Patch 1.2 -> 1.3

+
Patch 1.2 -> 1.3

I recently downloaded the patch from 1.2 to 1.3 directly from this website and got a file that is approx. 98 MB in size, its MD5-hash is 28d4e083706bd0169890c332f297df98

However, I was a bit confused that there are virtually no Google-hits for that hash. After some more googleing, I found another patch from 1.2 to 1.3, the MD5-hash of which is B7B49FE0758BD08B05AA2FCE8B31F625, and it seems to be a bit larger. It can be downloaded e.g. from here:
http://www.gamona.de/downloads/the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings,patch-1.2-auf-1.3:download,1962782.html

Does anyone know the difference between these two patches? Which one is the right one?

The second number given is the right one . Most probably you had a broken download or the download for some reason didn`t finish completely . I got all my patches from this site and the 1.2>1.3 hash is the same as your second listing .

Thanks for your answer.
This is weird, as I tried the download multiple times, and I always keep getting the smaller file with the potentially wrong hash.
I downloaded it from here:
http://www.thewitcher.com/patch1-3/

The download button links to this file:
http://wpc.4d7d.edgecastcdn.net/004D7D/files/Patch3/Patch_1_3.exe

Might try a different browser such as Google Chrome or Firefox . One other thing that comes to mind is syncing your computer time sometimes that has an impact on broken downloads . You can do this by clicking start>control panel>date and time>internet time then select change settings and then update now

Have you tried to re-download the file with the link I posted above?
I don't think it's a client side problem: Directly after starting the download, the file size is shown (approx 98 MB).
The other one (from Gamona) is shown with 101 MB. So it seems that the server really delivers a different file.

EDIT: Using IE instead of Chrome doesn't make a difference, I always get the 98 MB file.

I`ll try very early tomorrow morning . I`m subject to internet caps so i have to watch the downloads . But from the hours of 2-7 am is free time so i`ll try then .

Thanks in advance for your efforts :)

Do the developers read the forum? Guess they should know if there are different versions of the same patch.

kullerhamPster said:
Thanks in advance for your efforts :)

Do the developers read the forum? Guess they should know if there are different versions of the same patch.
There are 1-2 that occasionally read the forum .
The 1.2->1.3 patch that i got from this site when it was first released is 103,272 KB in size and i ran a MD5 on it after i patched the game with it to verify it was a working patch and it came back with a hash number of b7b49fe0758bd08b05aa2fce8b31f625

Tommy said:
I`ll try very early tomorrow morning . I`m subject to internet caps so i have to watch the downloads . But from the hours of 2-7 am is free time so i`ll try then .

Have you tried to re-download it?

I will check if patching the game from 1.2 to 1.3 with this patch is possible.
However, for a freshly installed version of the game I recommend patching with 0->1.35 version of the hotfix 1.35 and then with 1.35->2.0 version of patch 2.0. There is few people who still need patches like 1.2->1.3 and maybe that is how a possible corruption could go unnoticed. As I said I shall investigate.

Thank you :)

I have the game still installed from when it was released, but I didn't apply the latest patches as I played it through before they were released.
I'm not even sure if it's version 1.2 I have installed, but the version number of the .exe file is 1.2.something, so I guess the 1.2 to 1.3 patch is not completely wrong for me... ;)

I updated the game from 1.2 to 1.3 using the 1.2->1.3 version of the 1.3 patch to be found here. Patching was successful and allowed for further patching to 1.35 and afterwards to 2.0. The checksum for the 1.2->1.3 version currently on our website is indeed 28d4e083706bd0169890c332f297df98.
We do change the versions of patches on the website sometimes for various reasons. I recommend using the version from our website.

Top Bottom