Petition for a Rollback to 1.06

+
Petition for a Rollback to 1.06

Hi guys.. I really cannot stand this patch.. anyone else?

You can rollback from Gog Galaxy with a simple click if you want.
Why do you want downgrade?

first at all, there is no 1.06 for ps4
second at all, still, there is no 1.07 for ps4 in central europe.

Last edited:
I don't see it happening. Besides, why would you? The UI is vastly improved, the new movement is much better, Roach is less dumb... Sure, one quest broke, Achievements on Steam are not working, and I lost 7-10 fps, but the patch is a great success overall.

There won't be an official roll back that's quite impractical and the wrong approach from a design perspective.
Oddly enough I've been slammed for saying that there wasn't a single witcher game which was "playable" till EE, and nope Witcher 3 isn't an exception.

Small studio with limited experience and limited resources pretty much reinventing the game they are making every time they make it, from engine switching to completely different mechanics and design paradigms and supporting 3 platforms yep that's going to go as smoothly as an elephant trying to bone a turkey...

not gonna happen brah, the only way u can do, wait for hot fix or till 1.08, 9,10 ~ release.

or just reinstall the game if u have previous save.

Me too, I'd love to roll back to 1.0.6.

From launch to 1.0.6 SLI users had the option of playing in Full Screen Mode + Nvidia Control Panel Vsync. This properly enabled triple buffering and allowed us run with no screen tearing, SLI frame pacing, smooth gameplay from 50-60fps, and a lock at 45fps when it dropped below 50.

Now fullscreen mode has been "fixed" to work just like the Xbox One with double buffering dropping heavy areas from 30 to 20fps. On the PC, fullscreen mode with either in-game OR Nvidia control panel vsync forces double buffering. This means if fps drops below around 55fps we are LOCKED at 40fps no matter what so FPS is constantly fluctuating between 40/60, and GPU utilization gone down from 90%+ to 50%. Double buffering is terrible compared to triple buffering performance wise and I don't understand why any game in 2015 is still using this outdated technique. Double buffering is dropping SLI performance to overclocked single card performance. So the last couple hours what did I do? I disabled SLI since I was getting the same framerates anyway, might as well save power.

Last edited:
Me too, I'd love to roll back to 1.0.6.

From launch to 1.0.6 SLI users had the option of playing in Full Screen Mode + Nvidia Control Panel Vsync. This properly enabled triple buffering and allowed us run with no screen tearing, SLI frame pacing, smooth gameplay from 50-60fps, and a lock at 45fps when it dropped below 50.

Now fullscreen mode has been "fixed" to work just like the Xbox One with double buffering dropping heavy areas from 30 to 20fps. On the PC, fullscreen mode with either in-game OR Nvidia control panel vsync forces double buffering. This means if fps drops below around 55fps we are LOCKED at 40fps no matter what so FPS is constantly fluctuating between 40/60, and GPU utilization gone down from 90%+ to 50%. Double buffering is terrible compared to triple buffering performance wise and I don't understand why any game in 2015 is still using this outdated technique. Double buffering is dropping SLI performance to overclocked single card performance. So the last couple hours what did I do? I disabled SLI since I was getting the same framerates anyway, might as well save power.

Nope it hasn't no difference between how Vsync works in windowed and full screen, the full screen exclusive mode still sucks if you want to use overlay and other stuff but it doesn't affect anything.

Also you do realize that Vsync by definition is a form of double buffering (technically you "can" do vsync by waiting for the sync line to start drawing a frame but there is no guarantee you will finish the draw in time so no one implements in in that manner) right? I have a strong feeling that DF have had their terminology mixed like they often do.

When vsync is enabled you basically got 2 "framebuffers"(doesn't have to be a frame buffer, and in most cases it's not your classical framebuffer since that one is usually at a higher resolution than the display resolution but i digress) one is the active one from which the image is displayed on the screen, the 2nd one is what the game uses to render the next frame without displaying it.
When the monitor is ready for a frame refresh you copy the data from the 2nd buffer and repeat, although technically today you'll just adjust the pointer aka page flipping to switch between them since it saves you an in memory copy and allows you to recycle the previous buffer straight away...

Patch is working fine for me, it actually improved performance on my SLI 980 setup (not using Vsync as I'm using Gsync). I managed to further increase some values in the INI file and it still runs better than it did before with lower values. Never installed mods, this could be a reason I'm not getting the issues others are experiencing? No idea. But I don't need a rollback.

The game is much more stable with +5 fps . No more freezes and it doesn't crash no more , even with MSI afterburner, at 50 fps tweaked high.It runs even better so.... No .

Last edited:
Been getting more stable FPS as well. Heck I can even run Hairworks at acceptable framerate now, too bad I'm not a big fan of noodles. ;)

Guys I just came from the future to post that patch 1.14 is gonna blow your minds, it fixes everything!

Guest 3839371

The game seems to be working better on PC after the Patch but not on Consoles ;) I´m playing on X1 and i suffer massive Framedrops - Game sometimes starts to lag or even nearly freezes when i use my Witcher sensen - I also encountered many of the so called "fixed" bugs from the Changelog on my second Playthrought (which I started right after I downloaded the 1.07 Patch). I also heard and read a lot about that there are many Problems on PS4. So the Main Problem seems to be the Console Versions. Also the game crashes quite often after the Patch on my First playthrough on Patch 1.04 / 1.05 the game did not crash one time !

Last edited by a moderator:
Been getting more stable FPS as well. Heck I can even run Hairworks at acceptable framerate now, too bad I'm not a big fan of noodles.

Hah... not a fan of it either because the use of HW is inconsitent in TW3 ...

on Topic i just have to give you this:

Specially after i read some posts on the first page....

Ciriously folks DAFUQ

Patch is working fine for me, it actually improved performance on my SLI 980 setup (not using Vsync as I'm using Gsync). I managed to further increase some values in the INI file and it still runs better than it did before with lower values. Never installed mods, this could be a reason I'm not getting the issues others are experiencing? No idea. But I don't need a rollback.

can you try to enable vsync please? do you notice performance drop?
with my GTX980SLI and 1.06 with vsync on I had 60FPS rock solid, can I do the same with 1.07?

can you try to enable vsync please? do you notice performance drop?
with my GTX980SLI and 1.06 with vsync on I had 60FPS rock solid, can I do the same with 1.07?

Yes, at least on Titan X SLI, also you should be getting more than 60 average upto and including 4K....

Top Bottom