Personal petition request to Projektred for smaller patches (sign/agree here with a yay/nay response)

+
Personal petition request to Projektred for smaller patches (sign/agree here with a yay/nay response)

I've been unwilling to update from patch 1.03 due to the fact so many have been reporting serious issues with these new patches. This unfortunately means I have to skim for "bugged" quests and hope to avoid them, which breaks the experience somewhat, so been forced to skim and just look for what's triggering the bug while trying to avoid serious spoliers.

Anyways, while looking at the last 1.05 bug fix, there's a TON of "fixes" you guys/gals are cramming into one patch. From a logistical point of view, I'm sure it makes sense, but from an end-consumer point of view, it's a total nightmare when you are getting supposed "fixes" that are breaking other areas, hurting performance when performance wasn't even an issue to begin with, causing crashes when crashes weren't a problem in the first place, etc. etc.

What I'm asking is, if you guys/gals could break the patches down into smaller, OPTIONAL micro-updates that can be installed or UNinstalled at will (while not interfering with saves), that focus on only a couple issues that are similar to each other at time? Meaning, instead of 25 quest bug fixes stuffed in with performance fixes and texture fixes, Bovine Defense, etc. that are taking what might be one bugged quest for someone's walk-thru, and instead compounding their issue by breaking the entire game experience riddling it with crashes, FPS drops, texture issues, cut-scene issues, or more bugs; release the patches in smaller 1.06.a, 1.06.b, 1.06.c, etc. formats and do performance only updates in say 1.06.a, a bugged quest in 1.06.b, a bugged cut-scene in 1.06.c, etc. etc.

This one-size screws all patch the last 2 patches have been are only hurting your game, frustrating players to no end (especially those that have relied entirely on auto-saves and completely ignored manual saves [I have something like 800mb worth of manual saves out of fear of a severely bugged area that might force loading an earlier save vs. loosing 70+ hours of game play] or WANT to update but can't as the side-effects are worse than the disease) and preventing people like myself from even updating with new patches as the game has yet to even crash on me in-game, with only 1 serious bug preventing a quest from updating (forcing me to load an earlier save 30 minutes prior and tackling quest differently, thereby avoiding the issue), and a few others being a little buggy but still playable. Shouldn't have to risk a nearly flawless, playable gaming experience with solid FPS, excellent textures (sometimes a tad slow to fill in on cut-scenes running a GTX 970) with only one seriously bugged quest in 70+ hours to have all the headaches 1.04 & 1.05 have introduced.

If you guys/gals broke the patches down so we could PICK only what was needed with it being optional, 95% of your "bugged quest this", "bugged cut-scene" that, etc. would disappear while greatly reducing your troubleshooting workload all the new bugs you are creating are introducing. While I applaud the humor with "Bovine Defense Initiative" to prevent people from killing cows and selling their hides vs. just making cow spawn times several days or weeks (or sewing up the shell and pearl loophole) instead as getting coin isn't hard enough when vendors barely give you anything to begin with, I think it's egregious to be focusing on adding that to a patch when the patch is adding more bugs than it's fixing!

Anecdote: I remember Skyrim had, think it was a "mod manager" that wasn't from the devs, that eventually allowed you to add/remove patches, mods, etc. w/o issues. That game had so many bugs after release, I left it for nearly a year as I refused to start over, and couldn't continue as too many active quests weren't updating, initiating, etc. After returning a year after it came out, was able to apply the FIX needed, quest would immediately update, then you could finish it. No fuss, to extra Bovine Defense, nothing to do with textures, no added bugs, no CTD, no FPS drops, just a FIX for that particular quest. Once quest was completed, could then go in and disable the "fix" so it wasn't cluttering the load order. While I realize your game is different, you'd be saving many of us wasted HOURS away from the game if you just released bug fixes in small patches that ONLY fixed what was broken!!

Please, break the patches down into smaller sizes and to what's relevant, so we can fix what's relevant IF the need arises. When a game can easily soak up 100+ hours of gameplay, many of us don't want to be forced to start over, deal with CTD every 5 minutes, get stuck on a main quest, WASTE 10+ hours cumulative in forums trying to figure out if the quest is bugged, how we can work around the bug, if we need to avoid quest, if we need to do something differently, etc. While patch 1.03 has personally gotten me FAR in the game, after reading all the patch fixes in the notes and seeing all the bugs reported, I'm dreading the eventual brickwall on 1.03, and really DREADING a newer patch that might actually kill the game in it's tracks like so many are experiencing. I'd love to update to have some of the newer features and fixes, but since you guys/gals are acting like this your first release and getting WAY overambitious with how much you are cramming into each patch which inevitably means more troubleshooting on your end as you have to then try and isolate why the game is messed up and why the new patch is messed up (seriously, how can you keep track?) or which of the 2 is messed up.

Anyways, I apologize to fellow forum members for length of rant-post, but figured I'd try and include what everyone is either thinking, saying, or screaming!

1 YAY for SMALLER patches!

Last edited:
Patch sizes are fine the way they are if they were smaller people would complain more and would be asking for them to address more problems instead of making all little patches that address problems so few people are having, where as larger patches fix the major problems that most people are having.

Some players will have new problems as each patch is released, but in the end they will always release patches that work for the majority of user.

I would rather have them release large patches that address the majority of problems than release a bunch of small ones that cause even more problems.

They have their own schedule, let's not go overboard with this. We're not going to change their strategy with a bunch of forum posts.

I agree, they should be left to work like they want to. They are pros. But if with every update more stuff breaks than solved, then something has to be done.
And it's weird that, there are almost never just fixes. More like balances. You get this to work but now, that will break or perform a bit worse.
I haven't tried much since 1.03 but that is the picture I get from reading the forums. As for me, I decided that after a continuous 80-hour game time, I will wait a couple of months and continue then, hoping that most things will be resolved.

Top Bottom