Pay once get all pack considered ?

+
Pay once get all pack considered ?

A few questions regarding the pricing model

Hey,

Tl;dr: Are there plans for you to be able to pay once and get all cards (maybe even all future expansions and cards) or are there plans for you to get all cards with the expansion when it comes out ?

as far as I know currently there are 2 things which are planned to be paid:
  1. Expansions
  2. Card packs

This is the "standard" model for card games currently (the shiniest example is Hearth Stone)
For me and a lot of other people the biggest turn off for HS (and the reason I stopped playing it) is that
there isn't a reasonable way to get cards.

Let me elaborate:
You get free packs from doing quests and grinding. If you don't have that much free time (Eg you have a day job or you play other games or whatever) You usually end up losing(not making) daily quests and not playing enough to grind out the gold which pushes you towards packs.

There is nothing wrong with that of course, however no reasonable amount of cards ensures you will get cards for the decks you play or the style you want to play and so on. There are plenty of stories where people have spent the money on several triple A games worth of HS cards and even that doesn't give them all the cards.

How will this be handled ? The most convenient way for me would be to be able to purchase the entire game (including all current cards) and when you buy expansions to get all the cards or even simpler: to pay once (even a sum worth of a triple A game + season pass can be reasonable if enough post release content is planned) and get all the cards even in future expansions. Are such things considered ?

Thanks!

they will have a dusting system like hs, so you can craft the cards you don't like to get cards you want to get, So far gwent really does not have that many cards when compared to other trading card games so a set should not be that much.

Right now, there are pricing methods employed:
- you buy single player campaigns with money (these campaigns are 10 hours each, high quality content)
- you buy cards packs - in card pack you will get 1 card to choose from 3 drawn cards - these are are at least of rare quality. So you will get at least 1 good card and you have more chances of getting one you need because of choice. You will also get 4 more cards of random quality (can be common, can be rare and so on)

Single players and multiplayer decks are separate

I hope they don't make the card draws like Overwatch loot boxes, where you can always get the stuff you already have, at least not for the rare ones and not too often for the bronze/silver.

That being said, since GWENT does not have that many total cards it might work well.

I hope they don't make the card draws like Overwatch loot boxes, where you can always get the stuff you already have, at least not for the rare ones and not too often for the bronze/silver.

That being said, since GWENT does not have that many total cards it might work well.

Well it's obvious you can get cards you've already gotten before. Any card pack opening system is like that.
You can get a crafting resource from duplicates of course so you can craft cards you actually want.

Not to mention your 1st card of a pack (Which is the Rare or higher rarity) will give you a choice of 3 cards.
You choose 1 of those 3, discard the other 2 and the other 4 cards in the pack are random from there.
So they give you choice on your gauranteed Rare or Higher card in the pack. (The other 4 random can still be rare or higher.)

Well it's obvious you can get cards you've already gotten before. Any card pack opening system is like that.
You can get a crafting resource from duplicates of course so you can craft cards you actually want.

Not to mention your 1st card of a pack (Which is the Rare or higher rarity) will give you a choice of 3 cards.
You choose 1 of those 3, discard the other 2 and the other 4 cards in the pack are random from there.
So they give you choice on your gauranteed Rare or Higher card in the pack. (The other 4 random can still be rare or higher.)

Yeah I heard that in the menatime.
It doesn't sound too bad, and way fairer than Overwatch (where you get the same rare "spray" or "skin" for the third time).
If you have 1 guarenteed rare and you can choose between 3, considering the rare cards are not THAT many (I'd say 20 - 25 max. atm) that would mean that the chances of getting only the same is much lower. And if you can break down duplicate cards (assuming you do not want duplicates) in order to make other cards of the same type out of them that is also a good idea. Regarding this I hope though that you do not need that much crafting material. For example I think breaking down 2 gold cards and 1 silver (or 2 bronze) should enable you to craft a gold card of your choosing. Anything more and it would be a bottomless pit of money. That being said we know we can win all cards in-game through grinding, so I guess even if you could you do not have to spend the money. And while I think CDPR will definitely make it a grind in order to be able to actually make some money, I am sure they will be way fairer than all those mobile game developers and publishers out there who make those grinds so incredibly long that most people actually buy packs or quit the game. So yeah, I trust CDPR will find a balance on how far to go with the grind so it is still relatively fun. If they add expansions, decks and cards after release there shouldn't be a problem and they should make enough money from that plus the few card packs that most people will buy to justify the development cost/time and then make some profit on top of it. The trick is to not be too modest, but also not too greedy.

Top Bottom