[PC] Voice Sync not working

+
[PC] Voice Sync not working

Hello,I have noticed that in my copy of the Witcher 3 the voice and the in game Voice sync does not seem to really be working. The voice finishes speaking though the character on the screen continues to mouth his/her lips. When i have watched other people's videos on youtube that seems to be the case. Now the game runs petty well itself. I haven't found really any issues with the performance; So I am trying to figure out the issue. Any assistance is welcome :)

So here are all the current Specs I am using.

PC Specs
CPU: intel core i7-4700hq
RAM: 8gb
GPU: Nivida GeForce GTX 860m

Post-Processing
Motion blur: Off
Blur: Off
Anti-Aliasing: on
Bloom:
Ambient Occlusion:
Depth of Field:
Chromatic Abberation: on
Vignetting: on
Light Shafts: on

Graphics
Vsync: on
max FPS: 30
Resolution: 1920x1080
Display mode: Borderless Window
Nvida hair works: ultra
Number of Background characters: ultra
Shadow Quality: high
Terrain Quality: Ultra
water Quality: high
Grass Density: high
texture Quality: Ultra
Foilage visiablity range: high
Detail level: ultra
Hardware cursor: Off

Hello
I have the same problem the game runs ok but the videos while talking are fare to long for the avaliable aoudio track. Thus the lips move and the sound is over for 4-5 Seconds already

If you have edited your user.settings file to make movies/cutscenes run at 60 fps, try changing them back to 30. DA: Inquisition had this same issue.

No I did not. Over night I reinstalled the whole game and started it without the DLCs but the problem is still there...
The only difference was that I could not start my old game-saves. It also does this when I change the game to english.
I first had the problem. Then I tried to fix it. I am playing it in fullscreen mode now. I disabled most of the effects. nothing helps...
But I do have a SLI System with 2 GTX 560M Grafigcards maybe thats the problem?

I had this problem and found if I ctl+alt+del out of the game and then go back in (make sure your in the game not the start screen) it goes away. I do this every time I run the game as it seems to improve the overall game speed also. No idea why but I hope it helps for you.

I did this several times but I have this steam overlay... I am actually reinstlalling the whole game for the 3rd time. when it sarts again I will disable the overlay and try again. What version of the game do you have?

I have the GOG version on 1.06 patch but this tip also worked on earlier versions. I stumbled on this by accident when I wanted to quickly check an email. I will be interested if it works for others as not only does it stop the lip sync problem I had but gives a boast to FPS (fraps confirms this).

560's are WELL below the minimum specs. SLI could help somewhat, but could also be introducing other issues. Try lowering your resolution down as low as possible and play in fullscreen. See if that affects anything.

EDIT:
Check that -- try lowering your resolution to the lowest 16:9 aspect ratio.

Last edited:
Hello
yes. I was misreading the Benchmark List. -> my bad! The SLI 560M is too weak -> I compared it with the wrong 660 Card. So it looked as if it would work. I am actually playing with the settings. And it helps but until now the problem is not solved.
It is ruther stange...I can fight... I can ride... I can do every thing even with higher graphic details.... but the video engine is the problem.
I will report when and If I find a software solution.

Exchanging the SLI is maybe a solution
But 2 GTX880M will cost me 1360 Euro and I am still trying to find out if I need to change the heatsink of my Alienware M18X Nebula as well.
Furthermore I got some worring feedback from CD Project red. They say that M GPU's are generally not supported.
( Maybe no Problem since Alienware says that witcher 3 is no problem on their new Notebooks.)
But I must be sure before I spend that much money and before I dismount the whole Notebook.

Top Bottom