Playboy and Angry Joe

+
Seboist said:
Which is a blatant falsehood as the sex scenes don't last long enough to get in a good fap.

You...uhm, know this from experience?

CostinMoroianu said:
Meanwhile CDPR spent in total 10.5 million on TW2 + EE. Now of course since they doubled the team and are making a bigger game with more voice acting required it might just very well reach over 20 million for TW3 in terms of development costs, perhaps even 25 million.

You are forgetting that developing a game in Poland is much cheaper than in the USA. I'm pulling numbers out of my ass, but I wouldn't be surprised if that with the man hours put into the W2 had it been developed by an american company, that 10 million might be double or even triple.

Agent_Blue

CostinMoroianu said:
In retrospec I think that CDPR did make a pretty big mistake by getting AngryJoe. I mean his review is one of the biggest sources of fuel for the ammunition of those who argue TW is misogynistic. That it's just a tool for young teens to jerk off to.

There seems to be a misunderstanding here. How on Earth could that backstage video ever be perceived as misogynous? Quite the contrary, I'd say. Sure, it's perhaps of poor taste and puerile, maybe, but, if anything, that might reflect poorly upon Angry Joe. Those billboards were there, there's no denying. I have no problem with that.

I really don't think anyone who finds their presence morally objectionable would ever be willing to withstand 30 hours of gameplay where roughly the same kind of standards are on display.

Misogynous? Hell no.

I’ve worked on several marketing campaigns in support of some pretty big gaming brands (Nintendo most recently) and can confirm that the employing of small, dedicated field marketing teams is an oft overlooked, very effective, means of generating interest and support for a game. I mean, what did we see in store in support of the Witcher 2 launch for example?

Fandango said:
I’ve worked on several marketing campaigns in support of some pretty big gaming brands (Nintendo most recently) and can confirm that the employing of small, dedicated field marketing teams is an oft overlooked, very effective, means of generating interest and support for a game. I mean, what did we see in store in support of the Witcher 2 launch for example?
I believe spending money on advertisements on the buses or in shops across all the countries is a waste of money in my opinion.

Let me try;
  • Everyone these days makes up their mind about the game long before the release. The idea is to make people pre-order the game.
  • Pre-order bonuses! nothing game changing, perhaps PSN/XBL exclusive avatar or game guide.
  • Advertise TW3 on services like Steam, PSN, XBL, Amazon long before the release. Perhaps if possible on PS4/x720 have digital version of the game available on the PSN/XBL from day one.
  • Make people interested in the game long before it comes out by creating competitions or giveaways on facebook,witcher website or any other gaming website, I still remember when GOG was giving away free key's on EpicBattleAxe. It was clever idea.. not sure why they stopped it.
  • TW3 will be great game, show of those graphics in tech demo's! Advertise the Red Engine 3! perhaps create solid benchmark software running on RE3 and release it to the public.
  • PC version, make it a bit more better then any other ports perhaps by adding MOD tool and tons of content for it.
  • After release, continue supporting the product by adding new content and creating things like competitions for most unique quest or add-on created on MOD tool software, artwork, costplay, videos etc.

CostinMoroianu said:
In retrospec I think that CDPR did make a pretty big mistake by getting AngryJoe. I mean his review is one of the biggest sources of fuel for the ammunition of those who argue TW is misogynistic. That it's just a tool for young teens to jerk off to.

agreed. angry joe sucks and isn't funny.

seamusgod said:
agreed. angry joe sucks and isn't funny.
Sorry but I find him is hilarious. And I wish him all the best in the future!

Asking AngryJoe to help with TW3 advertisement would be good idea :cool:

Fandango said:

I do not remember that well actually but most of the marketing that I saw was online. Although there are different approach to this, if you want to sell to new costumer, or potential ones. Most of the physical marketing is not for the people already here actually the dev video are more in that conner. I remember for the first game that they were associate with bioware from the engine and that pick my interest after playing Mass Effect, NwN, Kotor...etc so it was defiantly the link they had with bioware for me. I also share my love with the community of gamer that share my language as some loved the game, once again being bioware fans. So word-of-mouth to me is one of the most powerful ones.

I have some experience on the field but not with games, I would say that they still can expand their brand, without losing what they are. For what I gather their main target is still males over 17 which is something that I think that do them more harm them good but hey it is their brand.

@Costin Why not ask both? They've already done some projects together and can appeal to different types of audience.

ReptilePZ said:
@Costin Why not ask both? They've already done some projects together and can appeal to different types of audience.

I certainly don't want to see the audience that AngryJoe appeals to. The audience TB has is worth it.

I think my biggest concern with things like the AngryJoe interviews is that the relationship between developers/publisher and reviewers became a hot topic later last year. I don't want to see CDPR caught up in that.

I think you're underestemating AJ's audience. Sure, he can seem a bit immature in some of his videos and I can see why some people might not like him, but the guy makes some valid points in his reviews and does attract some reasonable people. I don't think he should be ignored as an option. In fact, TGS seems to have been doing a lot of promotional stuff lately, maybe CDPR can get them all on board to do something W3-related.

dragonbird said:
I think my biggest concern with things like the AngryJoe interviews is that the relationship between developers/publisher and reviewers became a hot topic later last year. I don't want to see CDPR caught up in that.
While that's a valid point, TGS, TotalBiscuit in particular, is very open about this sort of stuff and are unlikely to cause such issues for CDPR.

Some reasonable people doesn't remove the notion that much of his fanbase is made up of people you wouldn't want CDPR to cater the game to. It's not about the man himself it's about his audience after all. Besides he is far from the biggest director in TGS.

I can say the same for Jesse's audience, though I'd also say that many of them are probably mature people since Jesse built much of his fanbase from TB's fanbase and Jesse is actually someone who did not do such stupid shit as that W2 review, nor did he continue banging about Triss and Sex.

I am not against sex in video games in fact I'd love to see Geralt fully naked in sex scenes, because duh

TB is by far the one you want to go for though.

Top Bottom