Patch 1.5 & Next-Generation Update — list of changes

+
Anyone know what this is about...?
I made a separate post on another thread but for anyone wondering here is google translate's version
1645451911015.jpg

Dear developers
I started a new playtrough on very hard and discovered very hard is still doable and there are a lot of positive changes made. Driving is improved (suspension etc.), water changes, skipping time animation timer changes a nice touch, same with skill progression bars, the small graphic details added, it makes a lot of difference, the game looks much more polished overall. The Heist roof top guards change make me smile. And is it me or new sounds were added?
That being said I would like to touch on the negatives, the things making the playing experience less fun.
1) The game was purposefully made harder, in 1.5 (in order to last longer I guess), and that would be OK IF the nerfing had been done as a toggle option and a community been informed in advance. Apply nerfing weapons to hard and very hard is OK but as a blanket nerfing it doesn’t make sense, is not a multiplayer game, so you just screwed players ongoing builds. Bullet sponge comes to mind. Again.
2) Most aggravating for me was arcade style shoot the drones with a pistol, at the end of the Heist. You are not allowed even to exchange the weapon with another one from inventory. Why??? The difficulty was raised making it terribly difficult even downgrading the difficulty to EASY. Make it shippable. It does not add to the story or enjoyment, it just add aggravation. I don’t know how other vehicle shooting were modified after that as I was not able to progress further in 1.5. Big let down. Making it difficult for the sake of it does not improve the game. Especially hard when computer is dropping frames, at 10-20 fps it becomes a nightmare to drive or shoot. You should try (at 20fps) that chase yourselves, and not allowed to have a toilet break until you beat it :)
3) Quick navigation is disabled for me, for some reason, clicking on blue dots does nothing so now I have to drive all over the map. Anyone else experiencing this with or without mods? The good side is that I get to experience more great visuals moving through Night City at a slower pace.
4)Is skipping main quest an option? For the people who already finished the game, could you add at least an optional skip sequence for all, and I mean ALL cinematic sequences and dialogues we are railroaded through, including Johnny Silverhand intermezzo, the few mandatory car chase, Panam tank shooting tutorial, scavs and last mission tank shooting , power plant drone chase, UAV drone chase, and BD scanning for River, for Peralez, the Flathead, Johnny helicopter scene and capture, V encounter with Johnny in the apartment, Victor’s first implant scene, Victor’s scene start act 2, and before last mission etc., let us save anywhere, and yes, that includes the Secret Ending, and so on, you get the picture. Yes, we love the game, that’s why some of us played through multiple times, we did that, we’ve seen those scenes, many many times, and for my part I would like to have the option to skip them now, with the click of a button. And just enjoy Night City.
I am grateful you made at least the BD tutorial in Judy’s basement skippable. That’s a start.
5) For some reason there is to much sonic pollution in certain areas. I am talking about multiple radio sources blasting the same song. Sometimes an annoying feedback effect happens like when you have a speaker close to a microphone kind of thing. I don’t know why you have to have so many sound sources crowded in a small area?
That being said, soundtrack overall is so good, makes me want to buy a CD. Or few of them for that matter. I noticed in the last playtrough, a very nice drone like sound track while moving to the city. Much closer to the Blade Runner-Technomancer atmospheric sound that Night City should have. Congrats to the audio team.

Dear developers
I started a new playtrough on very hard and discovered very hard is still doable and there are a lot of positive changes made. Driving is improved (suspension etc.), water changes, skipping time animation timer changes a nice touch, same with skill progression bars, the small graphic details added, it makes a lot of difference, the game looks much more polished overall. The Heist roof top guards change make me smile. And is it me or new sounds were added?
That being said I would like to touch on the negatives, the things making the playing experience less fun.
1) The game was purposefully made harder, in 1.5 (in order to last longer I guess), and that would be OK IF the nerfing had been done as a toggle option and a community been informed in advance. Apply nerfing weapons to hard and very hard is OK but as a blanket nerfing it doesn’t make sense, is not a multiplayer game, so you just screwed players ongoing builds. Bullet sponge comes to mind. Again.
2) Most aggravating for me was arcade style shoot the drones with a pistol, at the end of the Heist. You are not allowed even to exchange the weapon with another one from inventory. Why??? The difficulty was raised making it terribly difficult even downgrading the difficulty to EASY. Make it shippable. It does not add to the story or enjoyment, it just add aggravation. I don’t know how other vehicle shooting were modified after that as I was not able to progress further in 1.5. Big let down. Making it difficult for the sake of it does not improve the game. Especially hard when computer is dropping frames, at 10-20 fps it becomes a nightmare to drive or shoot. You should try (at 20fps) that chase yourselves, and not allowed to have a toilet break until you beat it :)
3) Quick navigation is disabled for me, for some reason, clicking on blue dots does nothing so now I have to drive all over the map. Anyone else experiencing this with or without mods? The good side is that I get to experience more great visuals moving through Night City at a slower pace.
4)Is skipping main quest an option? For the people who already finished the game, could you add at least an optional skip sequence for all, and I mean ALL cinematic sequences and dialogues we are railroaded through, including Johnny Silverhand intermezzo, the few mandatory car chase, Panam tank shooting tutorial, scavs and last mission tank shooting , power plant drone chase, UAV drone chase, and BD scanning for River, for Peralez, the Flathead, Johnny helicopter scene and capture, V encounter with Johnny in the apartment, Victor’s first implant scene, Victor’s scene start act 2, and before last mission etc., let us save anywhere, and yes, that includes the Secret Ending, and so on, you get the picture. Yes, we love the game, that’s why some of us played through multiple times, we did that, we’ve seen those scenes, many many times, and for my part I would like to have the option to skip them now, with the click of a button. And just enjoy Night City.
I am grateful you made at least the BD tutorial in Judy’s basement skippable. That’s a start.
5) For some reason there is to much sonic pollution in certain areas. I am talking about multiple radio sources blasting the same song. Sometimes an annoying feedback effect happens like when you have a speaker close to a microphone kind of thing. I don’t know why you have to have so many sound sources crowded in a small area?
That being said, soundtrack overall is so good, makes me want to buy a CD. Or few of them for that matter. I noticed in the last playtrough, a very nice drone like sound track while moving to the city. Much closer to the Blade Runner-Technomancer atmospheric sound that Night City should have. Congrats to the audio team.
Don't agree with everything but with many anyhow. About the sound I wish there was a tv volume only setting and if players wanted to, they could set them back louder how they used to be in the beggining. with TVs now streaming in much closer to player (on old gen) I don't know if that cacofonie of early patches could come back but I really appreciated that. Made NC sound really unique, now it sounds more like a contemporary busy metropolis. But the new sounds are amazing, like coughing really close to us (...).

2) Most aggravating for me was arcade style shoot the drones with a pistol, at the end of the Heist. You are not allowed even to exchange the weapon with another one from inventory. Why??? The difficulty was raised making it terribly difficult even downgrading the difficulty to EASY. Make it shippable.
My guess, a bug.
It serve no purpose (I knew the quest before, like many players I suppose), but I specially placed a SMG with electrical damages (the best against robots/drones) in my first slot in prevision of this fight.
Not because I can't change it (I didn't knew that in advance), but just because it's the weapon in the first slot who is selected at first.

So finally, it's just annoying, nothing more. Maybe report this "bug" to the support could be a good idea ;)
Post automatically merged:

A little change. Yes, it toke time, but in 1.5 the giant wheel is "fixed" :)
21-02-2022_17-22-33-0leaezyv.png

Last edited:
a question for you guys, I'm really taking it slow. the fixer missions only unlock once you finish all their gigs on screen or street cred will unlock gigs also? it's a pity if there isn't a way of choosing not to do some missions but do others. I hope the unlock is just more expanded, that's a good thing.

a question for you guys, I'm really taking it slow. the fixer missions only unlock once you finish all their gigs on screen or street cred will unlock gigs also? it's a pity if there isn't a way of choosing not to do some missions but do others. I hope the unlock is just more expanded, that's a good thing.
Hum, I think you have to complete GIGs before others get unlocked.
Currently, I have reached the 50SC and many GIGs still locked. These GIGs don't appear on the map (I know there are here^^), I passed nearby to complete the NCPD Scanner Hustles and nothing happen (no call from fixers). So I suppose I have to complete those who appear at first (maybe if I complete one, another would be unlocked).

Hum, I think you have to complete GIGs before others get unlocked.
Currently, I have reached the 50SC and many GIGs still locked. These GIGs don't appear on the map (I know there are here^^), I passed nearby to complete the NCPD Scanner Hustles and nothing happen (no call from fixers). So I suppose I have to complete those who appear at first (maybe if I complete one, another would be unlocked).
thanks. Really? That's unfortunate. There goes the puzzle and playing gigs on different orders

Incredible job CDPR! HDR is finally working properly across the board, not just on the PS5, thank you for fixing, looks amazing both on the 3090 and PS5 on my LG G1 without mods. You know it's fixed when your kid on his IPS panel comes in and says, "Dad, my computer doesn't look like that!". Played 1.5 since launch on the PS5 and crashed only once, unreal, it's more reliable than the PC! Just amazing what you've accomplished on the PS5 with a mere 200w of power. Well done.

I would prefer just removing Ray Tracing on the PS5 as an option, that wasted my life for 2 minutes which I will never get back :p

thanks. Really? That's unfortunate. There goes the puzzle and playing gigs on different orders
Yep really, normally, at this moment (i.e almost finish to clear all the NCPD Scaner Hustles on the map "on foot" to reach the level 30 as fast as possible), my journal is full of GIGs (I trigger all the calls when I pass nearby^^)
Currently : Five in total (all fixers include) :D

There are more on the map (but far from all^^) Screenshot upload in progress :)
Post automatically merged:

Here they are (I didn't complete any GIG for any fixers), So it's all the GIGs available with SC 50 without working for fixers once.
22-02-2022_02-57-15-f0h5gcrn.jpg

Last edited:
...inside the Glen apartment.
Is anyone else having the same glitches?

Great patch all in all! Now the city and the game in general looks and feels alive than before.

Here are some of the bugs and glitches that i encountered so far.... (Playing on the PS5):
- Traffic does not spawn for a short time every time i drive at max speed. Cars magically appear in front and behind me on all streets and highways when driving fast (especially when driving fast and then suddenly breaking/stopping) for both day and night time.
- Although this bug/glitch rarely happens, there are also times when crowd and traffic does not spawn at all for both day and night time.
- NPCs on some quests/gigs like GIG: MONSTER HUNT will suddenly be on alert mode even when you or a dead/unconscious body is not detected when approached on stealth gameplay (All NPCs in the area are tagged and all dead/unconscious NPCs are hidden).
- There are instances where the NPC tagging (R3 on the PS5) does not function.
- Typical NPC stuttering (Glitch where NPCs is sitting and standing simultaneously)
- Invisible chair NPCs (Glitch where NPCs are sitting in mid-air)
- Vehicles suddenly getting launched into space when getting hit.

Here are some the things that i hope will be improved and added besides bug/glitch fixes on for future patches:
- Motorcycles in traffic. There are no Motorcycles in the moving traffic AI at all besides those that are parked on sidewalks.
- New Game +
- Transmog system
- More lifepath specific events and sequences (and consequences)
- Metro System
- Better Police Wanted System. Something that is similar or almost similar to the GTA Police system.
- Vehicle customization for both Cars and Motorcycles.
- And of course... Story Expansions!

These are just some on the top of my head. I know i'm just an average gamer and it looks like i'm asking a lot. But i believe in this game and i think it has the potential to be one the greatest games of all time if done and fixed right. Looking forward to the future of this game and CDPR in general. Thank you, Chooms!

Last edited:
I have a DualSense shame none of the features will support on PC even vibration...
I feel the same way. I use an Xbox controller on the PC and it works great with Cyberpunk vibration, just no controller audio or trigger feedback. I almost like playing Cyberpunk on the PS5 more than the PC right now just because of the audio in the controller. I'd prefer the incoming voice calls to also come from the DualSense though, seems like a more adequate place. Or at least an option for this. I found the trigger feedback to be a bit wonky on the PS5 but I need more time to evaluate.

Top Bottom