Online for Cyberpunk 2077

+
The game should have online mode where we can revenge dead players or join gang or NPCD and do some side missions. Online lobby could be in Afterlife too. I had the game since 2020 first release, awesome game! :ok:

Cool, but it's not gonna happen, never... for Cyberpunk 2077 at least. CDPR completely dropped any multiplayer feature on Red Engine.
But, I guess their next games under Unreal Engine which already offer multiplayer features, will :)

It sucks that we'll almost certainly have to wait until Project Orion (the Cyberpunk sequel) to get any sort of multiplayer. I understand their reasoning but man, imagine a sandbox game set in Night City (or even ANY city in the Cyberpunk franchise) that you can explore with friends... it'd be so enjoyable for those who love multiplayer games too!

I know that Cyberpunk 2077 also said there would be like monster arena fight like in FFXV Monster Arena or Pokemon/Digimon style fight. The game was better since the patches but I can't wait for the upcoming DLC and expansion I hope it come free or paid idc.

I know that Cyberpunk 2077 also said there would be like monster arena fight like in FFXV Monster Arena or Pokemon/Digimon style fight. The game was better since the patches but I can't wait for the upcoming DLC and expansion I hope it come free or paid idc.

Huh, what?

I don't know where you heard that but it's not true. CDPR confirmed any kind of online is completely out of the question for CP2077. It just isn't happening on REDengine.

They also said nothing about the expansion's features. All we have is the announcement trailer and we know it's going to a paid expansion. We can semi deduce the setting of it but that is all. There was never any talk of some kind of arena like battles.

I was listening and following Cyberpunk 2077 and some community podcast I heard that it will be implemented, there's a lot of features that wasn't implemented I could go on but overall the game is still awesome :cool:

I was listening and following Cyberpunk 2077 and some community podcast I heard that it will be implemented, there's a lot of features that wasn't implemented I could go on but overall the game is still awesome :cool:

Unless a developer was on said 'podcast' then it's just speculation, hopeful thinking by the hosts unless a credible source was cited. Hate to be the one to break it to you but most people who do podcasts are unqualified or/and uninformed to actually talk about many if not most of the topics they do. I present Rogan as exhibit A.

I've heard some rumors about a combat arena inside the "Combat Zone"... but until CDPR says it directly I'd chalk it up to speculation. The only thing we Know sure right now are what's in the trailer and what's been said by the devs, which isn't very much.

It won't happen for one simple reason, the combat system is not very balanced. I love the game but with the current system one smart rifle alone would dominate any online play. The guns are too broken and don't get me started on melee.
Something they didn't implement well is the armor or defensive mechanics, it's kinda bad.
If they even consider doing it for the cyberpunk sequel, they would need to do a major overhaul of the combat system.

The podcast I listened to Mike Pondsmith was there, also they are quoting developers it was 2 years ago so I forgot the detail.

I would suggest any 'wish list' ideas in interviews pre-launch should not be considered valid at this point. Also Mike is a game consultant, not a dev. What he may or may not know about the game in development may have been outdated by that point. I don't consider anything said pre-release to have any weight. All that matters is what they say post release at this point. As CLEARLY to much has changes, course corrected for any pre release info to be still considered valid.

Anything Multiplayer is confirmed as canceled, so any rumors of multiplayer should be considered outdated or flat out false.

Rumors about other features/mechanics/add-ons may be accurate, but until confirmed I'd keep some healthy skepticism.... better to be pleasantly surprised then overhyped and disappointed.

The game should have online mode where we can revenge dead players or join gang or NPCD and do some side missions. Online lobby could be in Afterlife too. I had the game since 2020 first release, awesome game! :ok:
One can only hope that there will be a online/co-op mode in the new cyberpunk, I would like to.

On the one hand it would be cool, but I find it hard to feel immersed in online games - too many random weird players etc. Thinking how much time it will take to make it work, I wish they could dedicate it to bring more fantastic stories for a singleplayer. But I understand that those are the times we are living and MP is something you can make money for years.

One can only hope that there will be a online/co-op mode in the new cyberpunk, I would like to.

It's probably safe to assume it will. I'm not saying you should but it's probably a very safe bet.

CDPR's switch from their own REDengine to Unreal was in part because they couldn't get MP to work REDengine whereas Unreal comes with the MP framework built in.

It would be very weird for them to name this as a reason for the switch and then not bother with MP at all. I assume the next Witcher game may have MP as they said they wanted to bring MP to their main IPs. I can only assume that depending on how well received it is, they'll keep adding MP to their games in the future. Maybe it won't be the next Witcher game either but I do expect them to play around with MP a bit before the next Cyberpunk game comes out. Test the waters so to say. They are a company known for their stories after all, their skillset might not translate well into MP.

We'll see soon enough.

CDPR's switch from their own REDengine to Unreal was in part because they couldn't get MP to work REDengine whereas Unreal comes with the MP framework built in.
I wouldn't say that's one of the reasons as to why they're switching engines, it seems like they are rather tired of reworking their toolsets for every project and also work on the game at the same time, because that's exactly what they did. Developing your own engine is also really expensive, but yeah, we can't deny that Multiplayer really is a hard feature to implement.

I wouldn't say that's one of the reasons as to why they're switching engines, it seems like they are rather tired of reworking their toolsets for every project and also work on the game at the same time, because that's exactly what they did. Developing your own engine is also really expensive, but yeah, we can't deny that Multiplayer really is a hard feature to implement.

Honestly, I could be wrong but I seem to recall them specifically stating they couldn't get MP to work on REDengine. I just can't be bothered to go looking to be frank as it's rather irrelevant at this point. We all know it's not happening on REDengine and we all know they plan to add it to future games although we don't know which ones specifically.

Still whether they stated it or not, to me, it feel very obvious it's one reason. I can't stress this enough though - just one of the reasons. UE5 comes with all the MP framework they could need straight out the box and it's very obvious they didn't manage to adapt the REDengine in the ways they wanted to for CP2077. The launch alone makes that clear.

They're obviously moving along with the industry and trying to get into the MP scene. I can't blame them and, although I'm concerned about what it might mean for their usual games, I can't deny I'm curious as to what they'll do. Yes, I'd agree that cutting cost and ease of development are probably far bigger concerns in their switch to UE5 but I also have no doubt that MP right out of the box (so to speak) was also a major factor. The REDengine was never developed with MP in mind and considering the chain of events that eventually lead to them announcing MP is out of the question and their subsequent switch to UE5, in my mind, it's fairly obvious MP played a role in that decision.

But of course, we're all entitled to our opinion on this.

Top Bottom