Patch 1.2

+
You didn't specify which GTA but in V when you drive fast on the highway it's fairly packed. One my pass times in that game when I was bored was to go around the map without crashing at full speed. You simply don't get an experience like this in CP as many of the highway roads are empty.
Ah yes I get what you meant. I was meant to specifically talking about the pedestrian density. But yes I agree with your point in regard with vehicle, maybe when they figure out the most efficient way to stream the vehicles, we can have it, eh. Fingers crossed!

Ah yes I get what you meant. I was meant to specifically talking about the pedestrian density. But yes I agree with your point in regard with vehicle, maybe when they figure out the most efficient way to stream the vehicles, we can have it, eh. Fingers crossed!
I don't think they'll ever improve that because that's how they've segmented the game. Maybe I'm wrong but I feel like some roads exist solely as loading screens (if that makes sense). When you're on them the game prepares the area you're heading to so they made these loading screens as empty as possible. And sometimes you can even see cars disappear when they cross certain lines into these loading screens.

Honestly, visuals are definitely not amazing if you're playing on less than 1440p. The TAA is too agressive and destructive.
So maybe I'm blind or something, cause I can't see any of what you say. I'm sure It gets better from 1440p to above, can't argue about that, but the 1080p experience is far from suffer such a degradation...or maybe I'm misunderstanding what you say?

Can you explain it in more detail, please? Thanks in advance.

"many of the highways" not all. And I'm not here to trash this game so don't antagonize me so much. In my experience that's the only road you can do that on.
Im not trying to anagonize you but what you are saying is simply not true. here have another video from me I dont see how this is any different from gta 5 in terms of npc density and its totally different road than the one I linked before. so your argument falls apart.

Last edited:
But that's exactly what happens in your video. Pedestrians and traffic start to increase in density only when you're stopped or going slow for the turns. It's not easily noticeable deep in the city because there are many turns and you can't go very fast but when you do go fast the density of the population (pedestrians and traffic) is reduced.

I'm on PC @exxxed

I've tested it on both a new save and an older save, this doesn't happen to me at all.

Is your game on an HDD or SSD?

So Altough the mods allready "stack" in character stats, they make no difference gameplay wise. Inserted crit damage / cri chance mods and the damage was exactly the same as with no mods. This is Game breaking for me, the rpg elements of the game are completely broken, gear is unnecessary. My sniper rifle Which is not a Tech Weapon shots passes trough walls which is also game breaking... Also, went to inventory and some mods dont have textures on them.

Im not trying to anagonize you but what you are saying is simply not true. here have another video from me I dont see how this is any different from gta 5 in terms of npc density and its totally different road than the one I linked before. so your argument falls apart.

Alright, I uploaded one too. But I'm not going to make this a habit just to prove how our experiences are different.

As you can see the roads are mostly empty save for when I slow down to turn. And at the roundabout where you get the ping hack from (@1:50) it's completely deserted where before 1.2 it would be jampacked with people and cars regardless. Now I have to stop there to see it populated again.

@exxxed I'm using an SSD.

The verdict is in. The difference between CP2077 and GTA V in Traffic/Population density is the end-user. Every player gets the same game with GTA V, but with CP2077 it's a different experience for everyone.

I would like to add in this regard that at least in my case the predisposition when it comes to playing is different. GTA encourages the player to do a lot of crazy things, to try absurdities and live up to its qualification as a sandbox, while CP, due to the background of its history and general context, does not invite it.
I suppose that players who want to reproduce what they do in certain Rockstar titles or the Saints Row saga are justifiably disappointed and therefore believe they see the seams in the game.
This does not mean that CP does not give any margin to generate enjoyable chaotic situations, but as I say, they are born from a very very different premise from GTA.

I admit I'm not a mayhem seeker to run/kill the police after or have a chase but stuff happens, you know.
But I do love the lore of cyberpunk and even in 2077 the world is constantly telling us that the NCPD is overworked, undermanned and underpowered, yet their effectiveness torwards the player is omnipresent and awsome.
What I think wouldn't break the immersion for me without having to change AI or pathfinder systems would be 2 steps:
1. No NCPD at all in Pacifica and the badlands; let the players that want to cause mayhem do so at will. We're killing pixels here and I'm sure it would get boring eventually, if not there will be fun.
2. A police spawn randomizer. You still get stars but they may or may not spawn. After 4 or 5 stars they allways do.

Didn't caught all of the discussion, but have you tried a full clean install?
Thats a good question, especially when people have used mods like myself. Maybe these mods even after deleting them produce shit with 1.2?!

Here a vid that shows the disappearing 2d models in the distance but thats known bullshit I presume. Might never get improved/fixed.
And here other shit that disappears and appears, constantly changes behind me:
Gotta capture in better video quality next time though....

Alright, I uploaded one too. But I'm not going to make this a habit just to prove how our experiences are different.

As you can see the roads are mostly empty save for when I slow down to turn. And at the roundabout where you get the ping hack from (@1:50) it's completely deserted where before 1.2 it would be jampacked with people and cars regardless. Now I have to stop there to see it populated again.

@exxxed I'm using an SSD.

What's your population density setting?

And just for posterity, is it just on your current character or across all characters including a new game?

Have you tried an older save game, perhaps if you have one whilst in a car surrounded by traffic and/or pedestrians?

What's your population density setting?

And just for posterity, is it just on your current character or across all characters including a new game?

Have you tried an older save game, perhaps if you have one whilst in a car surrounded by traffic and/or pedestrians?
On the beginning of the video the "Crowd Density" is set to high.

Oh... You can still get up to V's mansion early, but you can't go inside, the doors no longer open.

You're correct they blocked this... I can still reach my Mansion (where I live in game) by FreeFly Mod and Teleport gateway mod, but the damned door won't work. I have to clip through the door using FreeFly now. I tried using Appearance Menu on the door and it doesn't have an open state you can access.

I mean, really WHY nerf such a simple freedom from us... ? this is poor judgement.. akin to 'Nanny State' censorship. I've read a lot of comments on how they have restricted climbing access and parkour ease between buildings, and I am surprised anyone would be so narrow minded as to clamp down on an already disgruntled audience in the process of patching a 'zillion' bugs and that they had the will and the time to institute policies which appear to be designed to stop us from exploration, and departing from the linear game storyline...Imagine someone actually thinking 'let's stop them doing that' and putting in a work ticket to cancel the door opening option..wow, a serious 'killjoy' attitude. Frankly I expected more maturity than this... Bah !

Last edited:
Top Bottom