Patch 1.62 — Ray Tracing: Overdrive Mode

+
Nobody asked for this. Except for Nvidia and Intel, most likely. Please expand the game with more content instead of being a marketing puppet for hardware brands. A customer revenue stream is more sustainable than a hardware manufacturer one. What if Intel quits the GPU market and Nvidia finds a new toy to promote how shiny surfaces get in game?
I literally asked for this yesterday. Finally, it is comparable to Quake2.

Once again, salt levels are getting a wee bit high in here. Calm your collective tits. This happens with every patch. In every game ever. Can we chill on the haterade for five seconds? Just sit, chill, wait for mods to update, wait for a hotfix and everything will be okay.

All the outrage over nothing is somewhat entertaining. It's not like this patch, and it's content, or what it didn't contain, was ever a secret. Everything was clear a long time ago, including that this would break mods, yet, here we are.

I'm almost enjoying this.

2.png
1.png
Anyone know what is this problem?After the newest update, the icon became garbled.ALSO, my
graphics card has been updated to the latest version.

you can disable auto-updates, all patches are optional. That's kind of on you. Also, I can guarantee that this update wasn't implemented by the same people who fix content bugs. I'll never understand people complaining about new game updates. 1.7 will have bug fixes.
I know dude,
Just NO, CDPR should have made this patch as OPTIONAL with a warning message, regardless of how I manage my updates.
And I prefer to call a spade a spade, this is not a patch, and this kind of sneaky and lame Nvidia PR, I pointed out and criticized in my post.
Post automatically merged:

I literally asked for this yesterday. Finally, it is comparable to Quake2.
Ha ha, your post may be too subtle for CDPR and Nvidia.

Updated but not able to enter the main menu any more, gane will stuck at start screen

Attachments

• 1681228237748.png
    1681228237748.png
    7.5 MB · Views: 48
Once again, salt levels are getting a wee bit high in here. Calm your collective tits. This happens with every patch. In every game ever. Can we chill on the haterade for five seconds? Just sit, chill, wait for mods to update, wait for a hotfix and everything will be okay.
aww cmn thats not true - not every patch on every game breaks as much as the few latest ones by cdpr (witcher/cp) - honestly thats a bs call and you know that. by all love for the game - you cant be serious here.

aww cmn thats not true - not every patch on every game breaks as much as the few latest ones by cdpr (witcher/cp) - honestly thats a bs call and you know that. by all love for the game - you cant be serious here.
Patches may not break all games/mods, but they have the potential to do so. Hell, the last couple of patches for BG3 broke all my mods and I couldn't remove my mods to unbreak it so I just uninstalled the game and erased all the game files. I'm waiting until it's fully released to try to play again. It happens. This isn't a CDPR-only problem. That's my damn point. Everyone needs to put down their damn pitchforks and torches. This is not the way.

did you have any mods installed? I had to manually delete a bunch of folders in the install directory and then do a repair install. This game really needs a mod manager, and if it has one, I need to start using it.
I'm not sure if I have installed any mods. I did browse third person mods. How can I find out which mods I have installed?

Got any mods? Or ever had any mods running?

That would most likely be the reason if the answer to either of those questions is yes.
How can I find out which mods I have installed?I am reinstalling Steam

I don't know when it will be fixed, this bug is from the very beginning of the game.
The shadows of the character, or rather the hands, are duplicated when you insert hand implants. How it looks in the screenshot below.

in the Japanese quarter there, or rather the area where the task with Judy in the clouds is carried out. There, the asphalt on the roads is broken. as if there is not enough high-quality texture and it is in the whole area Also the screenshot below

Please fix all the implanite hands, praying mantises, monostring gorilla hands, bazooka hands, what else did I forget? And that’s all, they’re constantly bugging, the monostring doesn’t behave very well, as if it’s not a flexible cord but a wire, the praying mantis also has a broken animation, the gorilla’s hands have gotten better, now there’s no traffic light when you put on some thermal module, but it becomes standard if you take the weapon to hands

There is also a katana from a witcher - they changed the craft, now you need to improve it, so the idea is good, but when you have level 50 and you finally want to make it, when it is improved, you are not allowed to improve it again, because the required level for improvement becomes 51

sorry, translated into English by Google from Ukrainian

Cyberpunk 2077 Screenshot 2023.03.12 - 17.13.16.68.png
Знімок екрана 2023-04-11 191318.png

[...]
I'm not sure if I have installed any mods. I did browse third person mods. How can I find out which mods I have installed?

How can I find out which mods I have installed?I am reinstalling Steam

You would, or at least should, know.

You have to install mods so if all you ever did is browse mods, you didn't install any.

Try verifying game files through Steam before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Patches may not break all games/mods, but they have the potential to do so. Hell, the last couple of patches for BG3 broke all my mods and I couldn't remove my mods to unbreak it so I just uninstalled the game and erased all the game files. I'm waiting until it's fully released to try to play again. It happens. This isn't a CDPR-only problem. That's my damn point. Everyone needs to put down their damn pitchforks and torches. This is not the way.
Im not speaking about how patches break mods but the game itself - if you only meant mods than its a missunderstanding and my bad. I meant outcome of the last Witcher Next gen patch which made it nearly unplayable on ps5 or several cp patches which brought more bugs than they fixed. and that is totally uncommon and not comparable with other games. Its most prob a REDEngine issue imo. which hopefully „fade away“ if they start using UE ^^

I'm not sure what kinds of games you play, but I have over 400 games cumulatively on GOG and Steam, ranging from Tripple-A to indie, and I never had another game like Cyberpunk, which would straight out break after applying a patch. Not even original Stalker did that.

[...]
Im not speaking about how patches break mods but the game itself - if you only meant mods than its a missunderstanding and my bad. I meant outcome of the last Witcher Next gen patch which made it nearly unplayable on ps5 or several cp patches which brought more bugs than they fixed. and that is totally uncommon and not comparable with other games. Its most prob a REDEngine issue imo. which hopefully „fade away“ if they start using UE ^^
Not just talking mods. BG3 broke for me so that I couldn't create a male character, even after I deleted all mods in case that was the issue. I rarely got any bugs with each CP77 patch, but then again I'm on PC so my experience varies from a console player. Like I said, I don't believe this is a CDPR-only problem and ppl acting like it is, is ridiculous. Then again, it's the in thing to be mad all the time these days so...

Last edited by a moderator:
Attacking other people is against the rules, and will not be tolerated. Additionally, please refrain from purposely baiting other users.
Please on topic, too.

Posts deleted and edited.

Surprised by the amount of people complaining. This patch is exactly what it was advertised before release and it was announced like two or three weeks ago.

Unfortunately, for me, this patch does nothing and won't for at least a year, but those who own a top of the shelf 40 series graphic cards should enjoy the next level visuals.

Surprised by the amount of people complaining. This patch is exactly what it was advertised before release and it was announced like two or three weeks ago.

Unfortunately, for me, this patch does nothing and won't for at least a year, but those who own a top of the shelf 40 series graphic cards should enjoy the next level visuals.
The patch does nothing for me either. Can't even benefit from the improvements in photomode due to my outdated system. It is what it is. The only thing I'm doing now is waiting for mod updates and a hotfix for a possible breaking of the photomode itself as I heard ppl can't save their photos.

Nobody asked for this. Except for Nvidia and Intel, most likely. Please expand the game with more content instead of being a marketing puppet for hardware brands. A customer revenue stream is more sustainable than a hardware manufacturer one. What if Intel quits the GPU market and Nvidia finds a new toy to promote how shiny surfaces get in game?

I asked for this even though I don't have a 4000 series Nvidia graphics card (yet) Why? Because someone has to push technology forward and someone has to be first and in this case Nvidia is pushing the technology forward and CDPR is boldly being first to use it.

Top Bottom