One difficulty level? for Cyberpunk2077,Witcher 3 and other CDPR games

+
One difficulty level? for Cyberpunk2077,Witcher 3 and other CDPR games

CostinMoroianu said:
And another thing: No difficulty levels. Make just one and make it difficult. ( Oh I am aware this is a fool's hope, but I'm sticking with it ).

CostinMoroianu said:
Just keep in mind that when I'm asking for a single difficulty level I'm asking for Dark Souls level of difficulty and no that argument of yours that there are people who only play for story doesn't mean anything to me. That mentality is pandering. Weaker players should be forced to improve themselves BUT if they ABSOLUTELY must include a difficulty for those who don't give a fuck for story, then add a narrative mode like ME3 has. Anything more is a waste of time.

Part of the reason I support this is that you have "game reviewers" who play only on normal and give their reviews based on that, the vast majority that is. Well I feel that by finishing the game on normal they have a very incomplete image of the gameplay.

let's make a new thread since this applies to not just Cyberpunk but other games by CDPR!

I'm with Costin on this one. There's a lot I could say but it just comes down to making me feel like I'm being challenged.

Chromie92 said:
I'm with Costin on this one. There's a lot I could say but it just comes down to making me feel like I'm being challenged.

Pretty much this. Too many games these days just don't feel all that challenging anymore.

Do I love Witcher 2 Insane? Yes I do, but I've come to the conclusion that the game isn't that difficult to me and what makes me really love that difficulty is the tension of knowing that if you die you lose any save....take that away from Insane and it becomes a boring game for me.

Same goes to Arena on Dark difficulty for me. I lose all interest in continuing if I do die there once. I could continue but it goes contrary to what gain in terms of fun from it.

Yes, because choice is a bad thing! Player skill varies, so if a game can cater to different people without sacrificing depth, there's no way you'll convince me that is a BAD thing. Yes, I think TW2 is more fun (and most games in general) if they're decently challenging, but not everyone feels that way, and for some people 'normal' may be quite challenging enough.
I do 100% agree that they shouldn't make the game easier in order to make it more accessible, but as long as it's an option, how can that be a bad thing? You can play the game on insane, I play the game on Hard with some mods that make the game more challenging, someone else can play the game on normal (or, god forbid, 'easy'). If it makes you unhappy that other people are playing and enjoying a game in a different way than you do, I think you should just leave the internet and remain blissfully ignorant of all those people.

Oh, and "game reviewers" (thanks for using the marks there, completely agree) will spout nonsense and hype for as long as that stays the only requirement for that profession, and I probably couldn't care less about what bad reviewers think of a game.

(I apologise for using a seemingly personal 'you' here, especially since the OP isn't Costin, but I hope I made my point without offending anyone)

EDIT: Oh, and Costin, if you really just want to make TW2 more challenging, see if you can't do something with mods or even just come up with some ideas for them. Seeing as you are a pretty good player, I'd be interested to hear some.

I remain firmly in the position that games suffer as a result of difficulty levels being included because developers spend less time on properly making every difficulty level then they would if they were making just one.

I probably couldn't care less about what bad reviewers think of a game.

Good reviews sell a game, game of the year awards sell a game. That's a fact and CDPR knows this.

So yes, you might want to care but if you don't then let me just throw that mentality back at you: I don't have to care for the enjoyment of any other player but myself.

Different levels.

Making only one level for keep weaker players out it is seems an elitist way of pose a wish which I guess CDPR doesn't share. And I dare to guess this because CDPR have always said they want to reach every players wanting mature and immersive game, wherever it comes from, in any genre or platform.
About those reviewers who play one time in normal difficult... really I don't care about them. You can always write your own review. CDPR thank them a lot.

Wichat said:
Different levels.

Making only one level for keep weaker players out it is seems an elitist way of pose a wish which I guess CDPR doesn't share. And I dare to guess this because CDPR have always said they want to reach every players wanting mature and immersive game, wherever it comes from, in any genre or platform.
About those reviewers who play one time in normal difficult... really I don't care about them. You can always write your own review. CDPR thank them a lot.

Wouldn't necessarily call it elitist

Not putting easy/difficulty modes basically says "You shouldn't have control over your experience because we have something better to show you!"

which From Software did with Dark Souls

but can CDPR pull that off? like I said in the other thread do they even have a God Tier game designer like Hidetaka Miyazaki?

Mike Pondsmith? Hopefully, I've read half the manual and the world is really good but I never played it so I don't know.

If you're not being challenged then it seems to me difficulty levels allow a player to change that. Everybody wins. Besides, it's the whole package that matters to me in an RPG, not just the combat. If I want a hardcore challenge I play games like Street Fighter or Hard Reset.

Making only one level for keep weaker players out it is seems an elitist way of pose

Oh yes the elitism comments, I certainly didn't see that coming. Nothing more to add besides what Guipit said.

If you're not being challenged then it seems to me difficulty levels allow a player to change that. Everybody wins.

Except when even the hardest difficulties are not really that challenging either.

it's the whole package that matters to me in an RPG, not just the combat.

The whole package matters to me as well. I care a great deal about story but I also care a lot for gameplay.

Aver

Forum veteran
I don't wanna one difficulty because I know that it won't be challenging for me.

Aver said:
I don't wanna one difficulty because I know that it won't be challenging for me.

Aver said:

What about New Game+

In Dark Souls they had Newgame+ and Newgame++ where you fight two bosses at the same time instead of just one.

If that's your concern then just finish the game and it'd be more difficult.

"CDPR should make the game that *I* want to play, and to hell with every other Witcher fan" is such an overwhelmingly selfish point of view that I'm amazed that anyone takes it seriously enough to discuss it.

A straight no from me. And let me explain my position on the mater . I have started my gaming “carier” as an adventurer -a guy who plays adventure genre games mostly-,those were good times back then-late 90's early 00's – for gamers like me, and for flight simulators but that’s another story.
I won't take much of your time for what went wrong with that scene, but I believe a great mistake that killed the sales was the insane difficulty. Almost no one nowdays, plays adventure games.
Ok I know that a gamer in it's purest form- can and will- appreciate a good game no matter the difficulty, but that's the reason many other gamers with jobs kids and little to no time Won't .
Of course I can understand the feeling that you get when after hours of near to death straggle the game pays you off and you fell like the king of the world .(i like that feeling).
But a game is an interactive form of entertainment meant for everybody. Difficulty it is not a goal, unless CDPR want's to sell the game only to a few fanatics -myself included- with the background of excellence in any given game-challenge just for the fun of it.(please don’t punch me indulge me a bit of egoism here please). :)
Well Dark Souls is a good example for not having a single level difficulty, and don’t get me wrong I love that GAME ,it is a rewarding game -in its own philosophy- form of entertainment ,but for few. And although it sold 2 milions copies ,- with great ads behind it and a self-funded hype- not many people got to finish this awesome game ,and that makes me sad .

Corylea said:
"CDPR should make the game that *I* want to play, and to hell with every other Witcher fan" is such an overwhelmingly selfish point of view that I'm amazed that anyone takes it seriously enough to discuss it.

This.

Aver

Forum veteran
Corylea said:

Why I can't give you +1? Stupid forum rules!

Corylea said:
I hope that you are safe and well dear voice of reason +1 from me also.

Corylea said:

woah there girl let's not do the I'm selfish! you're selfish! dance.

Consider this, Is the game something that should be designed for you to win? a movie which you can consume at your own leisure? or is it an experience which you can fail.

There's a sense of accomplishment when there is a possibility of failure.

Is CDPR willing to deny players this sense of accomplishment by giving them the choice to make the game be designed for them to win? Maybe they do,maybe they don't

It's still a valid discussion.

Well Dark Souls is a good example for not having a single level difficulty, and don’t get me wrong I love that GAME ,it is a rewarding game -in its own philosophy- form of entertainment ,but for few. And although it sold 2 milions copies ,- with great ads behind it and a self-funded hype- not many people got to finish this awesome game ,and that makes me sad .

As I've said many many times before not everyone finished TW2 either, in fact it's less then 50%. If a game like ME2 can barely get 50% of it's fanbase to finish it then that's saying something about how many people complete RPGs in the first place. Let alone a game with a complex story like TW2.

Corylea said:

And as I've said MANY times before if CDPR wants to make a narrative difficulty level for those who don't give a damn for gameplay or are just horrible players ( I refuse to sugarcoat this ) then they can do that.

I find it preferable to not have it, but I would find it acceptable. What I don't agree with is making FIVE difficulty levels in a game, or hell any more then 2.

It depends on the game's focus for me. The Witcher 2's focus is on the story so multiple difficulties makes sense while Dark Souls's focus is on it's combat and challenge so having a single difficulty makes sense there. If you treat all games the same then you will end up with a ton of design problems.

Also on a side note just because a game has one difficulty doesn't mean it will be automatically hard.

Top Bottom