Patch Notes 9.3

+
Well, atm yes. Only relicts can compete. Or is there some other tier 1-ish MO deck that i'm not aware of?
#1 I'm not against buffing other archetypes within MO like Wild Hunt or Vampires and #2 if you can't compete with relicts without being able to Caranthir Koschey it's an l2p issue, simple as that.

#1 I'm not against buffing other archetypes within MO like Wild Hunt or Vampires and #2 if you can't compete with relicts without being able to Caranthir Koschey it's an l2p issue, simple as that.
Do you understand how many buffs Wild Hunt or Vampires need to even be worth considering a Tier 3 deck ?

Do you understand how many buffs Wild Hunt or Vampires need to even be worth considering a Tier 3 deck ?
Vampires for sure would need a lot of support to be able to compete in the current meta, WH I feel more is a case of could use some tweaks here and there. Anyways, there's no reason it shouldn't be done because they are both insanely fun to play, and everyone would enjoy if every MO deck they meet wouldn't be just relicts.

if you can't compete with relicts without being able to Caranthir Koschey it's an l2p issue, simple as that.
That's just too funny :)))). Honestly, i don't think i even need to say anything to a well thought out argument like that :))))))

Vampires for sure would need a lot of support to be able to compete in the current meta, WH I feel more is a case of could use some tweaks here and there. Anyways, there's no reason it shouldn't be done because they are both insanely fun to play, and everyone would enjoy if every MO deck they meet wouldn't be just relicts.
Sure, I would enjoy it is Vampires, Wild Hunt and Relicts would all be worth playing.
The issue is that the first 2 did not even get a single buff (let alone a noticable one) and thus they are complete trash, so only Relicts can be viable and your conclusion is then that Relicts as well should not be playable, since it would be the only competent MO deck.
So in summary you would rather not a single MO deck being worth using, than having only 1.

The nerf to MO relicts makes sense, altho they nerfed it to the ground now which seems overkill.

It's beyond me that SY hasn't been touched at all and it was at least as strong and maybe even stronger than MO relicts.
Thats what i am talking about.

Why this "nerf tô The ground" in MO, while LP havent been touched?

And while MO it was tier 2 in The others past moth, LP was always tier 1.

Also, i agree MO needs a nerf, but só huge nerf?

I mean selfeater now you need to play her, more 3 relicts cards to make her vale for 11 points and pray for the opponent dont kill The 1 point splitted, wich is really easy to kill After The second Split.

While blightmakers with 6p its an instante 11 points and a thinning.

Its that fair?

Not sure I understand (or like) this barrage of neutral card buffs lately. It started with the Royal Decree buff that made no sense last patch and continues here. They are trending towards being (and some already are) better than faction cards. Why is that good?

Now, ST changes are... pointless. I'm especially baffled by the Ranger change. It's a poison card. Why would you increase deploy damage on a poison card??? It makes zero sense. I could understand it maybe if you changed it to: Deploy: Damage a unit by 2, THEN poison a unit, but as it is, it's just silly. The panther is still too weak at 4p and there's still no reason to play it. There's already a beast for harmony decks, which has a Harmony tag. Maybe make it 2p? Lol. Sirrssa is still bad. Should have been made 6p. Ithlinne is the only semi-useful buff, but she's not an engine, so that body buff was not needed, since she was never getting removed anyway. I guess I'll be winning by one point all those draws I had before...:smart:

No nerfs to Lined Pockets, so another month of that. Whooptie doo

Sure, I would enjoy it is Vampires, Wild Hunt and Relicts would all be worth playing.
The issue is that the first 2 did not even get a single buff (let alone a noticable one) and thus they are complete trash, so only Relicts can be viable and your conclusion is then that Relicts as well should not be playable, since it would be the only competent MO deck.
So in summary you would rather not a single MO deck being worth using, than having only 1.
As I've stated earlier, there's no way relicts would get thrown out of the meta just because they can't copy Koschey, I went pro easily with relicts last season and I took Crimson Curse over Caranthir. Part of me wants to tell you I wouldn't mind them going extinct, but I really hated Keltullis and now I miss that cheeky little dragon.

Now, now, this would've been a fine patch...except...

Let's be honest, none of these changes matter while the Tunnel Drill is still around. It's shocking how they neglected to do anything about one most broken card in the game. Also, for that matter, Whoreson Jr, whose brokenness became something of a meme at Bushenko's stream.

And now that MO is likely out of the way, we're up for a month of Gwent: the Syndicate card game. Maybe with a small side-dish of spies and spellataiel.
Very disappointing, another season not worth playing.

Can we for the love of gwent can we restore ithlinne too what she was once an actual spell caster!!!!.. hand buff is terrible .. she used too be one of my favourite cards in spell' ateal .. lamecoming ruined her into an unplayed non mage like card... make her a double bronze nature card caster and she will be played again.. would really love too see mahakam ale as the row booster it used too be and sage cast alchemy spells again instead of just another boost by x card

As I've stated earlier, there's no way relicts would get thrown out of the meta just because they can't copy Koschey, I went pro easily with relicts last season and I took Crimson Curse over Caranthir. Part of me wants to tell you I wouldn't mind them going extinct, but I really hated Keltullis and now I miss that cheeky little dragon.
Not because they couldn't copy Koshchey.
Without Koshchey being a copy target it itself would not be worth playing and with Mamunna and Bloody Mistress at 11p there would be no worthwhile Caranthir target for Relicts.

So in summary:
Mamunna -> the deck loses 1p
Bloody Mistress -> the deck loses 1p
Caranthir -> propably not worth using anymore, so another worse card has to take its place
Kikimore Worker -> propably not worth it anymore with only 3 Armor
Selfeater -> The deck loses at least 2-3 points, if this 6p card is not immediately answered by 5p cards

Relicts are much, much worse than before. What you are suggesting is to salt the earth just to make sure.

Edit: Also Idarran is propably not worth including either anymore.

I would like this patch but... one of the worst feelings I had in this game, seeing my board erased beacause of Tunnel Drill and Frakshow, still untouched. It's not hard to gain coins and put bounties on bodies. One card shouldn't have the ability to simply destroy everything he wants as he was in a slaughter buffet.

Last edited:
Not because they couldn't copy Koshchey.
Without Koshchey being a copy target it itself would not be worth playing and with Mamunna and Bloody Mistress at 11p there would be no worthwhile Caranthir target for Relicts.

So in summary:
Mamunna -> the deck loses 1p
Bloody Mistress -> the deck loses 1p
Caranthir -> propably not worth using anymore, so another worse card has to take its place
Kikimore Worker -> propably not worth it anymore with only 3 Armor
Selfeater -> The deck loses at least 2-3 points, if this 6p card is not immediately answered by 5p cards

Relicts are much, much worse than before. What you are suggesting is to salt the earth just to make sure.

Edit: Also Idarran is propably not worth including either anymore.
Well, it was unclear you meant Caranthir not being worth it in relict decks, which is true. The only issue I see is that he's not really worth it in WH decks which is where he should truly belong to begin with. As for the provision nerfs, switching from fruits to leshen actually makes you end up with one provision more than before nerfs.

I suppose time will tell but I don't feel like I need to be a fortuneteller to say there will be lots of relicts in the next patch still, and Koschey+Caranthir combo will be there, making people miserable, just like last season.

Well, it was unclear you meant Caranthir not being worth it in relict decks, which is true. The only issue I see is that he's not really worth it in WH decks which is where he should truly belong to begin with. As for the provision nerfs, switching from fruits to leshen actually makes you end up with one provision more than before nerfs.

I suppose time will tell but I don't feel like I need to be a fortuneteller to say there will be lots of relicts in the next patch still, and Koschey+Caranthir combo will be there, making people miserable, just like last season.
I would also expect that to see play, given that MO has no other alternatives that are even worth trying, so that seeing more play than the worse alternatives would be no surprise.

Besides the change to Kikimore Worker I really like the nerfs to MO. The relicts deck might be really bad now, but those cards were just too good and maybe relicts will get more cards next month.

I am really disappointed SY (especially Drill/ Freakshow/ Whoreson jr) didn't get some nerfs too though.

Also, as a small afterthought, a fun quote.
I am taking it out of context, but I think it describes the last few seasons in Gwent and this patch especially really well.

"You know what it's like? It's like that show "Becker," you know, with Ted Danson? I watched the entire run of that show, hoping that it would get better, and it never did. It had all the right pieces, but it just... It couldn't put them together. And when it got cancelled, I was really bummed out, not because I liked the show, but because I knew it could be so much better, and now it never would be"

rrc

Forum veteran
Not sure I understand (or like) this barrage of neutral card buffs lately. It started with the Royal Decree buff that made no sense last patch and continues here. They are trending towards being (and some already are) better than faction cards. Why is that good?

Now, ST changes are... pointless. I'm especially baffled by the Ranger change. It's a poison card. Why would you increase deploy damage on a poison card??? It makes zero sense. I could understand it maybe if you changed it to: Deploy: Damage a unit by 2, THEN poison a unit, but as it is, it's just silly. The panther is still too weak at 4p and there's still no reason to play it. There's already a beast for harmony decks, which has a Harmony tag. Maybe make it 2p? Lol. Sirrssa is still bad. Should have been made 6p. Ithlinne is the only semi-useful buff, but she's not an engine, so that body buff was not needed, since she was never getting removed anyway. I guess I'll be winning by one point all those draws I had before...:smart:

No nerfs to Lined Pockets, so another month of that. Whooptie doo
At least ST has one playable deck (if you consider the no-unit Madoc too as good, then two).. so we can't complain about ST. Even when ST was having one of the worst seasons it didn't get any good meaningful buffs. Funny how, ST mostly gets power buff to cards which is remotely playable rather than provision buff which would make them really good. Oak and now Ithlinne and get provision buff for cards which are anyhow so bad that the provision buff is not going to change anything (Sirissa, Panther).

At least ST has one playable deck (if you consider the no-unit Madoc too as good, then two).. so we can't complain about ST. Even when ST was having one of the worst seasons it didn't get any good meaningful buffs. Funny how, ST mostly gets power buff to cards which is remotely playable rather than provision buff which would make them really good. Oak and now Ithlinne and get provision buff for cards which are anyhow so bad that the provision buff is not going to change anything (Sirissa, Panther).
Some arcane balancing logic at work here:
MO has one broken deck - it gets nerfed hard, but other high gold cards get buffs.
SY has one broken deck - its untouched, but other unrelated cards get buffs.
SK has one playable deck - gets a bunch of small buffs.
NR has one playable deck - gets a bunch of medium buffs.
ST has one playable deck - 4 real obscure cards get jokes. :D

Some arcane balancing logic at work here:
MO has one broken deck - it gets nerfed hard, but other high gold cards get buffs.
SY has one broken deck - its untouched, but other unrelated cards get buffs.
SK has one playable deck - gets a bunch of small buffs.
NR has one playable deck - gets a bunch of medium buffs.
ST has one playable deck - 4 real obscure cards get jokes. :D
You understand The others "mo buffs" are to compensate The caranthir nerf and make him still playable at some decks.

I mean, The only targrts for caranthir are:
Kolschey - ok, good target and its already 10 provision
Weaves - meme target and it was already 10 provision.
Orianma - more or less and it used in One of the worst MO's deck.
Kiki Queen - it was a Good target like one year ago and now receive a "buff"
Ruehin - it was a Good target like one year ago and now receive a "buff"

So in fact only 2 useless cards gets a buff to still work with caranthir.

In other hand we post The Elder vampire and alberom, wich were good caranthir targets too (i wont say about maumma and Blood mistress because this too really need to not interaction with caranthir).

So for now, we have a 9 provision card that oy works with one card (Kolschey) and, considering The "players blame" (Just see some psots below) about this interaction, problably devs will put Kolschey at 11 provision in The next patch

You understand The others "mo buffs" are to compensate The caranthir nerf and make him still playable at some decks.

I mean, The only targrts for caranthir are:
Kolschey - ok, good target and its already 10 provision
Weaves - meme target and it was already 10 provision.
Orianma - more or less and it used in One of the worst MO's deck.
Kiki Queen - it was a Good target like one year ago and now receive a "buff"
Ruehin - it was a Good target like one year ago and now receive a "buff"

So in fact only 2 useless cards gets a buff to still work with caranthir.

In other hand we post The Elder vampire and alberom, wich were good caranthir targets too (i wont say about maumma and Blood mistress because this too really need to not interaction with caranthir).

So for now, we have a 9 provision card that oy works with one card (Kolschey) and, considering The "players blame" (Just see some psots below) about this interaction, problably devs will put Kolschey at 11 provision in The next patch
Kiki Queen and Ruehin aren't "useless" cards just because they aren't relicts. And Plague maiden was also buffed by 2 provisions just appease the relict nerf and make her work with Caranthir. Also not a "useless" card. These are 3 11-12p legendary cards getting 1-2 provision buffs. ST WOULD KILL for buffs like that lmao.

Top Bottom