Patch 1.2 available!

+
Patch 1.2 available!

After long and impatient awaiting, the time has come - we encourage you to download the latest version of patch (1.2) for The Witcher. We have made a lot of effort to ensure that patch 1.2 has been tested in the best possible way, and at the same time to present it to you before Christmas, as we have promised. Patch 1.2 fixes, among all, the issues of older versions that were most commented on, such as long loading and saving times, loading/saving mechanism, removes many possible random crashes, as well as several minor bugs. Patch 1.2 works with older versions of the game, starting from 1.0, and is available for download from here. This guy has downloaded the patch already. And you? :)
Marketing Manager, CD Projekt RED

It's really great ! :) I'm already downloading... Can't wait ;DThanks a lot, CDPR guys, and Merry Christmas to you all!

whoa, thank you guys, besides the box itself this is the best christmas present for me :) well except the stuff my wife has in store for me anyway :)

Patch 1.2 Major Fixes====================================================== Gameplay and text bugs fixed:- Fixes for Alina not being at her home when she should (Act 4).- Wife's Tears Potion fixes.- Fixes for usable doors on the swamps (Act 5).- Fixes for Alchemist in manufacture giving quest items to Geralt (Act 3).- Fixes for some items to be found in Fields (Act 4).- Fixes for a disappearing enemy in quest Haunted House (Act2).- Fixed problems with Alvin's spawn (Act 1).- Few minor text fixes for all languages.Code bugs fixed:- Loading times are much faster!- Saving is much faster!- Another portion of stability improvements.- Fix for rare "red rectangle" effect on loading bar.- Quest tracking fixes.- Some cursor fixes connected with finishers in tight places.- Quest now won't update when Geralt is dead causing multiple problems.- Autosave mechanism fixes (numeration).- Savegame files fixes – some irrelevant information was sometimes generated inside.- The game won't make an autosave if Geralt has an effect preventing him from talking (like knockdown, stun, push) - the result would be no talking at all for the rest of the game.- Now you can't attack neutral NPCs if you input the second (etc.) sword sequence in them, while first attacking a hostile.- Dandelion's music won't be 'echoed' while changing location twice.- The game can handle broken savegames now – it returns to main menu.- Motion blur effect won't stay active despite Blizzard potion wearing off – drinking, then changing location, then cutscene.- Final fixes for weapons disappearing from enemies’ hands.- Grass and small stones being multiplied – fixed.- Fixes for receiving damage from Striga while being far away.Art bugs fixed:- Few level decoration fixes.- Fixes for barghest attack animation.

KsandrWarfire said:
Patch 1.2 Major Fixes======================================================
Awww, no more clever comments in the patch notes....."Mr. Geralt, we missed you..."

WOW It's so great!!! I've been waiting and almost about to loose my patience! Reading this was giving my heart strong jumps. Thought It was a joke, fortunately it is not. Thanks a lot for your hard work and well-done guys!PS: Do I need to uninstall the 1.1a patch before installing this or just go straight to the upgrade?

Cool, patch and contest prezzies arrived on the same day 8)Thanks a lot, game already runs smoother (particularly the loading times are better).

No bug fix for when you double click create a potion it uses the materials but fails to increase the quantity in your inventory? :(This happens to me all the time, especially (perhaps only) when creating White Gull. My best guess is this is related to the secondary properties of the potion not matching up so it's not allowing the stacking of the potions. However it doesn't add a new stack to my inventory either, it just disappears.

foumarc said:
We can't walk in OST view... :'(Thank anyway for the work CDP
Oh no! Still can't walk in OST view ? That's a shame. I was really hoping this would be possible with the new patch.Never mind.:)Scotty

PS: Do I need to uninstall the 1.1a patch before installing this or just go straight to the upgrade?
nope, just run the patch from anywhere on your system; it will figure out where you installed the game and fix 'er right up.

Top Bottom