Patch 1.5 & Next-Generation Update — list of changes

+
What I would like to see in the future are new areas added to the map. Maybe a new town in the desert.

There is already an entire (deserted) ghost town town, they could just put NPC spawns out there with a street merchant after finishing certain quests (like the town is repopulating). The town has working electrical and water already with nice buildings just no people (spawns).

All good fixes, and I would've been very happy a year ago, but this list is very underwhelming considering there is no new story content, nor any alternate or post story gameplay.

Maybe you will offer a paid DLC next year with some new content, adding a few cosmetics is not what I expect or want from DLC's, free or otherwise.
But in the mean time, I won't risk updating my 1.02 version of the game.

First of all congratulations and force to all developers and strength to the whole company going forward as it seems true changes are being done internally, it certainly appears as such; and that's rare by itself in companies competing in this media.
Am very impressed with the patch notes, loved the stream until the very end where I got disappointed as hell with that yellow summary of changes by platform saying "Improved crowd reactions" not present in ps4 (I play on ps4 pro ext SSD). In the image that's the only AI section. But on the patch notes it reads all 1.5. (not next gen) features are coming to all platforms except the one where some npc arquetypes may turn hostile back at you (I had suggested this very thing in some thread) and some surprises (by Pawel? XD) across the city. So I'm a bit bummed about the first one, really wanted it but can understand why it isn't manageable on old gen, even the pro.
Anyway finished download and am getting the "corrupted installation, delete and ... other disc... reinstall" so can't go into the game to check it out. Any pro users were able to play this patch? How is the crowd/combat/drivers AI, the despawning...?
I'm now reinstalling, will arrive tomorrow so don't know what to say about the patch on old gen yet; but I really hope the other features work, otherwise it needs to be addressed.
Anyway the amount of work that was put into this patch is incredible, the new direction is clear, It became expected a continuation of this line of work into improving these systems and a new enthusiasm was felt throughout the stream and in the way they are hearing players and incorporating the feedback with their vision (also what of these they intended to have from the start but weren't able to back then?). I really feel the core of CDPR likes loving their projects and sharing them with the player community. But if they found the old gen won't be able to acompany this progress or can't split the teams into acompanying more sets of optimization/criativity in how to put in motion similar features on weaker systems they need to come clean about it now.

edit: ok just checked a streamer playing on the ps4 pro and it was just me watching and he was nice so I asked him to try the AI stuff and all seem to be working except the hostile npcs. I have to say I'm reliefed; didn't watch much combat though and that I want to try for myself

Last edited:
FFS at level 50 and now cant use Overwatch or a bunch if weapon mods to full potential as it requres body 10? If this was the case there should have been a full attributes reset as welll as perks
The attribute reset was already annoying, but this just made me not want to deal with the entire mess. I just wanted to check out some of the new stuff before starting a new playthrough, guess that's not happening as my build is just broken now.

I just realized that this effectively nerfs quickhacks... again. You can now only put crit chance mods on face armor like glasses. Those only have 1 slot typically. Legendary fortuna only increases crit chance by 4%. My base crit chance is 15%. That means I can only get crit chance with quickhacks to 19%. That kinda sucks. Is cdpr trying to phase out quickhacking? The way they're changing things, pretty soon quickhacking's gonna be as good as useless. It's already nowhere near as fun as it was in the beginning. Oh well. We'll see what they do with the next update...

I just realized that this effectively nerfs quickhacks... again. You can now only put crit chance mods on face armor like glasses. Those only have 1 slot typically. Legendary fortuna only increases crit chance by 4%. My base crit chance is 15%. That means I can only get crit chance with quickhacks to 19%. That kinda sucks. Is cdpr trying to phase out quickhacking? The way they're changing things, pretty soon quickhacking's gonna be as good as useless. It's already nowhere near as fun as it was in the beginning. Oh well. We'll see what they do with the next update...
I killed enemies with a single glance. That wasn't much fun either...

From what I read about the leaked source code, its a bit of a mess. So perhaps this is why its difficult for them to patch and why the patches are taking so long to develop?
Considering the rush job the game was initially, I wouldn't be surprised if the code was a mess.

They don't use mods AS IS because it's a piecemeal. I don't mean that in a derrogatory sense, but literal. It's literally attaching more work on top of what's already done. You're increasing instructions to achieve a result when the ideal is to reduce instructions as much as possible to increase absolute performance. As for legalese; CDPR could literally take the entirety of a mod code, for THIS GAME, and throw it in the game(if it worked ideally) and nothing could come of it. EULA.
Cool. I've never modded. Like I said, it was just a theory. With how popular a lot of the mods are, I'm surprised they haven't incorporated more of them

Hey CDPR! Imagine you purchased a collectors edition of a game right with a figurine an everything, then you install the Game and it doesn’t work.
You then go trough a hole year trying it out every time a new patch comes out and it still performs bad but a little better for every patch, so you think to yourself ok at least they are trying to fix it and I’m thankful for that cus it seems to be a great game.

More than a year later and after a long wait since the latest patch you today put on a god live stream and really got me exited to play the game I bought
and been trying to play for almost a year now only to make me miserable at the ending of your live stream were you show me that because I’m on a PlayStation4 pro I’m stuck with the same stupid crowd AI ??? I’m not getting that ??? and when I install the update to see if this is really the case, because to me this is a stupid joke, the data is corrupted and I can’t even START THE GAME!
Are you guys serious???

Last edited:
er no...

The mods "game mechanics" belong to the IP holder as you are only given permission to make a mod for the game if you agree to that. This shields DEV and rightly so. This is the way Bethesda has done it for decades and I would bet it is the same for most DEV that allow mods. This would be found in the TOS. Bethesda has "borrowed" many mods to put them in their games with out compensations to the mod author and in my case (Oblivion Combat Archery mod used in Skyrim) with out even thanking me by name. I have my doughts if this would hold up in court for original art work (like models or textures) but for game mechanics it is a done deal. Been that way for decades with Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout...

I would be shocked if CDPR did not have the same protection.

Ah, it was a theory.

The vehicles are already customized by default. I never felt the desire to want to customize it. This isn't a Forza game. They have better things to focus on.
You know what he means. Having six different version of the Type-66 isn't the "customization" we're asking for here. Considering it's yet another feature a competitor (Rockstar) has included since the PS2 era (GTA3), it's not unreasonable to expect something that basic for Cyberpunk to have, and it'll certainly get it at some point, that's almost guaranteed (especially considering we're now officially able to do that with our character and our apartment), so what will your excuse me after they do finally patch it in?
Post automatically merged:

I think they're just trying to reduce the ease and effectiveness of crit builds in general. They were ridiculously overpowered, though I did kinda like that.

On the list, I still cant see the fixing of legendary light machine, where it can only 1 mods slot and wont allow to put 4 of them and when will they fix where we can go in to Maelstrom Merchant so I could buy get the legendary TecH DB.

This patch seems to be all about experiencing the game on a new play through, there is very little for those who have done everything.

In the meantime, sprinting no longer works, I can now walk but can't run.

• Added interactions in the homes of love interests, including sleeping in bed with a given partner.
This doesn't appear to work
You still can't sleep in your tent at the Nomad camp
There is still no full support in photo mode for 21:9 monitors
I will add more if I find any bugs

er no...

The mods "game mechanics" belong to the IP holder as you are only given permission to make a mod for the game if you agree to that. This shields DEV and rightly so. This is the way Bethesda has done it for decades and I would bet it is the same for most DEV that allow mods. This would be found in the TOS. Bethesda has "borrowed" many mods to put them in their games with out compensations to the mod author and in my case (Oblivion Combat Archery mod used in Skyrim) with out even thanking me by name. I have my doughts if this would hold up in court for original art work (like models or textures) but for game mechanics it is a done deal. Been that way for decades with Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout...

I would be shocked if CDPR did not have the same protection.

More often than not, the IP in the game will belong to the developer, but mods (to the extent they are original) will be owned by the modder. Disputes can arise between modders themselves, for example where one user alleges that a particular mod has plagiarised or made unauthorised use of that user's own creation.

Seems it's actually gonna be case by case and whether the content of the mod was entirely original. For example, if a modder creates a brand new car and injects it into the game, CDPR wouldn't have any rights to that asset, as it would be an entirely original creation of the modder. Yes, studios have gotten in trouble trying to pull things before with original modded content.

Top Bottom