Yeah, locking it would be harmful.

Last edited:
frivolousam;n7398700 said:
TWO SANDBOX ENVIRONMENTS

Just like in Witcher 3. There's a big chance that we''ll have a second city/area like Skellige in Cyberpunk 2077. I wonder how the second city will be like. It'll be cool to have a desert or a destroyed city almost like the Fallout series.

I think CDPR will take a little bit of inspiration from that irradiated zone in Fallout 4: The Glowing Sea. But only a little bit since the concept of that area was the only good thing about it, that's because it only had some Deathclaws, besides that there was nothing special, in other words, it was an empty area with great visuals. The Glowing Sea's concept was to be completely different area from the rest of the game to create variety in gameplay. The Glowing Sea was completely different from most of boston in Fallout 4 both in terms of graphics and difficulty, this is evidenced by the huge amount of Deathclaws that area, in other words it was a tough to survive there.

Maybe we could go with a war zone, in which civilization as we know in night city is almost nonexistent and only renegades, soldiers and nomads live in there, in constant war with each other. It would be fundamental to have a completely different city so that it'd be possible for players to feel a variety in gameplay.

I think it's likely that CDPR will go with something like this idea since they CERTAINLY paid a lot of attention in other successful (at least in a economically) rpgs like Fallout 4. Fallout 4 is a terrible game and a terrible rpg, the only thing CDPR should be inspired by in Fallout 4 it's SOME of its concepts.

But then again, Projekt Red games are heavily story driven, therefore is a bald assumption for me to think that the "other city/location" mentioned here will be more focused on gameplay than the story itself.

Skellige was Skellige because it already existed in the lore. And considering the fact that CB 2077 will be 50 years after CB 2020, there will probably be more creativity control over cities and areas.

Thus it's not completely unplausible to see a cool destroyed city in a desert almost in a post apocalyptic kind of way.

Last edited:
Lisbeth_Salander;n8472510 said:
Just like in Witcher 3. We'll have Skellige and Velen. I wonder how the second city will be like. It be cool to have city almost like Mad Max where there'll be a lot of nomads. But it would look a lot like Fallout 4.

Maybe we could go with a war zone, in which civilization as we know in night city is almost nonexistent and only renegades, soldiers and nomads live there, in constant war.

In truth, we don't know if we will have 2 hubs or 3 hubs or one single seamless hub consisting of Night City and the surrounding area.

Lisbeth_Salander;n8472510 said:
Just like in Witcher 3. We'll have Skellige and Velen. I wonder how the second city will be like. It be cool to have city almost like Mad Max where there'll be a lot of nomads. But it would look a lot like Fallout 4.

Maybe we could go with a war zone, in which civilization as we know in night city is almost nonexistent and only renegades, soldiers and nomads live there, in constant war.
Or maybe they're talking about the cyberspace. There's literally nothing wrong with wasteland and city areas looking like Fallout 4 though, since there's a nuke detonated in corporate district.

There's Combat Zone, there's exit roads. I think the violence is the last thing to expect in CP2077 to be diminished.

metalmaniac21;n8472560 said:
Or maybe they're talking about the cyberspace. There's literally nothing wrong with wasteland and city areas looking like Fallout 4 though, since there's a nuke detonated in corporate district.

It'd make sense. But take a look at the original post I replied to:

frivolousam;n7398700 said:
Just saw this -prolly ancient- pic; pretty standard - what we'd expect - stuff but assuming the main gameplay will be action-shooter, I wonder what would the tactical mod be like? Like vats or something resemble RTwP or TB gameplay?

KEY POINTS

RPG, NON-LINEAR GAMEPLAY
TACTICAL MODE
TWO SANDBOX ENVIRONMENTS
STREETS OF NIGHT CITY
INTERACTIVE NON-LINEAR SCENES
LOW-LEVEL, QUEST BASED STORY
HI-TECH AND CYBERWEAR
BRAINDANCE

"Braindance" and "Two Sandbox Environments" are two separate categories.

I'm really curious to what "TACTICAL MODE" is. The first thing that comes to mind when I see this term is VATS, but I hope it's not something like that, because VATS in fallout is almost like cheating, it made Fallout 3/new vegas/4 so godamm easy. Maybe, TACTICAL MODE is an isometric mode just like Dragon Age Inquisition where you can alternate between modes.

I just realised they put "TWO SANDBOX ENVIRONMENTS" in her boobs. Explain yourselves CDPR, what kind of symbolism is this?

Last edited:
Lisbeth_Salander;n8473030 said:
It'd make sense. But take a look at the original post I replied to:

"Braindance" and "Two Sandbox Environments" are two separate categories.

I'm really curious to what "TACTICAL MODE" is. The first thing that comes to mind when I see this term is VATS, but I hope it's not something like that, because VATS in fallout is almost like cheating, it made Fallout 3/new vegas/4 so godamm easy. Maybe, TACTICAL MODE is an isometric mode just like Dragon Age Inquisition where you can alternate between modes.

I just realised they put "TWO SANDBOX ENVIRONMENTS" in her boobs. Explain yourselves CDPR, what kind of symbolism is this?

Oh well, I stand corrected about the TWO SANDBOX ENVIRONMENTS! I haven't seen this before.

Lisbeth_Salander;n8473030 said:
The first thing that comes to mind when I see this term is VATS, but I hope it's not something like that, because VATS in fallout is almost like cheating, it made Fallout 3/new vegas/4 so godamm easy.

That I agree. VATS in the nu-Fallouts is a cheap gimmick that feels like it was never really designed fully (because there are games where combat works similiarly to VATS, but is infinitely more interesting and challenging because there it is a fully realized combat system and not just a gimmick made to compensate for awful FPS mechanics and seriously lacking character systems).

I do hope it is something that harkens back to older school RPG's, though. Having some awful Max Payne bullet time shit would make the "tactical" in tactical mode turn itself to "laxatical" just out of sheer shame.

Thaaaaat is an ancient (more than 2 internet years!) image. Take everything on it with a car-sized grain of salt.

Sardukhar;n8475110 said:
Thaaaaat is an ancient (more than 2 internet years!) image. Take everything on it with a car-sized grain of salt.

Hey, the only solid thing we have beyond that is a 4 year old teaser trailer. (jk)

hitlerwave.png.jpg

Last edited:
I'm convinced the trailer was a trap to fool us into Hope, the better to enslave us. Eventually our despair will destroy us, making space for the next batch.

Guns Kill, but so does the Truth.

Sardukhar;n8475890 said:
I'm convinced the trailer was a trap to fool us into Hope, the better to enslave us. Eventually our despair will destroy us, making space for the next batch.

Guns Kill, but so does the Truth.

Maybe the trailer was "The Brandance" and now we are all already sucked in! O_O

Mebrilia;n8479980 said:
Maybe the trailer was "The Brandance" and now we are all already sucked in! O_O
I'm imagining Bran Stark possessing Hodor and making him dance across the room like a ballerina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom