Patch 1.2 available!

+
After installing this patch I began playing The Witcher from the very beginning (after a five week hiatus). The load times, which were my only gripe, have been greatly improved! Bravo CDProjekt!Seeing this game again with fresh eyes reminds me of the great achievement and adventure CDProjekt has presented us with. And an adult adventure at that! There have been so many self proclaimed "epic" games released this year. Most of these games have been huge disappointments.I think that The Witcher is not only a great achievement for 2007, but it’s also a great step forward in gaming. Such a powerful story set in unforgettably gorgeous environments that's geared towards and adult audience. Thank you CDProject!

VictoriousDead said:
VictoriousDead said:
I can't install the patch. The message says, "Can't write patch uninstall information." Help, anyone?
Have you installed the previous patch?
Yes. Currently my version is 1.1a.So, should I reinstall the game, or there is another way?

Deusuum said:
Deusuum said:
Deusuum, you shoud try to redownload the patch from another mirror.Use a download manager.
OK, I'll try to.
Tried 2 mirrors, and the problem stands... All right, first I'll finish the game, and then try to reinstall it.

It may possibly be that the folder is write-protected, that UAC is interfering if you have Vista, or that a firewall or anti-virus is blocking it. All of the previous are fairly unlikely though.This is the size of the english patch: 113 MB (118,657,928 bytes). Make sure your download matches, otherwise it's an incomplete download.

Khalan said:
It may possibly be that the folder is write-protected, that UAC is interfering if you have Vista, or that a firewall or anti-virus is blocking it. All of the previous are fairly unlikely though.This is the size of the english patch: 113 MB (118,657,928 bytes). Make sure your download matches, otherwise it's an incomplete download.
No, everything seems fine, I'm on XP, the size is OK, my anti-virus doesn't block it or anything... Funny.

skimbo said:
Just who the hell are CD Projket Red?They come out of nowhere (at least I've never heard of them) giving us a blindingly great game and awesome PR and status updates regarding patches and THEN they deliver the goods each time?!AMAZING. YOU GUYS f*!"ING RULE!You are truly an inspiration to other software companies. I bought Gears of War for my PC the same time I bought The Witcher. Epic with all there millions and creative/programming talent behind them could not put out a game that would work and kept people in the dark before releasing a stealth patch which still did not fix the multitude of problems some people had.People like Epic should be recognising people like CD Projekt Red in the industry - Bravo guys and keep up the good work.Toodles.Skimbo
PC version of Gears of War has been created by Polish developers too! (People Can Fly - devs of Painkiller) ;>

Deusuum, In my oppinion you should back-up your save games and try to reinstall the game...Or wait a little for some feedback from the DEV Team (I think this is the best solution).

AdrianXII said:
Deusuum, In my oppinion you should back-up your save games and try to reinstall the game...Or wait a little for some feedback from the DEV Team (I think this is the best solution).
Agreed. Thanks for trying to help me anyway.

You shouldn't have to back up your saves. I reinstalled The Witcher before and it keep them all, and didn't ask me to delete extra files from what I remember.

Great news!I was just thinking that it would be a good time to start the second playthrough. Now i can do it with the new patch installed :)Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone!

VictoriousDead said:
For people who can't download the patch correctly.1. Clear temporary internet files. This can cause problems in saving the whole thing.2. Try a different browser, and different download mirrors.3. Make sure your PC is up to date. Again, cant stress enough that the solution is often the most obvious or simplest. -.-I'll host a torrent for those having problems with FTP downloads.If anyone uses bittorrent here is a link to a torrrent, I uploadedIts clean, I wouldn't do something stupid to ban my account.http://www.torrentportal.com/details/1598316/.htmlEDIT: I just uploaded it, and I will seed at full bandwidth for awhile so get it while it lasts!
Thanks to the help given players and moderators earlier in this thread I was finally able to find an mirror that I could successfully download and install this patch.If it is going to be officially recommended that one considers a mirror site then it would be helpful if there was an acommpanying list.

DOgi said:
PC version of Gears of War has been created by Polish developers too! (People Can Fly - devs of Painkiller) ;>
There's an interesting story there.People can Fly originally approched Epic (the creators of Unreal Engine 3) to use their engine on their next Painkiller game. They presented a demo to Epic who were so impressed they hired People Can Fly to produce the 'extra' content for the PC version of Gears of War. Epic were even more impressed with what People Can Fly had come up with and not only entrusted them with the entire PC port, they also bought the company too :D

Hi Guys,Vote for the game on GameSpot, best RPG category: http://www.gamespot.com/best-of/genreawards/index.html?page=10.Cheers,J.

I hope a modder will make possible walking in OST view , but it seems too diifficult to the dev's to do it... so it will be for the modders.. ::)WE WANT WALK!!!!!! :mad:

johnjk2209 said:
Hi Guys,Vote for the game on GameSpot, best RPG category: http://www.gamespot.com/best-of/genreawards/index.html?page=10.Cheers,J.
I won't vote for the best RPG until we can't walk... :p

Well, even if I also want REALLY BAD a WALK feature and I am quite disapointed of it's absence, I actually voted.Ok, did my part, now devs, pls gief walk mode in OTS! :D

So well guys, how did the improvements work? Do I have to restart my game in order to play with the new patch? Quick answer plx

Top Bottom